Season 2: Move to Heisman Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Aug 29, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Season 2: Move to Heisman Sliders

I plan on moving this dynasty up to Heisman this offseason. We need some good, realistic, not overly dominating sliders. If anyone has some good sets I should look at, post here. I'll be looking at the slider section over at NCAA Utopia as well.

Thanks...

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Well, what do you guys think? I'd like to be on Heisman just for the sake of knowing when I win a game it wasn't b/c some lame varsity or AA sliders were making the CPU do stupid stuff so I'd win. On the other hand, I don't want to lose b/c the CPU did stupid things to make me lose. We've got some time. Let's look this over and see what comes from it.

Are you guys happy with our current AA sliders? I'm happy to see some of us are losing to the CPU but I think the more we play we're getting used to the game and will keep getting better and beating the CPU more often, even if it's to a top ranked team and our user team is total crap.

I haven't played on Heisman in a while...I played a game last night and I swear it seemed my RB was quicker and closer to the ability of his real life counterpart than what I see on AA or Varsity. I'd like for our studs to be really good but I'd also like for the CPU defense we're facing to be competent.

Let me know...

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I'm always for harder sliders but i do have one of the best teams so its best to follow the others opionons

4. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

"i do have one of the best teams so its best to follow the others opionons."

exactly the same feeling here.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

The problem I'm sure we're running into here is this...It's my opinion that several of the users in this dynasty are just flat out really good at this game and any version of it...That basically skews the game and some of the outcomes. Those guys probably think it's never tough enough while players like myself think some things are too tough and some things are too easy. I wish we could alter sliders for each user. Now that would be great...

6. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I'm one of the worst in this league and I don't mind the difficulty being increased.

7. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

well i have been playing madden almost non stop for the last week. in another online dynasty im in, i have a Notre Dame team were my worst player on offense is a 94ovr. Defense is very similar, so far i have lost 3 straight user games with them. I cant play NCAA anymore for some reason after playing Madden i have lost any skills i had on NCAA :(

Utah's season might be in jeopardy.

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Please move us to Heisman!

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Got any slider suggestions for us?

10. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

No specifics, but in general, I would turn down the running ability of user teams. I would also increase the pass blocking for the CPU.

Looking at game stats, it is pretty obvious most teams are very run heavy because it is pretty easy to move the ball that way. Sacks & tackles are also way too high for DE. Granted some of that is due to the longer quarters.

Make us be more balanced on offense. Just my opinion though.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

While I agree that running is probably too easy, I disagree that we all need to be forced to be more balanced on offense. I run the fleXbox One and choose to run the ball about 80% of the time because of that. It would suck if the running game were neutered and I was forced to completely change my play style because of a slider change.

Also, with the sack numbers of some of these DEs, I'm thinking that at least some people user control their DEs and probably even use the contain/looping glitch to get these kinds of numbers (although it's certainly possible that they don't know that it's a glitch and just think they're really good at it instead). If that's the case, trying to neuter the pass rush won't do anything to stop them. It'll hurt the user's CPU controlled pass rushers, but not the user controlled D-lineman.

12. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

nevermind

13. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

My defensive end has a lot of sacks (I think), but it is because of sliders since I do not manually control him.

14. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I am not suggesting "neutering" of any kind. I think that is quite a leap from the general suggestions I had for the gameplay.

I am suggesting that these areas are too easy against quality CPU opponents. All teams should have to have some sort of balance or at least a threat of balance to be as productive as we are on offense against the CPU controlled traditional powers. I played North Carolina and just ran it down their throat with a TE heavy Ace formation. Not very realistic. Especially when all three of my TE's are rated in the 50's.

A reduction in the pass rush would let the CPU put up better offensive numbers. Basically, I'm tired of shutting down the CPU offense. I hold OU to 17 points. North Carolina to something like 10. I'm Tulsa! My defense is terrible! I shouldn't be able to get much pressure from my front four. Just ask any user I play. It's very frustrating as user opponents just run by me and I can't really do anything about it.

15. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

I am all up for a difficulty increase. I would suggest some sliders, but I can't since school is taking up most of my time right now, otherwise I would test out some OS sliders to see if any of them are realistic.

16. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I also think that we need a difficulty increase (ECU in the NC?!? CSU 10-2?!? SJSU 10-2?!?) but I'd rather have that come with harder AA sliders than Heisman. I've never been a fan of Heisman but I'll go with whatever we decide. I've started a new offline dynasty with Michigan. I'm still 5-1, but I think (hope) this is more a product of Michigan being rated well in this game (I've only played 1 team better than mine so far and only 2 road games). I curb stomped Eastern Michigan 62-0, but they are only 1/3 of a letter grade better than an FCS team. I beat Western Michigan handily.

I beat ND by 10, but they turned it over 6 times!

I beat Indiana at home by less than 7.

I beat Michigan State on the road by 7 with the winning score coming in the last 1:30.

I lost on the road to Iowa 14-3 (I scored three points!).

I'm still slightly tweaking things here and there, but here are the positives I've seen.

• I only scored 3 against Iowa, 17 against MSU, and < 20 against Indiana
    • I didn't have any 100 yard rushers in 4 of my 6 games (possibly only 3 of the games).
    • MSU's tailback rushed for about 280 against me.
    • Iowa's tailback rushed for 140 against me.
    • ND's tailback rushed for over 100 against me.

So far I'm loving the rushing game. In all 3 ODs I'm in, I just run the ball all the time because it's very effective and I don't need to pass. In this dynasty, I get the occasional big run, but I probably average <3 on most runs. Also, in every OD I've played, my rushing defense has been in the top 5ish in the country (even my crappy CSU defense) because the CPU can't run the ball for sh!t. In this dynasty, I've getting absolutely destroyed by some backs.

I think that we can have a tough slider set on AA, but I'll go to Heisman if that's what we decide.

17. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Jello, I've got no problems sticking to AA if we can get good results...I haven't checked season stats in a little while in this OD but would be interested to see what they tell us. I know our rushing is going to be too high b/c back when I did check I think most of the top rushing teams were OFFL MM users and I was #1 (!).

If you play it some more, compare it to ours and let me know where the changes are. I'd even be okay with moving down to Varsity like we do in the E League b/c that league has produced very moderate stats from what I've seen so far.

18. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

i have a set of AA sliders i am using in a FSU dynasty offline. The running game is very similar to madden now. The running backs are slowed down A LOT but they can still break long runs. My 1st season with FSU i went undefeated.
    Games looked like this though

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    My Team Score Opponent Score
    Florida State 36 Miami 33
    Florida State 63 Jacksonville St. 10
    Florida State 28 BYU 21
    Florida State 42 South Florida 28
    Florida State 44 Boston College 35
    Florida State 24 Georgia Tech 17
    Florida State 17 North Carolina 16
    Florida State 28 NC State 7
    Florida State 35 Clemson 14
    Florida State 42 Wake Forest 21
    Florida State 27 Maryland 15
    Florida State 35 Florida 32
    Florida State 44 Virginia Tech 21 ACC Championship
    Florida State 35 Boise St. 7 National Championship

Beat Miami in a 3 overtime game, beat Florida on a last second 56 yard field goal that hit the crossbar and bounced over. Beat North Carolina on a interception on my 10yard line with :20 seconds left.

My QB finished with around 3100 yards 24TD 9int. RB finished with around 1200yds 14TD. Top 5 tacklers stats were 112 tkls MLB, 88tkls OLB, 75tkls OLB, 73tks SS, 55tkls DT. all the games were super close for the majority of the time. had a few games where some late turnovers made them look worse than they were.

i can post the sliders if ya wanna give them a try, just let me know..

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Rather than just plainly saying I'm moving us to Heisman or whatever, I'll look over final stats after the last game to see what stands out. I encourage all of you to do the same and point out what seems "off" and report it here.