Season #2 (NCAA 2011): Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Season #2 (NCAA 2011): Scores

Use this thread to report your scores after your game for Season #2... To make a more detailed post, utilize the EA Dynasty Wire and an individual team thread in this forum..

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Penn State 44 Tulsa 21

3. Emmdotfrisk

5 Straight Against State Rival

[​IMG]

Highlights and Pictures

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UL UK
    Score 26 45
    First Downs 17 13
    Total Offense 484 501
    Rushes-Yards-TD 25-118-0 28-188-5
    Comp-Att-TD 24-35-3 12-16-1
    Passing Yards 366 313
    3rd Down 6-13 (46) 5-8 (62)
    4th Down 0-2 (0) 0-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 4-3-1 (100) 5-4-1 (100)
    Turnovers 1 0
    Fumble 0 0
    Interception 1 0
    Total Yards 669 538
    Punts-Avg 2-48.5 2-45.0
    Pen-Yards 2-20 2-15
    TOP 15:48 12:12

Player Stats

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Morgan Newton 259.9 12 16 313 1 0

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Donald Russell 15 159 10.6 1
    CoShik Williams 8 23 2.8 3
    Morgan Newton 3 3 1.0 0
    Brian Murphy 2 3 1.5 1

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg TD
    LaRod King 5 174 34.8 1
    EJ Fields 2 36 18.0 0
    Nick Melillo 2 38 19.0 0
    Donald Russell 1 25 25.0 0

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Danny Trevathan 9 4 1.0 0 0 0 0
    Ronnie Snead 9 1 0 0 0 0 0
    Randall Burden 5 1 0 1 0 0 0

Offensive Player of Game
    Donald Russell
    Defensive Player of Game
    Danny Trevathan​

4. Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]
    QB Taylor Martinez leads the Huskers to a win in their season opener.

HOUSTON: 21
    #19 NEBRASKA: 40

Huskers kick of 2011 with a big statement vs Houston.

See DW for Vids and Photos from the game!!

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Texas hammers Utah 63-21.

Many back ups played on both sides of the ball and two Defensive TDs in the second half pushed the score out of reach.

Gilbert led the way in the air.

Whaley led the ground attack after taking over for Whittaker at the half.

We also got our first look at RS Frosh RB Shead and were not overly impressed.

6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Ohio State comes from down 21 - 0 to win 49 -21. It was rainy with lots of turnovers.

7. Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]

#8 IOWA: 54
    UL MONROE: 7

The #8 Iowa Hawkeyes started off great with an impressive ground attack. Running backs Brandon Wegher and Jewel Hampton combined for more than 300 yards and 5 TD's. RSJR QB James Vandenberg got the start againt UL Monroe but Warren Mills entered the game quickly after Vandenberg threw a TD in the second quarter. The Hawks now prepare for a rivalry game with Iowa State next week.

Passing

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    James Vandenberg 6 4 85 1 1
    Warren Mills 7 5 75 1 0

Rushing

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Brandon Wegher 26 151 2 13
    Jewel Hampton 18 139 4 42

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

uf 34 boston coll 20

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

Alabama: 45

Oregon St.: 0

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

#11 Michigan 33-12 #22 Oregon

The Wolverines won their 2011 home opener with redshirt freshman Devin Gardner running the offense. Gardner looked good passing for over 200 yards and running for a couple of key first down. Vincent Smith's 89 yards and 2 touchdowns earned him Player of the Game honors.

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Great game by Griffin. He threw for 3 TD's in the first half, finding his favorite target, Kendall Wright twice for TD's. The interception was late in the fourth quarter on a bad decision by myself. I was trying to pick up a first down through the air, as I could not run on the TCU defense. They were in the backfield with the handoffs, it was somewhat ridiculous. Griffin underthrew a pass and it was picked off. Otherwise his performance on the day was amazing. Gameball goes to Chris McAllister, his interception on the 2 point conversion may have saved the day. Had he not stopped the 2pt, TCU would have only needed a FG to tie at the end of regulation. After the Griffin interception, they were able to move down the field, but a few key pass breakups, and we finally sealed the deal as time expired. My heart was pounding in my chest on this one guys. Baylor wraps it up against TCU in Waco, 24-19.

Mike

12. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Mizzou starts off 2011 with a big win over the Devils

[​IMG]

Big game for Blaine Gabbert and the offense. Gabbert finished the day 23-30 for 396 yards, 5 TDs and an INT on a DLine tip.. The offense coughed the ball up 4 times, but in all looked pretty good. The defense however has much need for improvement. Arizona State threw for 370 yards, and many times had 1-2 guys wide open.. Missouri will be hitting the drills hard this week before facing Florida on the road.

13. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

LSU wins at home against BYU 34-0. Took the starters out with 3:12 in the 3rd. Figured with the progression thing I should get the scrubs some work.

14. Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]
    Running back Brandon Wegher carried the ball 25 times for 191 yards with 1 TD in the Cy-Hawk Victory.

#8 IOWA: 20
    IOWA STATE: 0

This game worried me at first as the Hawks were only able to muster 3 points until the 4th quarter. I am happy the defense played so well but we just didn't have the capability to score on a big play against the Cyclones. Wegher carried the load with 25 carries for 191 yards with a 68 yard TD in the 4th quarter. QB's James Vandenberg and Warren Mills split time once again and there is still no word on who the starter is. Defensively Conerback Shaun Prater had a day with 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery. CB William Lowe also had an interception which he returned for a TD.

The #8 Iowa Hawkeyes start off 2-0 and have a important game with #16 Pitt next week in Iowa City.

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Figure in order to not be a stat whore and unsim you put the back ups in because you are a legit guy (y)

16. BG

BG On The Rize!

Alabama: 24

Penn St: 10

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

#3 LSU at #4 Texas

This was a huge early season test and unlike last season Texas was able to pass but it was damn close.

Texas got the ball first and much like last season we threw a pick on the first play of the game.

LSU would only be able to net a FG however.

Texas would answer with a long drive mostly on the ground and Soph RB Whaley would finish it off with a nice TD run.

The rest of the half LSU controlled it on the lines, thier D was all over us and the only success we were really having was on the ground as the DBs for LSU looked very very good.

LSU would score a nice TD on a long drive, something that is really starting to bug me is CBs who stay inside for some reason, this drive had one of those and we got caught trying to manually move our CB back outside to cover the WR and LSU continued its long drive for a TD. CA really called some great plays and made us pay.

Right before the half we would bonk a very short FG off the upright and go to the half trailing 13-7.

The second half would open and Texas was able to make LSU punt and we put together another long drive that was finished off by Whaley again who replaced Whittaker who got hurt and did not return.

With Texas holding the lead in the second half LSU would try and get it back in a hurry, they went to the air and Jr RDE Okafor would hit the LSU qb and the ball would come free and DT Randall would catch it in the air and run it in for a TD making the Texas lead 8 points at 21-13..

From then on the teams traded a few punts. Then Texas looking to ICE the game with just over a minute left missed another FG...

LSU had life and they took advantage, a masterfull drive with runs and passes move them for a TD.

In need of two to tie LSU went to the air and after going through his progressions the LSU qb found a TE in the back of the endzone and we are tied.

31 seconds left, Texas tries two passes and both fall incomplete so we are going to run the clock out and goto OT on third down.

Well RB Whaley had different ideas and he broke one off LT and took it over 70 yards only to be hauled down inside the five as the clock expired.

In OT Texas got sacked on first down, WR Williams who was quiet most of the day made a huge play catching a ball in tight coverage that gave us a first and goal.

The next play Whaley went in for a Td and Texas leads again 28-21.

LSU was driving got a run down to about the five fumbled the ball, Texas recovered but fumbled it back to LSU...

Game over??? I guess that since there was a change of possestion the game was over. Very strange ending to a very good game.

Texas wins in dramatic fashion 28-21.

Great game CA and best of the luck in the rest.

Whaley has made himself the starter for the rest of the season and was POG in this huge early season game with 210 yards rushing on 22 carries and 3 scores.

18. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

That was a very good game. That interception by the DT is what killed us. I almost died when I saw Whaley break that run that run at the end. Whaley raped us pretty bad, he is a great back. Good luck throughout the year.

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

1st Quarter
    1:25 UK FG
    0:20 Robert Griffin takes an option 69 yards for pay dirt

2nd Quarter
    6:55 Morgan Newton finds Matt Roark for a 25 yard TD strike
    0:07 Donald Russell HB for UK finds the endzone to push the lead to 17-7 at half

3rd Quarter
    5:06 Russell fields the kick off and takes it back 79 yards but UK can only squeeze out 3 points on the great field position
    3:19 Robert Griffin finds Gordon on a double move for 51 yard TD

4th Quarter
    2:27 Ganaway rushes in from 5 yards out to give Baylor a 21-20 lead
    0:46 Donald Russell finds the endzone and the 2 point conversion as UK holds on to win 28-21​

20. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Great game Knight. We will have to continue this series if we can.

Mike

21. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Missouri and Florida split Home-and-Home series

[​IMG]

After a heart-breaking loss last year at home, the Missouri Tigers stole one back from the Florida Gators in The Swamp. Blaine Gabbert looked solid, going 17-27 for 326 yards and 2 TDs on Saturday with no interceptions.

The Tigers started the game off on a one play, 82 yard TD pass from Gabbert to Rolandis Woodland. Florida struck back on a long balanced drive capped off on the ground by RB Jeff Demps. Gabbert would throw another big strike for 51 yards to Senior WR Jerrel Jackson in the middle of the second quarter, but Florida would answer again on a 4 yard TD pass from QB Brantley to TE Christian to make the lead 3 at the break.

A defensive second half kept the ball out of the endzone. Both teams missed a FG early in the 4th quarter, and a goal line stand by the Gators forced Missouri to settle for 3 points in the middle of the 4th keeping the game in reach. A long drive into the red zone late in the 4th quarter gave light to a Florida Gator comeback, however an INT in the end zone with under a minute left sealed the deal and gave the Tigers their second win of the season.

My hats of to coach sdid on a great game..

22. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

you suck hack!

23. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

It was fun man that punch in the mouth on the first play had us dazed for the whole game i think.

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

this coming from the guy that lost to Tracy in the dynasty war....

25. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

28-27 florida over UT Brantley redeems himself from throwing away the mizzou game