Season 2 Offseason

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Papa Perry, Sep 13, 2012.

?

What nights are you available?

1. 8pm EST Sunday Night

50.0%
  2. 8pm EST Monday Night

66.7%
  3. 8pm EST Tuesday Night

50.0%
  4. 8pm EST Wednesday Night

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

When do y'all wanna do this? It will be tough but I think we can do it Sunday night at the earliest and that has been the best night to do it before. I'm making the post for multiple votes so please select ALL nights you can make. Whatever night is chosen everyone will be expected to finish their weekly tasks in a timely enough fashion that we are able to advance every 12hrs.

bravejaf
    charter04
    GMONEY 15
    Mogriffjr
    Hokie Effect
    Twister18
    Gravity
    Cgreen214
    tar heel
    the bigg dawgg

2. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

8 any night isn't a great time. Kid and girlfriend are still awake. I can try and make it work tho

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Any of those nights should work, as long as I have enough notice

4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The great thing about dynasty wire this year is that u can do everything from it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Any night is fine with me

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

voted for monday. agree 8pm isn't a great time since i don't get home from work til like 7-715pm. I would say maybe push it back to 8:30? Takes ALOT less time this year to do an off-season since no new players. And if we make it 8:30, will coincide with MNF so can flip back and forth. But I know I'm the new guy so if 8pm is what the majority likes I'll make it at that time.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Agreed that offseason should not take much time. There are no new recruits added. If anyone has excess scholarships, start adding players to your board during the next couple days. You won't be able to scout/recruit the players but you can still add/subtract players from your recruiting board.

The Buckeyes only have 3 scholarships left before hitting 25, and there are at least 2 guys on my board that are easy signings.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Are we set for tomm night ?

9. Twister18

Yeah I won't get home until 8 pm cst so we will have 1 hour. IF we can get through players leaving and through the first week by start time, won't be a problem. I will most likely hand the Commish duties for the night to Papa Perry (don't worry the file won't blow up) We have T1 offseason starting at 9 so it will have to be quick. Perry we need to do the skype thing so lets set that up.

bravejaf
    charter04
    GMONEY 15
    Mogriffjr
    Hokie Effect
    Papa Perry
    Gravity
    Cgreen214
    NYJuggalo45
    the bigg dawgg
    sydeburnz

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ok so what time are we starting? 8est or 8cst? isn't 8cst the same as 9est/same time as T1 offseason?

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We will start T3 at 9 PM EST. T1 starts at 10 PM EST. It will be interesting if both offseasons overlap but we may be done with T3 before that starts.

I am pretty much done with recruiting in both leagues so it will not effect my teams. I am not sure about Twister18 and Gravity.

12. Papa Perry

Actually guys, after talking with Twister18 we will be starting at 8:30pm EST. I will be doing Twist's recruiting for him. Brave I may get you to hold the file if you can so you can advance for us since it is slow on my home connection.

OFFSEASON STARTS AT 8:30pm EST

Gravity
    Cgreen214
    bravejaf
    Twister18
    GMONEY 15
    Mogriffjr
    NYJuggalo45
    the bigg dawgg
    charter04
    Hokie Effect
    sydeburnz

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Papa Perry - that should not be an issue, I should be online and can advance the file

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

sounds good

15. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

FYI we will not stop at any stage for more than 10 minutes until we get to Preseason. Recruiting in offseason is very limited in NCAA 13 thanks to them taking out new players added to the pool. Make sure you have your board set up in week 1 because you will not be given extensive time to add new players.

• Like Like x 2
  17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

not even pos changes?

18. Papa Perry

Position changes will probably take a little longer considering we may be waiting on Twist at that time.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Even position changes should not take more than 10 minutes, but that would be the only exception. If we are waiting on Twist, that is a different situation.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Twister18

I will be home by 8 cst maybe before.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

last question...do you guys give pre-season a day? i would really like to watch some of tonites MNF game but if you plan on advancing to week 1 ill get it done

22. Papa Perry

We'll probably give preseason until I get home tomorrow. Just really depends on how fast we get through tonight

*EDIT*

Also keep in mind all of this stuff can be done on the website

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

once your board is set, recruiting from the web is easy. but not sure if you've done a pre-season from it, but searching for players to add to your board is kind of a pain in the ass. everytime you click a player, have to wait for their playercard to upload. then see what other teams are on his list. check his skills. scout him. add/remove him depending on the scouting. everytime a new screen waiting to load. doing it on the console much less time consuming

24. sydeburnz

sydeburnz Walk On

Now that Illinois has a new sheriff in town I am switching my playbook to Tennessee (Pro) and 3-4 Defense to better fit my personnel and experience.

25. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Sorry bout last night. I went to bed early. With me working at a new school, coaching, still trying to make it to the gym (5am), and juggling family life (1 year old and hormonal wife) I am wore out. I will try to get more active, but I will be playing my games on time at the least.