Archived Season 2 Playoff Picture

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by hammerhead1010, Nov 16, 2012.

1. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

[​IMG]
    I'll try to add some life and discussion/trash talk into this forum because it's been kinda slow since I've joined. I also wanted to be able to contribute a little bit of content and couldn't really think of anything to do but here goes. We are in Week 12 of the TMFL season with the playoff push in full swing. With 6 weeks left (counting this week) we take a look at how the race is shaking up and take a look at some teams with the most to gain and most to lose in these last 6 weeks.​
    AFCWk12.PNG NFCWk12.PNG
    The Race
    We will start out in the AFC. Most of the divisions are close but none out of reach. Less than one game separate the AFC North and AFC South. Division leaders Timpegoose and Gyrene76 can't get too comfortable as AzureEffect and bawvu97 are nipping at their heels coming down the stretch. In the AFC East and AFC West Philstyle3005 's Patriots and Baron 's Cheifs each have comfortable cushions in their top spots but there is quite a bit of football left to be played. Keller and his Bills hope to make a push in the AFC East and don't count a Peyton led Danthraxxx coached Broncos out either.​
    In the NFC many of the divisions have a much more comfortable lead but the leaders cannot get comfortable. The NFC North is very close with Kasper 's Vikings leading but with the Bears and HovaTheGodMC 's Lions within striking distance. Should be an interesting race to watch. In the NFC South the Saint's coached by capp34 look to have a sizeable lead but can the Falcon's or Panthers make a late push and hope for a Saint's meltdown? The NFC East has I Peench 's Giants sitting comfortably up top. A very interesting division though is the NFC West which has the Arizona Cardinals ( TEClemson53 ) and the St. Louis Rams ( Matrix Monkey ) fighting to win that division with both sitting at 6-4 apiece.​
    Wild Card
    A very tight race in the AFC as Baltimore (8-2) and Buffalo (7-3) are separated by one game. Add Tennessee (6-3-1) and the Bronco's (5-6) to the mix to try and fight for the two AFC wildcard spots.​
    In the NFC it's really anybody's guess. Take away the division leaders and the teams are literally neck and neck. Just to show how close it is the teams that are not leading their divisions sit as follows:​
    Chicago (5-5)​
    Detroit (5-6)​
    Atlanta (4-6)​
    Philadelphia (6-4)​
    Arizona/St. Louis (6-4)​
    The race is really on in the NFC for the remaining two spots. Should be an interesting finish to the season.​
    Thoughs/Discussion?​

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm 0-1 against Arizona so he has a slight lead in the division.

3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

What I saw today though the wildcard is wide open

4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Great job man!

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

This week's game against the Cowboys and Eagles is key. If the Eagles win, they'll basically have two games ahead for Second Place in the NFC East, controlling their Wild Card destiny.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

If I can get to 9-7 I think I can sneak in , but that means I need to beat Baron which didn't go so well last year lol

Unlike Cheez , that shit goes well all day ;)

7. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Yea I should have done more research as to what key matchups are left this season but I didn't. Very key game there though

8. Gyrene76

Has division strength flipped this year from NFC to AFC?

9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

You'd have to go 4-1 the rest of the way and I'd have to have an epic implosion of 1-5. Don't think the AFC West will be supplying the wildcards this season with the Bills and whoever comes second in the AFC North.

Magic number for the Chief is 3. 3 wins for the Chiefs or three losses for the Broncos. Or any combination of wins and losses in the Chiefs favor thereof.

Great job hammerhead1010

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Bears fell to 5-6 and the Vikes moved to 8-3. Really makes things tough for us but theres still a hope. Maybe should have waited another week or two for this there are too many possibilities at this point.

11. Baron

Well, you can begin your computations with what I like to call the CZ Constant: I.E. all TMFL playoff calculations should begin with the premise that Cheez sucks big floppy donkey dick and will never make the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah the NFC decided to dial back on the cheese so it's more level now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gyrene76

Haha, never thought of it that way.

14. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Bills don't have the wildcard locked up by any means. A lot can happen with these games left.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Do you all know each other? Or just hate each other? Lol

16. Gyrene76

They are lovers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

With major homo haha

• Like Like x 4
  18. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice content hammerhead1010. I'm still going to try my best to win out and hope everyone else loses. 9-7 Playoff birth? It's a long shot, but at least I'm trying. I can't stand for people to just give up and race to the highest draft pick, putting in their backups, going on auto, etc. I give MoonBBad credit for trying hard to win his game against me down to the bitter end, he doesn't give up.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Baron

No reason it can't be both. :)

I mean I DO love the fact that Cheez appears on my schedule twice a year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Who doesn't ?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I love it and I only played him once.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think the Packers are scheming to fight for a Wild Card spot..

• Like Like x 1
  23. Baron

Chiefs locked up the AFC West with a 49-32 win over the Broncos.

24. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Eagles are out.

25. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Panthers are out. Shocking, I know. Playing for nothing but pride against Kasper, antcap24, and Bondzai. It is tempting to Keller the season at this point though.