Season 2 Power Rankings edition 5(week 16)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thafuture3886, Jan 11, 2011.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

With 2 weeks left and still plenty to be decided with only the Rams, Colts, Jets and Broncos locking up their divisions. Many teams still have a shot to make it to the postseason so it will be interesting to see which teams step up to the challenge and which teams fall back. Without further ado i bring to you the last version of season 2's Regular Season Power Rankings(I've got something planned for playoffs but only if time permits):

1) St. Louis Rams(Prev: #2) - For the first time this season, a team other than the mighty Colts takes over the #1 spot. The Rams on the heels of a 9 game winning streak are the hottest team in the league. With impressive wins over the Cardinals and Giants it looks as if this team is destined to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and with everyone having to come to their house in the playoffs it's hard to argue against this team.

2) Indianapolis Colts(Prev: #1) - For the first time in 32 games, the Colts finally know what it's like to lose a game after a 28-7 loss to the Bucs. A very impressive feat but like all good things, it must come to an end. It will be interesting to see how the Colts rebound from their first loss in over a season and a half. The Colts won't get much of a break with road games remaining at the dangerous Texans and the surging Jets in what could be a game for the #1 seed in the AFC Playoffs.

3) New York Jets(Prev: #3) - The second hottest team in the league, the Jets come in winners of 8 in a row. With wins over the Bills and Patriots in weeks 14 and 15 the Jets wrapped up their division and all but clinched at least the #2 seed in the AFC. The final 2 games are not easy for the Jets however as they travel to DC to face the Redskins and have a huge game against the Colts in week 17.

4) Denver Broncos(Prev: #5) - Very quietly, the Broncos have been on a 6 game winning streak while also wrapping up the AFC West in week 15 with a victory over the Chargers. They lost Zach Bowman for the rest of the season and Eddie Royal will only return if the team makes it to the AFC Championship so it will be interesting to see how this team adjusts with 2 major pieces missing. It has been said the Broncos will rest their starters their final 2 games to avoid injury so they should be fresh and ready to go for the playoffs, but will the long layoff hurt them?

5) Dallas Cowboys(Prev: #6) - Leaders of the NFC East and winners of 5 in a row, the Cowboys land at #5. Coming off 2 impressive road wins against a stingy Seahawks defense and the explosive Packers, the Cowboys control their own destiny. Win out and they win the NFC East and have a shot at the #2 seed in the NFC(depending on Madden tiebreakers).

6) Tampa Bay Bucs(Prev: #9) - A team getting hot at the right time, the Bucs land at #6 winning 5 in a row. With impressive wins at Carolina and the formerly unstoppable Indy the Bucs appear to be hitting their stride and currently lead the NFC South. Along with the Cowboys, the Bucs also have a shot at the #2 seed in the NFC if they win out(see above).

7) New England Patriots(Prev: #4) - How the mighty have fallen, after hovering around the top 3 in the power rankings all season the Patriots have fallen to the middle of the pack after losing 3 of their last 4 including 2 to their rival Jets. It appears injuries have taken it's toll on this team with as they just have not been able to regroup since the injury bug hit them weeks ago. The Pats still have time to right the ship before the playoffs but with the dangerous Titans and Redskins coming to town, it will not be easy.

8) Tennessee Titans(Prev: UR) - Our first new entry this week, the Titans come in riding a 3 game winning streak including wins over the Chargers and Texans. After just missing the playoffs last season, the Titans control their own destiny and simply put, are in if they win out. With a road game at the slumping Patriots and the well coached Falcons coming to town in week 17, it's time for the Titans to show they belong in the postseason.

9) Minnesota Vikings(Prev: UR) - Winners of 2 in a row and current NFC North leaders, the Vikings come in at #9. Tied with the Bears and with a huge matchup in week 16 at Soldier Field the Vikings can essentially clinch the division with a win in week 16. If they lose, they open up all sorts of scenarios and who knows what will happen. Best advice, take care of business in week 16 and you have nothing to worry about.

10) Washington Redskins(Prev: UR) - Rounding out this week's top 10 come the Washington Redskins winning 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5. In a dogfight with many other teams in the NFC for a playoff spot the Redskins may have the toughest road of them all with games against the Jets and ad the Patriots in week 16 and 17. If the Redskins want to show they belong in the playoffs, their is no better time to do so.

Alright fellas, with much to be decided there is your week 16 power rankings. Congrats to those that have clinched playoff berths and good luck to those still fighting to secure their place in the postseason!

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good writeup Curtis.

3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

spot on as always curtis, nice job!

4. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Good read Curtis! Just wanted to say that even though I'm not n the playoff hunt, next year is my year! And by the way, the Colts did lose to my Raiders last year. So its their 2nd loss in 32 games. I gotta be happy about something, y not that! Lol!

5. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Pats are limping into the playoffs take them off this list soon please. We suck. After throwing almost no INTs all season in four weeks we put up almost 30 INTs. We're done. Worse yet the Patriots wake up every morning to YIM laughter after another major injury loss: Randy Moss.

Rex "Curtis" Ryan needs to be taken out back and shown the fishes.

6. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Thanks guys

You're right, my fault i missed that

Why such hatred? :confused:

7. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Why?!?!? I can't even explain my disdain for the Jets.