Season 2 Proposal's

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Season 2 Proposal's

Wondering what you all think about the advances. To short? Im thinking about spreading them out when we hit season 2.

My proposal -

#1 - Advance every Monday and Thursday @ 10PM EST. This gives players more time to get in games. Most of us are in more than 1 league, and have a family and job. I think spreading them out this way will keep this league from being less of a burden or a "job".

#2 - What would you all think about starting on a clean slate? During season 1, we have already had to tweak the penalties and sliders. Some of the previous settings cost people games which in turn will cost them the season, recruits, and bowl bids. I only propose this because someone in this league has proposed it to me. I really don't mind either way, I enjoy playing this game with whatever team, challenges and changes are proposed.

#3 - Program advancements. When this league was started as "Players Inc", the mind set was that every user could accept offers at the end off the season if they were proposed to them. When we got here to TF, it was changed to Bowl Busters to show a bit of uniqueness compared to the other leagues. I feel as if, even as unique as it is, it can take the fun and thrill away from one's season. Some players like to build cupcakes into powerhouse programs, and others like to play from more of a coaching aspect and advance from a cupcake program to a mid level program with dreams of eventually coaching the 6* powerhouse of their dreams. This idea is still up in the air, but if we choose to go forward with it, proposal 2 would come into play. Everyone would start fresh with a 1* Dynasty from a non BCS conference and have to work their way up to the top.

Well, those are the proposals on my mind. Think about them and get back to me so I can get everyone's opinion on them.

2. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

i like how everything is where it is at right now.

3. ChiDefenda

ChiDefenda Guest

I do agree with spreading the advance days further apart. I agree with the Monday and Thursday idea.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Advancement is fine no matter when it is for me. I work every other weekend only, however I am on call for work so if I get called in which is rarely, usually get 2-3 days notice minimum, I can express my concerns about my time frame.

If you say clean slate, meaning picking new teams and such, it doesn't matter to me. I am content with WKU. Yes, I complained about the sliders. The 55 yard FG should not have happened. I didn't lose that game or any others because of sliders. WKU has no defense, only a decent rb on offense, and when my starting QB went out with injury, my backup came in. He makes reads like a blind man, and throws badly. Last game he overthrew 2 receivers badly that were picked off and let MTSU back in game.

Program advancemnets can only work if you have some type or legit/real system in play. I would probably ride it out with WKU though, that would be my goal in that case.

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

If we went with fewer advances then that would open up user v user games. As it is they are hard to get scheduled and played in 48 hrs. I'm sticking with Tulane no matter what and it really doesn't matter to me if people change teams.
    I think we need to just choose some sliders and stick with them. Not everyone is gonna like what they are set on and wont be pleased but i prefer that to changing every week.

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

The Idea on advancement is most part because of the user vs user games we will be playing in season 2. Even just vs the cpu, 48hrs can seem like a hassle if something comes up with work, family, ect.

The sliders we have now are the base sliders we will be sticking with. If a major problem occurs in a specific area we will address, but there will be no major changes.

As for clean slate.... as long as you guys are all ok with what we have now, we are going to stick with it. Another reason for the clean slate is because we have had so many flaky owners to this point in the season, this have gotten a little out of hand. One thing I can tell you is the guys in the league right now will be the only ones with an opportunity to finish the season. I am no longer taking anymore players off the street.... only players eligible to join at this point in the season is a user with a good TF track record from other leagues.

Thanks for your guy's feedback. If all is good, I am going to put the new advancement dates in play starting tonight. We will advance @ 10PM EST and you will have until Monday @ 10PM EST to finish.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I like it if all cpu weeks were 48-72 hours. All user weeks were 72-96 hours.

I retired from an online dynasty because, even though I followed what the comissioner wanted for how we should contact each other, he autopiloted me for week 1. Week one had a lot of user games. He wanted advancement every 24 hours or so. First week it had been 3 days and no advancement. However, my game was the one holding it up. My user opponent did not log into dynasty for 2 days did not respond to my friend request for 2 days. I ended up losing the game which was fine by me. I was a heavy underdog based on team ratings. I didn't like the fact that I was autopiloted because the one time I could not play because I was called into work caused me to get autopiloted.

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I think the schedule we have now will not only give users a great deal of time to play, but it will give users time to write some summaries, write-ups, and recruiting and scouting reports.