Season 2 Recruiting Boards/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by makinpropel, Aug 9, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

We can all just edit this spreadsheet with everyone that signs. This will be a lot easier for Abom to follow, and it just looks cleaner. Feel free to add any other category you want, I will probably add SPARQ rating to mine.

Also Abominatrix , you could edit all these to show how many scholarships they have this season, or you could make another table and I can.

We can also now use this thread to talk about the different recruiting battles, and different recruits signed. This way Alfa can brag about how much better his team would be in basketball than you because they are all like 6'7".

Please use this, it took a while to make, and it will just look better.

To edit this click on this link:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...bt3p-dHpMNmpOaU5TMEUzVDZVRFpQSGhqanc&hl=en_US

It should automatically update in a few minutes once you edit it.

2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Colorado gets their first commit of the 2012 season.
    [​IMG]

He is fast and quick, and fills a brutal need in the secondary. Hopefully I can get at least 1 more CB to help get some sort of depth at this position.

4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Also, West Virginia is cock blocking the crap out of me when I'm trying to go up and get the good guys. He is literally in the top 10 of almost every player I was looking at today that was above a 3 star. If he plays his cards right, he will be miles ahead of us in terms of talent in the next few years.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I have 13 seniors + 1 (69) + 2 = 16

Illinois got one committ:
    :4stars:OT Mario Jackson: 6'6" 300 | Lisle, IL | B- run block.

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Colorado picks up two new :3stars:defensive players. OLB William Larson, and DE Jeremy Bell. Colorado really looking for defense and line play this year, as we way over recruited skill positions last year.

7. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Picked up another :3stars:recruit, this time a tackle from Oklahoma.

Colorado is just filling needs right now. Going big for offensive and defensive lines, as well as secondary.

8. steven.foster

steven.foster Walk On

Just updated mine on the spreadsheet! With 2 weeks of missed recruiting not bad.

• Like Like x 1
  9. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Ms. State is finally getting some commits. Got the two :4stars:Cb's that I went after and a :3stars:punter with A- kick power. Also landed a :3stars:DE and have some soft commits. I was wondering if I was gonna have to play myself next year just to have a full roster.

Also I'm pretty sure I have 19 open recruiting spots. I'll double check that tonight but I'm only going after 14 people right now so I think I'm good.

10. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Virginia MLB Spencer Richardson had to make a decision between the 'Eers and the Cavs, and he chose correctly! Anyone else have stories of close user recruiting battles?

I know MSU beat me out for a solid DT from Maryland, and I nabbed a Virginia QB from Kentucky's clutches. Virginia, MSU, and Illinois are all patiently waiting for MD ATH Larry Sapp's decision...hopefully he follows his heart (Soft - UVA) and stays home with his family!

11. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Twist and I are going after a few of the same players. At least 1, if not 2 CBs, and I think a Tackle. He is who I am going with mostly. West Virginia as well.
    But I am behind in the recruiting battle, mostly staying to myself in Colorado, and the Texas 3 stars that Baylor doesn't want. Lol[/quote]

12. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Got a couple of good D Line commits. A :4stars:DE espn top 150 guy and a :4stars:DT. The DT is a 6' 6" 288 pass rusher. Go big or go home right Alpha?:D

13. derek

derek Walk On

West Virginia was slipping a little on the recruiting front. I had several 4*s drop me off the top of their list recently not to mention a 5* WR who had me on the top of his list forever. However, I was able to bring them all in for a visit and spend time with each of the them. I snagged 2 4* DEs and took back my 5* WR who had just given Georgia a soft verbal. That goes to show you a soft verbal is not solid.
    I still have a small class but a quality one to fill needs. Ill fish around a little to see if there is anyone else I can lure to Morgantown but my hope is that next season I have more interest from 5* recruits. Especially a QB. Still have a long way to go but a National Championship would help out in recruiting. Or at least another BCS bowl.

14. derek

derek Walk On

Lol. I needed that MLB too. I'm trying to settle for an OLB for now.
    I'm surprised we don't play being from the same state, but then again I haven't played VT either.

15. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

[​IMG]

:confused:?

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I haven't signed quantity but I am signing quality for sure. #1 QB and #3 athlete, both :5stars:. Hey abom, maybe derek thought his team was called Western Virginia haha

17. derek

derek Walk On

Lol. What was I thinking.

18. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Heh, it's cool, just stay outside the red lines when you recruit! /shakefist

19. derek

derek Walk On

Suuure. ;)

20. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

21. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Thanks. Fortunately, I won a lot of close recruiting battles, and found some diamonds in the rough. These players are all in different positions, too, so they'll probably be the headline class of my program as the talent level goes up. Looking to play a lot of these freshmen as trues, and some will likely start. Unfortunately, I'm right up against my cap of 17 :p. Looking to add an elite lineman, either side of the ball, to round out the class.

No love for WVU or Mississippi State? They've got talented classes coming in, as well. Of course, this is going off of the in-game recruiting rankings. Based on our board, WVU doesn't have anyone :eek:

22. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I have 6 :4stars:I am proud of. Big CBs rock!

23. derek

derek Walk On

I just haven't figured out how you guys copy/paste the players and stars

24. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

I don't think there's an easy way to do it, I just update it by recruit as I sign them, with a dynasty.easports.com tab open at the same time. If there's an easier way to do it, I'd love to know :O

25. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I don't know how you got that CB Washington. I was ahead of you, had a big win over a rival school, had an A visit, and you beat Indiana. I really needed that CB