Season 2 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Aug 31, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Season 2 Recruiting Discussion

:4stars: Paul Cooke G #6 OVR #37
    6'6 304 - IL
    + A+ Acceleration; A- Strength; B Pass Block, PB Footwork, PB Strength, Injury
    - C- Stamina, RB Footwork
    Comment: Stud, this guy is going to be a beast. He had the highest bench press of all prospects and he can move for a 300 pounder. He also has a C+ awareness and C+ speed. It isn't a stretch for this guy to start as a true freshman and at worst he will be the primary reserve. The Illinois prospect also considered Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State, USC and Florida State but decided to sign immediately once offered by Buckeyes.

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Texas signs :5stars: #4 HB #12 OVERALL J.R. Davis

B+ Speed
    B Break Tackle
    B+ Elusiveness

3. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

OU has 3 commits so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

and just so everyone knows, I switched to Cal and I went to their recruiting board, and it was all fucked up and they had garbage all over it.

I had to clean the whole thing off and start from scratch, so this whole "the cpu will recruit logically" crap is just that...crap.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Twist, how do you get full pictures of the recruit pics? Maybe it is my computer resolution or screen size but I can never get the whole player card in the picture when I do a screen cap.

6. vBIG SLICKv

Following a National Championship Title Texas is doing much better on the recruiting trail.

Through the first 6 weeks Texas has signed 6 recruits.
    4 are in the ESPN U top 150.

:5stars: #8 Ovr #2 Ath Daniel Waters
    :5stars: #12 Ovr #4 HB J.R. Davis
    :4stars: #66 Ovr #2 C Erik Watts
    :4stars: #83 Ovr #4 T Ryan Allen
    :3stars: #387 Ovr #14 C Ty Clarke
    :3stars: #1014 Ovr #1 FB Jordan Jones

Texas also has soft commits from 4 more ESPN U 150 recruits, 3 :5stars:, 1 :4stars:

:5stars: #5 Ovr #1 TE Chad Bailey
    :5stars: #16 Ovr #1 SS Cedric Heinz
    :5stars: #20 Ovr #1 G Jacob Richardson
    :4stars: #58 Ovr #3 MLB Nick Gibson

7. vBIG SLICKv

Texas has 2 more ESPN U 150 recruits sign this week bringing the total to 6 ESPN U 150 recruits signed

:5stars: #16 Ovr #1 SS Cedric Heinz
    :4stars: #58 Ovr #3 MLB Nick Gibson

:5stars: #8 Ovr #2 Ath Daniel Waters
    :5stars: #12 Ovr #4 HB J.R. Davis
    :4stars: #66 Ovr #2 C Erik Watts
    :4stars: #83 Ovr #4 T Ryan Allen
    :3stars: #387 Ovr #14 C Ty Clarke
    :3stars: #1014 Ovr #1 FB Jordan Jones

Texas still has soft commits from 2 more ESPN U 150 recruits, 3 :5stars:

:5stars: #5 Ovr #1 TE Chad Bailey
    :5stars: #20 Ovr #1 G Jacob Richardson

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Buckeyes recruits so far
    7 commitments: 3 :5stars: and 4 :4stars:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Stars Name Pos. Rank Height Weight State Coach's Comments
    :5stars: Larry Ham T #1 6'7 270 MN Good burst off line (A-) and good strength (B), needs to improve pass block
    :5stars: Robbie Skinner T #2 6'4 282 OH Great burst off line (A+) and a better overall blocker than Ham
    :5stars: Brady Hill DT #1 6'5 252 OH A little undersized but has strength (B) to make up for it
    :4stars: Demario Breedlove (JUCO) WR #4 6'1 174 MI Makes some highlight grabs (A-), gets off the line quickly (B+) and can jump (B+)
    :4stars: Paul Cooke G #6 6'6 304 IL He is a beast in terms of strength (A-) and gets off the line like a rocket (A+)
    :4stars: Brandon Robbins DT #5 6'2 264 NC Another undersized DT but has solid strength (B) and makes all the tackles (B+)
    :4stars: Michael Stone OLB #2 6'2 222 TX Good tackler (B) and great play recognition (B) for a high school kid

9. Twister18

I use photoshop and crop it.

10. Twister18

The OU Sooners announced the signing of 4 key players to bolster their defense and running game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Buckeyes recruits so far
    7 commitments: 3 :5stars: and 6 :4stars:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Stars Name Pos. Rank Height Weight State Coach's Comments
    :5stars: Larry Ham T #1 6'7 270 MN Good burst off line (A-) and good strength (B), needs to improve pass block
    :5stars: Robbie Skinner T #2 6'4 282 OH Great burst off line (A+) and a better overall blocker than Ham
    :5stars: Brady Hill DT #1 6'5 252 OH A little undersized but has strength (B) to make up for it
    :4stars: Demario Breedlove (JUCO) WR #4 6'1 174 MI Makes some highlight grabs (A-), gets off the line quickly (B+) and can jump (B+)
    :4stars: Paul Cooke G #6 6'6 304 IL He is a beast in terms of strength (A-) and gets off the line like a rocket (A+)
    :4stars: Marcus Butler G#7 6'3 291 OH Very well rounded with only a C- in stamina and agility, everything else C+ or better
    :4stars: Brandon Robbins DT #5 6'2 264 NC Another undersized DT but has solid strength (B) and makes all the tackles (B+)
    :4stars: Michael Stone OLB #2 6'2 222 TX Good tackler (B) and great play recognition (B) for a high school kid
    :4stars: Reggie Robinson WR #18 6'1 180 TX Needs a lot of improvement but does have A- speed

2 new additions this week with Butler being the big one. He was leaning Boise State but ended up staying home in Ohio after a last minute change. He is a very talented player with a C+ or better in all but 2 categories. Ham, Skinner, Cooke and Butler make up the Buckeyes o-line of the future. They should be a very productive group in a couple seasons.

12. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

What a difference a year makes...
    Last year, Minnesota (three star prestige) signed one 4 star recruit. This year, Minnesota has signed 4 4-star recruits and 3 3-star recruits through week 10. A quick summary of each player is provided below:

OLB - Mario Townes - 4 Star - 6'1" - 235 LBs - AL
    FS - David Jones - 4 Star - 6'3" - 171 LBs - MN
    WR - Reggie Bean - 4 Star - 5'11" - 173 LBs - VA
    DT - Kenyon Sims - 4 Star - 6'5" - 279 LBs - MS
    DE - Chris Harris - 3 Star - 6'4" - 240 LBs - CT
    DE - Joel Curry - 3 Star - 6'1" - 230 LBs - MN
    C - Pat Norton - 3 Star - 6'5" - 271 LBs - WI

The signing of MLB Townes has the Gophers excited about the future. Townes is a solid prospect with a nice combination of size (6'1"/235 LBs) and speed ("B+" speed / "A" acceleration). Despite Townes obvious talent, the Gophers hope that All-American candidate MLB Spencer Reeves returns so that the team can redshirt Townes.

Minnesota didn't have to go far to find FS Jones, who hails from a suburb of Minneapolis. Jones needs to work on his zone coverage ("D" rating) but the Gophers are very weak at this position for 2012 so Jones should start from day 1.

WR Bean reminds many of current senior WR Troy Stoudermire. Like Stoudermire, Bean is small (5'11"/179 LBs) but very fast ("A+" speed). Despite the depth of the Gophers at WR, expect Bean to compete for the 4th/5th WR spot as a true freshman.

DT Sims does nothing exceptional but has no glaring weaknesses. At 6'5", the Gophers would like him to add at least 30 LBs to his frame (currently at 279 LBs) but they are in no hurry to put him out on the field because they are fairly deep at the DT position through next year.

DE Harris should probably be a 4 star prospect. He has an excellent skill set ("B" speed / "B-" block shedding / finesse moves / acceleration / pursuit) and has the size to play on the edge (6'4" / 240 LBs). Depending on the progression of the returning DEs, it is conceivable that Harris could start next year.

Lastly, DE Curry and C Norton are solid prospects but will need to redshirt and improve in order to become assets for the Gophers.

13. Beazus Christ

Larry Ham is dick BTW. Bitch didn't even have me in his top 10.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

He could be worse, just think Seantrel Henderson. That dick claimed that he was considering Minnesota but we all know that was never really an option. Plus Henderson spurned the Big 10 twice. He traded the snow of Minnesota for the coke of Miami.

15. Beazus Christ

Since you put it like that, I suppose we never really had a chance...

16. BDSDIGITAL

So, I would have done it too.

I would love the china white.
    Just not the cold one
    Who needs to sleep anyway.

17. Twister18

The Sooners got 2 more commits for the season:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Makin noise! Makin noise! Here are Miami's commitments so far season 2
    (I thought I posted something already, but here goes)

HB(#1) :5stars:
    6'3 208lb Coconut Beach, FL
    Marcus Hill

B+ AGI
    B speed,accel,break tackle,stamina
    B- carry,elusiveness,spinmove,juke
    C+ truck,routerun
    C BC vision
    C- catch
    This guy has it all really. Size, speed, and skills. Look for him to get some touches his freshman year, and when the Deptch chart clears in front of him... watch out!

WR(#12) :4stars:
    6'2 187lb Norwalk, OH
    John White

Nothing too fancy here. Wont blind you with his speed, or hands, but once he gets ball in his hands he is dangerous.

WR(#34) :4stars:
    5'10 170lb Adamsville, AL
    Cameron Robinson
    Did you see that? No you didnt, because it was C-Rob and he is too fast. Possible redshirt candidate, but Miami may be hurting for WRs next year so you never know.

HB(#12) :4stars:
    5'11 202lb Haines City, FL
    Jeff Davenport

Just as good as, and could end up being better than, Hill. Perfect size and I like his name. Sounds like good enough reason to make him my starter lol. Might take a redshirt depending on his rating when he comes in.

SS(#14) :4stars:
    6'2 187lb Orlando, FL
    Jason Bowman
    Meh. His skills need work. Definite RS.

QB(#2) :5stars:
    6'2 228lb Belle Glade, FL
    David Williams

B+ Acceleration, Stamina, Injury
    B Speed, Agility, THP, Elusiveness
    B- Break Tackle, Carry
    C+ Awareness, THA
    I guess Williams heard the news that Mike Leach will be leaving Miami after this season to take a HC job, and Coach Max will be bringing in an option style playbook next season. This guy is going to follow up Highsmith and will probably be better than A.J. This guy has Beast written all over him.

DE(#14) :4stars:
    6'1 245lb Santa Ana, CA
    Jared Vogel
    I really like this one. He has good stats and speed. Going to seriously look at moving him to LB.

OLB(#7) :4stars:
    6'0 220lb Witchita Falls, TX
    Titus Callahan
    Balanced type player with an awesome Texas name.

WR(#6) :4stars:
    6'2 209lb Moutain Park, GA
    Willie Vaughn

Snatched this one from Minnesota and Im pumped about him. He should definitely see the field year 1.

OLB(#20) :3stars:
    6'3 213lb Kenner, LA
    Jason Davis

Sleeper at 3 stars... Remember the name!

WR(#10) :4stars:
    6'2 171lb Orlando, FL
    Willie Wright
    In-state JUCO phenom will try to bring his talents to MIA. We'll see.. We'll see..

OLB(#27) :3stars:
    6'5 224lb Coral Springs, FL
    Scott Jackson
    Another sleeeper 3 star.

No O-Line prospects yet. Hoping to get one or two in the offseason. I think Ill be set at the skill positions for a while though.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice class you got there Max. Looks like Mike Leach is leaving Miami to upgrade the Ohio State passing attack. :RS: Freshman Larry Walters may throw for 4500 yards as a starter next season :).

20. BDSDIGITAL

Here are Fresno recruits to date:

[​IMG]

Better than my Coast 2 Coast OSU class believe it or not.

21. vBIG SLICKv

Texas has had a solid year on the recruiting trail. Coach Slick is very happy with the class that has signed so far. After a down year in recruiting last year Texas only has 1 available scholarship to hand out.

Texas Breakdown:
    18 players signed
    6 :5stars: / 7 :4stars: / 5 :3stars:
    11 of 18 ESPN U 150 Players ( 6 of those 11 are in top 25)
    13 of 18 are in Top 10 of their Position

HOOK 'EM HORNS

Column 1
    Stars Name Ovr Rank Pos Rank Height Weight State Skills
    ESPNU 150 :5stars: Chad Bailey #5 TE #1 6'6 230 TX (B-) Speed / (B) Agility / (B-) Catching
    ESPNU 150 :5stars: Daniel Waters #8 ATH #2 6'2 219 AR (B) Hit Power / (C+) Zone Coverage / (C-) Man Coverage
    ESPNU 150 :5stars: J.R. Davis #12 HB #4 6'2 211 TX (B+) Speed / (B) Break Tackle / (B+) Elusiveness
    ESPNU 150 :5stars: Cedric Heinz #16 SS #1 6'0 192 TX (B-) Man Coverage / (A-) Zone Coverage / (B+) Hit Power
    ESPNU 150 :5stars: Jacob Richardson #20 G #1 6'3 314 TX (C+) Pass Block / (B) Run Block / (B-) Impact Blocking
    ESPNU 150 :5stars: Josh Holloway #21 CB #2 6'0 167 TX (B+) Man Coverage / (B+) Zone Coverage / (B+) Press
    ESPNU 150 :4stars: Nick Gibson #58 MLB #3 6'5 238 TX (C+) Tackle / (C+) Block Shedding / (C+) Pursuit
    ESPNU 150 :4stars: Erik Watts #66 C #2 6'0 287 NC (B-) Pass Block / (B-) Run Block / (B-) Impact Blocking
    ESPNU 150 :4stars: Ryan Allen #83 T #4 6'5 297 CA (B-) Pass Block / (C ) Run Block / (C ) Impact Blocking
    ESPNU 150 :4stars: Herb Hill #100 SS #8 6'3 213 TX (B) Tackle / (B) Man Coverage / (B-) Zone Coverage
    ESPNU 150 :4stars: Jermaine Williams #150 WR #15 6'5 206 TX (B) Route Running / (B+) Catch in Traffic / (B-) Spectacular Catch
    :4stars: Bryant Williams #171 DE #20 6'6 260 TX (B-) Tackle / (B-) Block Shedding / (B-) Pursuit
    :4stars: Victor Pressley #190 ATH #9 6'3 207 LA (B-) Play Recognition / (C+) Zone Coverage / (C+) Man Coverage
    :3stars: John Berry #335 ATH #19 6'3 196 OK (B+) Play Recognition / (B+) Zone Coverage / (B+) Man Coverage
    :3stars: Ty Clarke #387 C #14 6'3 294 TX (C ) Pass Block / (C ) Run Block / (C ) Impact Blocking
    :3stars: Stephen Petty #443 ATH #28 5'11 185 TX (B+) Speed / (B) Catch in Traffic / (C ) Route Running
    :3stars: Ron Keenan #673 P #4 6'3 208 LA (B) Kick Power / (C-) Kick Accuracy
    :3stars: Jordan Jones #1014 FB #1 6'1 268 TX (C ) Pass Block / (C ) Run Block / (C ) Impact Blocking

22. BDSDIGITAL

jesus....

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am 100% out of recruits space after signing a JUCO :4stars: HB. I probably should have dropped him from my board but I'm assuming I will lose a few players early. I am not swaying anyone back after this season.

And Texas making a push for recruiting restrictions next year :). Just kidding about restrictions, I landed Texas as a pipeline so I will just steal all UT's recruits next season :).

24. vBIG SLICKv

No recruit from Texas wants to go play in the cold of Ohio!!!!

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Apparently 4 guys proved you wrong, since I have 4 guys from that state beginning next year. :p

I think Kenny Guiton was only Tressel recruit. I landed 2 this year and 1 last year from the Lonestar state.