Season 2 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 14, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I don't want to clutter up the recruiting tracker thread, so I'm making this one. Post anything recruiting related here.

2. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I'm doing much shitter this year than last, no one wants to play for the defending BCS champs :(

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

All and all I don't really need anything. I can just let the computer recruit for me

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

That's no fun... Personally I like recruiting better than playing the actual game. Building up a team is the most fun for me. I consider myself a great recruiter but only slightly above average on the sticks.

5. The Natural

Seriously? Recruiting is just as fun as the games for me.

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Don't get me wrong fellas recruiting is indeed enjoyable but I have a young team, there really is no point in recruiting for me. That's just my view on things

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Worst. Coach. Ever.

• Like Like x 1
  8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

No talent is interested in me so I won't be going after anyone

9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan Wolverines- (Needs: G)

Michigan didn't have a stellar recruiting class that came in this past year, but they met all of their needs. This season, the only need Michigan needs is at Right Guard. Michigan is keying on Victor Pierre from California and Kevin Scott from Ohio committing before this season is over. Both are 4 star recruits and both have a lot of interest in the Wolverines. The coaching staff of Michigan however is looking at 3 different positions to gain some depth in, and possibly recruit some guys that could play right away.

QB-
    The QB position is obviously spoken for this season with Sr. Denard Robinson leading the way, but who takes over after him? Devin Gardner is the heir apparent, but he'll likely only be around for one season. The Wolverines have their eyes on two QB targets. Anthony Garcia, the number 1 rated QB in the nation, and he's from Michigan, so that will obviously give them an advantage in his recruiting. Michigan is currently neck and neck jostling with Ohio St. but the Wolverines are positive they will end up landing him if not during the season, in the off-season.

The other QB they're attacking right now is 4 star Eric Irby out of Ohio. They're confident that if attempts to land Anthony Garcia don't go as planned, they will be able to sign Eric and there is also a possibility that Eric could be signed regardless as the Michigan staff believes that Eric could end up being a better option at QB than Anthony. Safe bet though is to sign both. With a scrambling QB, you never know when someone is going to go down.

CB: A position that has hurt Michigan these past couple of seasons and hindered what defenses can be called is the corner back position. Michigan has some slow CB's that have trouble playing man and Michigan is hoping to erase that with this. The CB that Michigan has it's sights set on is CB Ryan Fisher, the #1 rated CB coming out of high school. He's 6'0 with great speed and solid coverage. Right now he's not looking like he will commit to Michigan, but the great thing about recruiting is, you never know what will happen until someone commits.

A more realistic option is 6'2 4 Star recruit, John Sulivan. He has good speed, and is just as good in coverage as Wilson is. Michigan is after him with full force and hoping to receive a commitment in the coming weeks. he will be visiting the campus during week 8.

Another option is Mike Wilson, a 4 star recruit out of Lousiana. Mike is a solid CB that Michigan is really seeking to add to their recruiting class and the staff has stated they'd be thrilled to get 2 out of 3 of these CB's, even if they missed out on Ryan Fisher. With Mike on one side, and John Sullivan on the other, they'd be a force. It has been mentioned that both could start away for the Wolverines.

WR: This position was thought to be filled last year, but with Roy Roundtree deciding to declare from the draft which was very unexpected after the season he had, Michigan just signed a few replacements in the off-season, and they haven't been working out like they had first thought. Matt Herron is one that has played right away, and while he's very fast, and having a decent season, he just drops too many passes for the Wolverines to be successful with him being a main target. If they land a few recruits, you could see Matt be moved to half back because while he can't catch very well, his carry is one of the highest on the team. Kyle Buchanan looks to be the strongest WR in this group, but chose to Red Shirt this season because of the depth at WR, and him not being completely ready to play right away at the collegiate level.

Ryan Ramierez is the first target, a 6'4 5 Star WR out of Pennsylvania. Ryan is a huge target that can make plays with his feet once he gets the ball. The Michigan looking to start younger QBs after next season, they're going to need playmakers. This guy, is a huge playmaker.

Brandon Smith, 5 star WR out of Minnesota. In the pre season, it seemed like Michigan was very high on this guy. Now it seems they believe they already have a few WR's that could turn out to have the same skill sets as he does. The season is still young so he'll have time to prove that Michigan needs him, but he has a lot he needs to do before he'll receive an offer from the Wolverines.

The rest of the recruiting class for Michigan could be sprinkled in with players from several different positions. Center, MLB, DE, etc. A lot of those positions seem to want to come play for position and while none of these positions mentioned, other than RG and LG, are a direct need, it's always nice to have players at the position just incase. It's football, a rough sport, you never know what can happen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Hey ass clown, I'm recruiting Irby so tough luck on him. Kid wants to be a Boilermaker...He told me.

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Good luck

12. The Natural

A defeatist attitude that will sure pave the way to a future BCS title.

13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Anything can happen

14. fuzzyl0gic

It's really easy to get good recruits with UVA, especially if you can gain some prestige.

15. fuzzyl0gic

This guy is all bark and no bite, I wouldn't worry too much.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea I will recruit when I gain some Prestige but right now? No thanks it's looking pretty bad lol

18. The Natural

There are still some 2star (juco) and 3star guys with good physical traits that you could recruit. Either way you aren't helping your team by letting the CPU recruit because it's terrible at it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Exactly, I'm still just trying to snag three stars while I build up the prestige. I'll have a good junior and senior class in a year or two and hopefully be able ot recruit some 4 stars consistently to be my stars.

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, letting the CPU recruit for you is gonna let you fall well behind the rest of us. Just go out and find those players that can make an impact. Right now I'm not recruiting hardly anyone that I expect to make an immediate impact, but these guys are starters down the road. This is football 101, you gotta build the program.

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm recruiting now. I'm in dire need of a brand new secondary and have some solid Safeties and Corners on my list we will see the outcome

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Ohhh right- you are that guy that changes his mind on the flip of a dime.

haha, good to see we got to you though!

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Haha not easy to change that habit I had people on the board I chose I just did quick recruits. Hit A and press X

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I always quick recruit unless I'm competing for the recruit and its really close.

25. The Natural

Dude changes his mind and emotions faster than a bipolar chick on her period.
    Yep. I got a 3* WR last season 6'6 88 spd, he sucks now but he is going to be a beast come his redshirt junior year. 5* and some 4* guys are usually ready to play right away while 3* guys you have to plan for them to develop and play later.