Season 2 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Season 2 Recruiting Discussion

This will be the thread to post general recruiting stuff. Talk about battles with other users and some general banter, stuff like that.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I know for sure that you got two that were on my board. One was the fast WR who visited us both (you had a rivalry game, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr) and the other was the 5* bonus tackle. Good job on those guys! Now that I have lost battles for those two and some shitty running back that can throw :)D), I pretty much have my final list set and can really focus on those guys. I am glad I didn't put too much time into the two you signed this week as I figured I would wait until after your visits to see.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I can't wait to unleash that throwing RB upon the world!

After signing Charles last week, I dumped all of his minutes into the #1 guy in the country. It worked like a charm too as I got him to a full interest bar after last week. Unfortunately, even though my interest bar is full, I'm still behind LSU and Nebraska! GRRRRRRR!!! The 1 bright spot is that he's already visited LSU and he visits me and Nebraska this week. Hopefully because he's visiting me later, I can leapfrog LSU. Neither Nebraska nor Michigan have rivalry games this week, so who knows how it'll turn out after this week, but I'd expect him to sign with 1 of the 3 of us soon.

I don't like my chances though. Last year, I had a few guys up to a full bar but was still behind ND. No matter how much time I spent on them, whether it was all for me, all against ND or both, I could never, ever find a way to pass them. Hopefully that won't happen again this year, but I'm not very optimistic.

4. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Yeah, it should be interesting. LSU had the early visit so we have a chance to pass him up this week. I can't believe he is visiting us on the same weekend! But, I am really not in good position since my prestige levels are not high enough yet. Especially on the categories he is most interested.

5. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I just noticed, Notre Dame had an incredible week 4 of commits and movement up boards of players that didn't commit. I got passed on two guys. Dang. I only have 5 home games and my first rivalry home game isn't until week 10! Too much to overcome.

6. jello1717

As everyone already knows, recruiting as ND is almost like cheating. Just ask Dat. He'll tell you the same thing. :biggun::elephant::thingnana:

I'm pretty sure that ND has 11 home rivalry games this year. You just can't compete against that.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Not so fast! Oklahoma is still after the #1 guy as well...I may be in 4th right now but I'm moving up FAST! He knows how much I need him and let's just say we have "an agreement". I'll leave it at that...

As for Notre Dame's big Week 4, just wait until after we finish up with Week 6 (OU-Texas)...All the big dogs are coming to that game with me...Expect lots of convinced recruits to side with the Sooners.

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Go Texas! Wait, go video game Texas!

Oh, and sorry to say Mr. JHeb, but the MLB won't be around by week 6! I expect him to come off the board after this week. You might look around in Canada for plan B at the MLB position.

9. jello1717

That brings up a question for me. The Red River game is neutral site right? Can you bring recruits to neutral site games every year, or only when you're the "home" team?

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Well done.

I'm logging in now. Like I said in another thread, I had 15+ visits this week. I'll post in my recruiting thread in a minute.

11. jello1717

I had some really, really important visits this week for my game against the non-rival Illini. Unfortunately, the game didn't go as scripted, so I'm kind of anxious to see how my recruiting looks next week.

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Wish I had something interesting to say about recruiting... :(

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It's tough coming in a few weeks into the season man. A lot of ground can be gained (or lost) in those first few weeks. Get what you can get this year and next year should be a lot better!

And JHeb -- good thing I cranked the AI all the way up this week! :p;):D

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

My recruiting is going lousy overall.

Its amazing to me how much ground people made up on a few players I have been recruting since day 1..I have very few players on my board cause I have very few spots to fill. Spent a ton of time and still got caught..

That said we landed a huge need in a nice TE and have the line on some OLBs and hope to land what I consider the best DB in this class.

15. jello1717

Note to self.....

See which DBs have offers from LSU and take a closer look at them.

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

Penn St. is loaded with WR's and CB's and DT (maybe not in talent but in shear numbers). Sometimes the computer just falls in love with a position.

Coming in late I will scramble to make up ground to fill the 12 spots available to Penn St.

I looked at the recruiting rules and was excited to dig in. One thing you see right away is there is a fierce battle for the 1,2,3 and 10,20,30 etc players. I was lucky enough to find a couple of bonus recruits on my board left over from the CPU. Had to remove the rest. There is a buch of disappointed kids who thought they would end up at Penn St..

Maybe I can steal one away from you guys. Next year you'll have to watch Penn St. they have strong enough pitches to compete for top talent.

Quick question.....How are the off-season recruits handled if they land in one of the pre-determined spots I assume they are bonus guys. The guys that get bumped from 10,20,30 are still ok?

17. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Except for jumping on my :5stars: Ath, you butthole! Navy never quits though so expect a battle my friend!

18. jello1717

Then stay the hell away from the 6'5, A speed WR I'm going after!!!
    All of the inseason bonus guys will remain bonus guys, even though their ranking will change during the offseason. That's why we keep a list of them in the scouting forum.

For the offseason guys, there will be new bonus recruits. Here is the thread about season 1's bonus recruits. The 1st post by Dat lays out the rules. Last year, their rankings came in a little unexpected and caused some confusion, but I expect it to go more smoothly this year. In short, don't assume anyone's going to be a bonus guy until you get the final list from Dat. :D

19. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

This is one of the updates I need to make to the rules thread (hoping to have time early next week as I'm headed out of town this morning).

Regarding the offseason, we don't use the "pitches", we don't allow any cuts.

The current list of bonus players stays the same (even though their rankings move in the offseason). I'm guessing you've seen the list in the scouting reports section (still don't know why we have all our recruiting info under the "scouting reports" section). So the list will be there for reference through the offseason.

With the newly-introduced offseason players, we tabbed #1, #30, #100, #200, & #250 as additional bonus guys. #1 seems to always work out, but beyond that it's a crapshoot if the new guys will be #30, 31 or 36, 38, etc. So we just say that starting with 1, 30, 100, 200, & 250 it's the highest ranked new recruit. I will make sure we get the right guy and I'll post their names right away when we move to the offseason.

20. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Oh, and JFosh. Don't fret too much over recruting this year. You're starting off behind on the bonus guys, but you'll hit your 1-7 limits for sure. Plus, Penn State (CPU controlled) had a monster class last year.

2010 FINAL RECRUITING CLASS RANKINGS

Team :5stars: :4stars: :3stars: :2stars: :1stars:
    1. Georgia 7 12 6
    2. Penn State 4 15 5 1
    3. USC 6 8 11
    4. Alabama 2 10 13
    5. LSU 2 10 13
    6. Texas 1 10 14
    7. Florida 3 10 5
    8. Auburn 0 14 8 2
    9. Tennessee 0 12 10 3
    10. Michigan 2 11 5
    11. Oklahoma St 0 8 13 2
    12. Texas A&M 1 4 13 7
    13. Oklahoma 2 7 3 0 1
    14. Arizona St 0 5 12 5 3
    15. Miami 1 6 9
    16. Ohio State 1 8 5
    17. Notre Dame 2 7 3
    18. Cal 1 5 7 6 2
    19. Colorado 0 3 16 4 0
    20. Nebraska 1 8 5 1
    22. Wisconsin 0 10 3
    27. Georgia Tech 0 3 9 9 1
    50. Army 1 0 6 5 2
    *54. Florida St 1 1 6

Bold = User controlled all season
    Italics = User controlled partial season
    *Probation

21. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

3 weeks ago I didn't think I had a shot at Spence (the WR). I was hopeful on T Williams (T). Signing those 2 and Devin Archie (QB) all in one week felt pretty good. Signed more bonus guys this week (3) than I did all last year (1).

Spence being 6'3" and having "A" speed is awesome, but his hands are kinda garbage. I'll need someone to stretch the field though when Tate and Floyd are gone, so I'm very excited to get him.

22. BRUCE80

Stay away from my players... How can Nebraska be in the running with me for the #1 overall MLB?? He visited when we beat them, was he not entertained?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvAbGbFYAuk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvAbGbFYAuk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

23. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I'm not sure your recruiting pitch was all that strong Coach Bruce. He wasn't quite sure what to make of what you were saying...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aWmjKwse9w4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aWmjKwse9w4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

24. jello1717

I noticed that you didn't also ask the question "How can Michigan be in the running with me for the #1 overall MLB?"

I agree with you that that is about as rhetorical as a question can get.

25. BRUCE80

You two werent even that close until we adv last week...Hookers and coke I get it. Cheaters never prosper.