Season 2 Recruiting Talk

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Colemanchu, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Season 2 Recruiting Talk

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! West Virginia signs my f'in bonus recruit halfback in week f'in 1.
    Put them on my schedule next year please.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Since we're talking recruits, it appears as if some school from south Florida is chasing some recruits that I want.

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

So while I was worried about Florida possibly wanting Devin Archie (#1 QB), it turns out that somehow Ohio State jumped into his #1 slot after week 1. I don't know how that happened since I was ahead of OSU and poured a ton of time and an offer into him in week 1. AND I'M ND!!!! AG, did he have the pink diamond / purple horseshoe thing for you? I've never seen those, but I hear they exist.

This raises a question I've had for a while. Can you do any better with a recruit in one week than just filling up the interest meter? Once that bar gets full, are you just wasting time by continuing to talk to a guy?

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Oh, and the Florida schools jumped all over the regular 5* guys I planned to go after. There's still one out there I'd really like to get though, so like Jello said "STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM (HIM)".

5. jello1717

Yeah. Florida prefers the 2 QBs on my target list (Archie is, obviously not one of them) instead.

6. jello1717

Maybe aOSU poured a tonner of time and an offer into him.

The pink diamond doesn't work that way. It shows up for someone that doesn't have you in his top 10 (aOSU was already in his top 10) that would put you in their top 10 if you put them in there target list.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think the only quarterback I'm after is a three star. I'm pretty well stacked the next two years for my new pass first offense. Really the only guy I was going to go hard after was the running back, but I'll have to find a plan B it looks like.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I honestly didn't expect to be very high on Archie's list after week one. I put some time into him, and found his (most) pitch, but I didn't make him my main focus or anything. I expected to be fourth or fifth after week one, to maybe give it a few weeks, and then drop.

However, it doesn't surprise me that Dat and I are the only ones chasing him. Most guys seem to want a QB with wheels. Archie has none. But that arm ... man, he looks like he could really be a stud in a couple years. And Pryor maybe leaving, and Bauserman being a senior next year, this would be a perfect year for me to bring in the next great arm. At the very least, I plan to make Dat spend all his time beating me out for him.

And what's with you offering all my stinkin' kickers? I offer a three star kid from Kentucky in week 1, and bam, he gets an offer from ND. What gives?

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I want that guy Archie but he doesnt want to play for me. I got a 3 star on the watch list right now though. Oh and whoever is trying to sneak up on me for that 3 star tight end can give up now. Hes in my top 3 for a reason.

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I was thinking the same thing. Didn't you sign a kicker and a punter last year? How many do you need?

I got the guy last year that you had offered, but only after you inked one of the best k/p's on the board. That guy was a gem of a 3*. What did his power/accuracy ratings end up being?

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Guilty. He looks awesome.

Just my luck that I'm at the top of the list for the #2 TE (maybe #1, I can't recall) and he's a slow midget. I desperately need a 5* TE next year.

Actually I think he's #2. #1 was a great looking TE I put an hour into and then LSU insta-signed him.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I got lucky late last year. I got a 3 star 75 with 80 SPD, which is about all I could ask for. A redshirt year and one as a backup, and he'll be ready.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I got opne guy with a powerful leg, and one guy with an accurate one. I'm going to platoon them. The accurate guy will kick from the hashes, and the leg will kick from the middle of the field. They both ended up as 75's.

I think I'm going to keep 2 kickers and 2 punters. It will help me manage my roster if I don't have quite so many position guys to worry about.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I read that walk on kickers come in very high. I'm not sure though.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The QB that is number one on my entire recruiting board WILL be mine... mark my words. As with every other recruit on my board. You guys are just wasting your time. ;)

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Can I just say one more time how much I love these recruiting rules? What's that? I can? Okay, cool...

Here goes:

*clears throat*

Guys, I love the recruiting in this league...I love it! And I love this league...Love it!

17. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

BTW, I'm having a really hard time deciding on which 5* to go after...Once the stud RB committed to WVU after Wk1, I've kind of lost my direction.

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Haha, the odds of me getting another 5 star is slim...:)

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    How is Michigan not offering Mark Charles?

He is beast.

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

He is trying to sneak up on everyone in a bright yellow suit. We all see him but he doesnt see us seeing him, expect an offer the week of the visit.

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I will guarantee that you would not have jumped Miami for that kid. GUARANTEE!

22. jello1717

(y)

Oh and this is to Basis.

I'm not sure how many schollies you have to fill, but I only have 12. Also, Charles is worth 3 or 4 guys to me. So that means that if you really are going to sign him, you will have to dump a disgusting amount of time into him to beat me for him.

And for Cole. That's a bright maize suit thank you very much!

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No problemo.

(y)

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You where a corn suit?
    [​IMG]

25. jello1717

Charles is also funny. At the beginning of the year, we were talking about how everyone would be going after QB #1 Archie. Well, it looks like it'll only be aOSU and ND. But for Charles, there Michigan, Miami and Florida (who looks like he jumped Miami this week) and I thought I saw LSU on there too.