Season 2 Recruiting Thread 2011-2012

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Aug 16, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Season 2 Recruiting Thread 2011-2012

This recruiting class is sick..... too bad we wont get the studs available at the top of the class, but some of the :4stars: and :3stars: guys are solid and could come in and start.....

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah, this class is leaps and bounds better than last years. Which is awesome since I have 23 schollies available this year.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm looking to have a serious class this year. I've got some beastly guys highly interested this year.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

It looks like EA decided to do their best to fix progression by simply amping up the recruits.

Unless Im mistaken Im seeing 3 stars that are going to be in the 75-80 range, and 4 stars in the 78-82 range, and shit some Jason Parker level 5 stars.

Im not sure how good these people are going to be but the talent level has certainly gone up.

I had 34 guys on my board last night and I only have 15 scholarships available.

5. JrRawlins

yeah the recruiting class this year is serious......i am tryin to pair down my board, because i wont have enough time to really pursue the recruits if i am spread to thin...

6. OMlawdog

The only good thing about this is that CPU should get most of these recruits. Which means that the CPU talent level should stay high.

Now, Im assuming everyone has agreed that whatever happens you must recruit against Gators if you have extra time by midseason.

We all agree on that right?

7. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Last game I did that to JR. This season, it may be Lawdog. Ha

9. GoGators

Lawdog, I'd say you better stay focused on your own backyard before worrying about what's going on in Missouri. Didn't an inferior Mississippi St team take your overrated Ole Miss team to the cleaners on their way to an SEC championship???

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Hey, you keep my bulldogs out of your war with lawdog. We are just hanging out in starkeville minding our own business.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    :)

I got lucky in week 1. This is going to be a tough class for me. I lost program stability as one of my few decent pitches... The road gets rougher.

12. OMlawdog

Well its official that this recruiting class is just sick. I think my favorite player is a 3 star CB.

The biggest change in this year and the previous year is the large number of instant commits that the CPU gets in week 1. Its dangerous to even consider going a full hour on a recruit if you aren't number 1.

It seems there will be more recruiting battles this year, and I really need a DE and a WR. I would love a QB but there isn't one close to being interested in me.

I also need at least 3 OL and 3 DBs. Only having 15 scholarships is going to hurt.

Im hoping my class will breakdown as follows:

QB: 1
    HB: 1
    TE: 1
    WR: 2
    OL: 3
    DE: 2
    DT: 0
    OLB: 1
    MLB: 0
    CB: 2
    FS: 1
    SS: 1

May move some stuff around, but for now that is what I like to see happen.

13. theSANDMAN215

I saw your school on a couple recruits, I just moved along to the next one, ha.

I think I am actually recruiting against you for one guy. There is a DB (I think), that I am going to recruit hard to get. I'm not sure if you are after the same one or not.

14. theSANDMAN215

Lawdog - I am saved, you are not going after the guy I want, or at least you are not on his top list.

15. OMlawdog

If its Kendall Woods a CB out of FL, I think we both may be playing for 2nd. Clemson has a huge lead on both of us, and im sure FL is a pipeline state for Clemson.

Should be interesting.

16. OMlawdog

By the way, James Jackson the RB out of Alabama may be the best RB recruit I have seen in all three NCAA football games.

Im looking forward to playing against him every year at Bama.

17. theSANDMAN215

yea i'm not recruiting him hard.

Florida is a pipeline for me too, but I'm going after another DB I have a better chance of getting.

18. OMlawdog

There are so many good players available its almost not worth going after a guy that you are going to be in a dogfight in.

The difference in this year's game is that the CPU puts up a big damn fight.

19. Dru50

I wish these awesome recruits you guys are seeing were interested in Miss St. I'm pretty happy that there are a few 4 stars I may actually have a shot at this year, but the 3 star guys that have me in their top 3 don't look markedly better than the ones last year.

So did we decide if we are all negatively recruiting Mizzou or Ole Miss?;)

20. OMlawdog

I have been putting in every type of game genie code I have, Im talking old school stuff like

a,b,b,a from Ikari Warriors

Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A from Contra

All just to keep my board from instant committing to their number 1 school.

Drifter will you let me know when you are advancing so that I can be in the recruiting area, and holding down LT and RT with players that I want to get in their top 10. At this point I would try anything.

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Wake Forest brings in the highest rated recruit in Coach Drifter's tenure in :4stars: HB Dustin Peterson. Peterson is the 26th best back in the nation and will fill a big need for Wake Forest next year.

22. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Going against Drifter for 1 recruit & Shaun for 2 recruits. This will be interesting.

23. OMlawdog

The game genie is officially retired. Five guys on my top 20 committed in the first week, including Kendall woods.

I'm in some dog fights for a few players, bur for the most part it will be me versus the CPU.

24. Dru50

Mississippi St 2011 Commitments

Through week 1

Position PS# Name Caliber Ht Wt OVR Comments
    CB TBD Mario Miles :3stars: 6'2'' 175 TBD Good height, but very average speed and acceleration. May be a candidate to move to S.
    DT TBD DJ Newberry :3stars: 6'3'' 271 TBD Pretty good 3 technique DT, with good power move and block shedding (B-).

We're thrilled to get Newberry in, I pushed hard to recruit him in week 1 over another DT that had me first on his board. We started out in 2nd for him, but after a week we moved into 1st and he committed as soon as we put the scholly in front of him.

Miles is kind of an 'eh' recruit. I don't really need corners, but he was a LA kid who had me #1 on his board. I'd like to get LA as a pipeline for next year, so his signing helps with that, and he may end up moving to FS or SS next year depending on his ratings.

25. GoGators

Dru is a freaking instant commit whore!!!