Season 2 - Recruiting

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Season 2 - Recruiting

Not too impressed with this class and there is virtually NO interest in A&M from any of the elite prospects. I only have 9 seniors so I'm trying to fill the last spots of need.

There are going to be some major battles in the top 100. Not a :5stars: player without multiple users in it's top 10. Should get really interesting. Remember the scholarship limits.

2. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I actually like this class. There are 4 stars that i like more than the 5 stars that have me ranked highly. We will see in the end how that strategy works out.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

there are a couple of studs in this years class with like 4 or 5 users in their top 8... gonna be some really heated battles for players..... this class seems to be pretty top heavy though with a few diamonds in the rough if you can find them...

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I landed my first commit of the season, and his commitment made me remove two players from my list.

I wanted to add one DE this year, and offered three DE's first week, and Garrett Brown :4stars: committed on the spot. Of course he was the lowest ranked of the three, but has great speed for a DE, and he is going to redshirt anyway, so no more DE's for me this class.

There are a few elite players in this year's class, but some of them are Juco.

The recruiting battles should be ridiculous this year.

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

yep. i only have 9 scholarships available to give out. I can go pretty heavy on the guys on I want, but I have to make sure I really want them (that's what she said)

6. JrRawlins

i got 16 scholarships this year.... i hope to use them on good players this time around, not the redshirt class like this previous class i just grabbed essentially is...

7. theSANDMAN215

i try to redshirt as many as possible anyway, unless they are going to get enough playing time right away.

8. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

A few recruits have already committed to PSU after week 1 of season 2:

Jon Swan - DT(2) :5stars:
    Andrew Alexander - C(2) :4stars:
    Kyle Henderson - SS(45) :3stars:

9. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 1 commitment:

TE #3 Greg Jones, 6'6/255lbs, C+ speed, 4 star.

10. OMlawdog

I was looking at the Swan kid and Henderson. I was hoping PSU wouldn't be that interested.

I think I have 16 or 17 scholarships, not sure exactly.

11. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

They were both on my radar, some of these battles should be intense; I HAVE to have a good recruiting class this year, might never be a 6 star program again.

12. JrRawlins

yeah there are 3 of us FSU, UCLA and UVA fighting for a WR.... i think its gonna go down to the wire with him.....

13. OMlawdog

JR, I think you are talking about Nicholson. Im pretty sure I backed off him this week, just have too many other holes.

14. JrRawlins

yeah i am talkin about Nicholson... i know Florida State offered him.... i did also... if you backed off then i guess its down to us two.... but he got a big lead on me....

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Nicholson is pretty diesel. I like him more than a different (faster) WR that I have on my recruiting board. I am only planning on signing one of them if I can, but I may try to sign both depending on how the rest of my recruiting board looks.

16. JrRawlins

well hopefully you get the other guy.... if i can get Nicholson to pair up with Jonas Smith who i already have, my Wide receiver core would be awesome......

this class looks pretty solid across the board for me, unfortunately i only have 17 scholarships i think... so i have to be somewhat picky in who i select...

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think I have 11 scholarships (off the top of my head), which is good in that I can spend a lot of time on them, and bad because my last class was pretty top heavy. Some of the 3* guys I picked up suck. Like I said, I like Nicholson better, but may ink both (if I can, that is) to solidify my wide receivers for the next few seasons. I've pretty much gone boom or bust with my recruiting class by having everyone that is ready for a visit come against Florida in week 3. If I can manage a win, this would be HUGE, both for the season and for recruiting, but if I lose... rut roe!

18. JrRawlins

Go Gators......

19. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Dont forget about the Huskers chances at landing Nicholson....I'm at #5, I dropped two spots because i didn't offer him a scholly last week, but he got his offer this week.

20. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

21. theSANDMAN215

child please, Penn State is after every recruit I'm going after.

When I play Penn State this year, if I am winning, it is no letting up!!! haha.

It seemed like last year we were after the same players, fun recruiting.

I was going to recruit against Penn State, but man they are A+ all down the board pretty much.

22. OMlawdog

Basis, you can't let JR land Nicholson. It just can't happen. I will recruit against JR while you recruit for FSU.

I know we need to hold your hand during recruiting, but let me make it really simple for you.

DO NOT LET JR LAND FAST PLAYERS

So do what you have to do, and land that guy. Money, Hookers, Blow, Midgets, Animals, I don't care what you have to do, just get after that guy.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahahahaha just remind me that new guys open up in the offseason and I'll be set! :D

Nicholson is the guy I am gunning for of the two, so there will be no letting up.

24. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I noticed the same thing... our game is going to be big! Although I already have three guys committed that I'm happy with so now we just need to keep the train rolling and turn this team in to a national contender in a year or two. I need the BEST team in the NCAA or I have no chance with all these user games....

And when we play you can expect a pretty slow and methodical game from the Nittany Lions. I always had a chance in those user games and gave it away with a stupid turnover or two...

25. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

I gotta get my fast WR's..... i will find them somehow, someway....