Season 2 Rundown

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by astealthyhippo, Jan 4, 2010.

1. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Season 2 Rundown

I will update with a new reply every week. This will be an easy way for everyone to keep an eye on what's going on in the league, where teams stand, and their path to the BCS Championship/BCS bowl games. Feel free to analyze and give opinions on what you think will happen or whatever is going on. I will post a good update once we advance later today, including remaining schedules.

Polls

Coach Rank Team Record Remaining Schedule
    1 North Carolina 8-0
    2 Maryland 8-0
    3 Texas A&M 7-0
    4 Minnesota 7-0
    5 Iowa 6-1
    7 Ole Miss 5-1
    11 South Carolina 5-2
    13 Colorado 7-0
    14 Stanford 4-2
    16 South Florida 5-2

As Dru commented in another thread (can't remember which one), the race to the BCS championship looks pretty crowded. The top 2 teams both reside in the ACC, meaning 1 of them will fall from the picture in Conference Championship week. Same thing could be said for the Big 12 if Dakota keeps Colorado undefeated, lining up a big time match-up with Dru and Texas A&M. The Big 10 will be an interesting race as well, as the winner of the Minnesota-Iowa game could have a shot at BCS glory, while the loser could still be smelling the roses.

Just over half way through the season, and it looks like it's heating up to be a good one.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I was thinking of doing something similar (great minds think alike I guess).

If I had to lay odds on who makes the BCS title game (assuming all teams win out until they match up user vs user), this would be my take.

I think the winner of the ACC (my favorite would be defending champ Maryland) is definitely getting one of the BCS title spots. They are ranked #1 and #2 respectively, and if that continues the winner will definitely be #1. I don't see how the other contenders can leapfrog either UNC or Maryland before then.

If Colorado/Minnesota/Iowa all continue winning, I think that at best Colorado could get to #4 by the conference championships. The winner of Iowa/Minnesota likely vaults Texas A&M to #3 to end the regular season, maybe the win could get an undefeated Minnesota team to #2.

However, Iowa/Minnesota are likely going to be hurt by the fact that their season ends earlier than A&M/Colorado. If A&M/Colorado enter the Big 12 title game ranked even #4 and #5, the winner of that game will probably jump ahead of the Big 10 champ into the #2 slot. I also have a big out of conference tilt with South Carolina which will be tough.

Of course, this assumes a lot of wins vs tough opponents from the Big 12 teams (I know I still have to face Oklahoma and Texas and I think Colorado probably still has Texas left on the schedule), so things could get worked out if a CPU team trips one of us up.

I'd like to see an analysis of the remaining schedules for the undefeated teams to see who is left on tap that might be able to put a monkeywrench in someone's plans.

At least it looks likely that the BCS title game will be a user vs user game instead of a CPU beatdown by someone.

3. astealthyhippo

:beernana: to the great minds comment

Yeah, the schedules obviously play a big part in everything. I will post those later this evening. I know as far as my schedule goes, I play # 16 USF (Scarecrow) next week, #12 Ohio St the week after, and #5 Iowa (Emmdot) in like week 13. Assuming I win out, (which I don't think will happen) I am hoping those tough opponents will push me up to #2, but I think if Texas A&M wins out, they're in and I'm standing outside the party knocking on the door wondering why in the hell nobody is letting me in. :D

4. Dru50

Obviously I'm rooting for you to be correct.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm hoping the Big 12 Championship winner makes the BCS title game. Puts a little more importance on the game

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I have a good feeling it will Kota

7. astealthyhippo

it won't be Minnesota, that's for sure.

I copied down all the records, schedules but I'm too tired to do it right now. I will work on posting this sometime tomorrow, look for it by tomorrow afternoon.

8. astealthyhippo

UPDATE - WEEK 9

Polls

Team Record Coach Media BCS Remaining Schedule
    North Carolina 8-0 1 1 1 @Miami, Clemson, Mississippi St, @ Duke
    Maryland 8-0 2 2 2 Florida St, Duke, @ Miami, @ Boston College
    Texas A&M 7-0 3 3 3 @ Baylor, #12 Oklahoma, #24 Nebraska, @ #10 South Carolina, @ Texas
    Minnesota 7-0 4 4 4 @ #13 USF, #11 Ohio St, @ Michigan, @ #6 Iowa, Wisconsin
    Colorado 7-0 5 5 5 @ Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa St, @ #24 Nebraska, #10 South Carolina
    Iowa 6-1 6 7 6 Michigan, @ Wisconsin, @ Northwestern, #4 Minnesota, @ Washington St
    Ole Miss 5-1 8 8 9 #14 Auburn, @ Tennessee, @ Kentucky, @ LSU, Mississippi St, UL Lafayette
    South Carolina 6-1 10 9 8 Tennessee, Kentucky, @ Florida, #3 Texas A&M, @ #5 Colorado
    South Florida 5-2 13 14 13 #4 Minnesota, Rutgers, Syracuse, @ Cincinnati, Connecticut
    Stanford 4-2 18 17 15 Oregon, @ Washington St, UCLA, @ #21 Arizona, @ #22 Oregon St, #16 Cal

Edit: Red font signifies a user vs user game

This is as of the beginning of week 9 and only for ranked user teams (next week I'll include everybody). I know already this week I (Minnesota) lost and I believe Ole Miss might have as well.

I'll look over this more later but it seems after a very quick glance both ACC teams can almost set it to cruise control until they meet in the conf champ game.

Thoughts?

9. Dru50

Both ACC teams have to face Miami and Maryland still has FSU as well, so while they should win vs the CPU, those aren't necessarily gimmes. I still think they both get to the championship game undefeated.

I really like Colorado's chances of running the table, with only Nebraska and an end of season game with South Carolina looming.

My A&M schedule is brutal to end the season, with a 4 game stretch of Big 12 heavyweights with a sandwiched game with South Carolina. I'd love to go undefeated through that, but I think a loss somewhere in there is likely.

It could get very convuluted if neither myself or Colorado can win out, where there might be a slew of 1 loss teams vying for the BCS title spot.

10. astealthyhippo

Gwill, I hope you enjoy the spoiler role, playing both TAMU and Colorado.

If both TAMU and Colorado lose, it will be a mad scramble for that #2 spot, and my money would be on Iowa if he wins out since he lost early.

Dru- your schedule is definitely tougher than dakota's, still that South Carolina game is the wild card. Gwill can throw a major twist into the whole BCS picture.

My current BCS championship prediction: Maryland vs TAMU

11. Emmdotfrisk

Good work Hippo... My guess is North Carolina and TAMU will win out to face eachother.

Natty - North Carolina vs Texas AM
    Sugar - South Carolina vs Boise State
    Fiesta - Colorado vs Alabama
    Orange - Maryland vs Iowa
    Rose - Minnesota vs Stanford
    Cotton - Ole Miss vs Oklahoma
    Gator - USF vs Georgia Tech

12. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

hey is wash state gone?

13. astealthyhippo

I didn't include Washington St and Syracuse because they were not ranked. Next week I will include them though.

Edit: I forgot to highlight Wash St on your schedule. I fixed it so it now shows as a user vs user game.

14. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

i noticed that the top 5 could be affected by the Gamecocks as we play 2 top 5 teams the last three weeks of the season. if i win out i think i could possibly back door my way in, or possibly let a CPU team backdoor in.

15. astealthyhippo

That's a good point if both TAMU and Colorado lose. Off the top of my head I think there are 1 or 2 cpu teams that are still undefeated. Even though I probably won't get into the BCS Champ, I hope it's a user vs user game.

16. Emmdotfrisk

The Season is shaping up to be a very interesting one. Here is what we have now that we have advanced. I will update it fully when I get home from work...

KEY
    ( ) Prospective
    ____ vs User

RANK TEAM RECORD GAMES LEFT
    1 North Carolina 9-0 Clemson, Miss St, Duke, (CCG)
    2 Maryland 9-0 Duke, @ Miami, @ BC, (CCG)
    3 Texas AM 8-0 #12 Oklahoma, #24 Nebraska, @ #9 South Carolina, @Texas, (CCG)
    4 Colorado 8-0 Kansas st, Iowa st, @ Nebraska, #9 South Carolina, (CCG)
    5 Iowa 7-1 @ Wisconsin, @ Northwestern, #8 Minnesota, Washington St
    6 ???
    7 Ohio st (CPU) 7-1
    8 Minnesota 7-1 # 7 Ohio St, @ Michigan, @ #5 Iowa, Wisconsin
    9 South Carolina 7-1 Kentucky, @ Florida, #3 Texas A&M, @ #5Colorado, (CCG)
    10 South Florida 6-2 Rutgers, Syracuse, @ Cincinnati, Connecticut
    11 ???
    12 Oklahoma (CPU) 5-2
    13 Ole Miss 5-2 @ Tennessee, @ Kentucky, @ LSU, Mississippi St, UL Lafayette
    17 Stanford 5-2 @ Washington St, UCLA, @ #21 Arizona, @ #22 Oregon St, #16 Cal

17. astealthyhippo

Good work Emmdot. Maybe we can get this thing on a rotation of some sort for those who would like to contribute. It is definitely helpful in getting a complete picture of the BCS race.

If anybody near the top drops a game to the CPU, which is entirely possible, that would shake things up. But it still looks like:

ACC champ vs. Big 12 unbeaten OR 1 loss user team (Iowa in best position of those by losing early)

18. dakota7

this is shaping up really well. We should be able to decide it on the field. what an awesome concept

19. astealthyhippo

The Big 10 race just got interesting. Iowa and Ohio St are both undefeated in league play and they will not play each other this year. If they both win out there will be a tie atop the Big 10. Not sure of the tie-breaker in the game...alphabetical maybe? :D

20. dakota7

In reality its the team that hasnt won for the longest period of time....who was in the rose bowl last year? Iowa?

21. Emmdotfrisk

yeah so tOSU will play in the rose if they don't backdoor the NC

22. astealthyhippo

RANK TEAM RECORD GAMES LEFT
    1 North Carolina 10-0 Miss St, Duke, (CCG)
    2 Maryland 10-0 @ Miami, @ BC, (CCG)
    3 Texas AM 9-0 #17 Nebraska, @ #8 South Carolina, @Texas, (CCG)
    4 Colorado 9-0 Iowa st, @ Nebraska, #8 South Carolina, (CCG)
    6 Iowa 8-1 @ Northwestern, #12 Minnesota, Washington St
    8 South Carolina 8-1 @ Florida, #3 Texas A&M, @ #4 Colorado, (CCG)
    9 South Florida 7-2 Syracuse, @ Cincinnati, Connecticut
    10 Ole Miss 6-2 @ Kentucky, @ LSU, Mississippi St, UL Lafayette
    12 Minnesota 7-2 @ Michigan, @ #6 Iowa, Wisconsin
    15 Stanford 6-2 UCLA, @ #21 Arizona, @ #22 Oregon St, #16 Cal

Same format as Emmdot's last update:

Underline = User game
    () = prospective

This is as of the beginning of the week, and does not take into account any games played by users so far this week.

23. astealthyhippo

A lot of times in dynasties I have noticed that the rankings seem to be extremely flawed (such as a 9-3 team being ranked higher than an 11-1 team, etc), but for once these rankings seem to make sense.

Next week there will be a lot of questions answered with two big user vs user games: TAMU vs South Carolina, and Iowa vs Minnesota.

24. Emmdotfrisk

2010 BCS STANDINGS UPDATE!

Week 11

KEY
    ? Prospective
    COLOR vs User

RANK TEAM RECORD WEEK 11 WEEK 12 WEEK 13 WEEK 14 WEEK 15 CCG WEEK
    1 North Carolina 10-0 Miss St. Duke BYE BYE BYE CCG (WhyGod)
    2 Maryland 10-0 Miami (W) Boston College BYE BYE BYE CCG (EaglesIrish)
    3 Texas AM 9-0 #17 Nebraska (W) #8 S.Carolina (GWILL) Texas BYE BYE CCG (Dakota?)
    4 Colorado 9-0 Iowa State (W) #17 Nebraska #8 S.Carolina (Gwill) BYE BYE CCG (Dru50?)
    5 Iowa 8-1 Northwestern (W) #12 Minnesota (Hippo) BYE BYE Washington State N/A
    6 Ohio State *CPU* 8-1 Purdue Illinois Michigan BYE BYE N/A
    7 South Carolina 8-1 Florida #3 TAMU (dru50) BYE #4 Colorado (dakota) BYE CCG (Bama, Aub, or Ole Miss?)
    8 USF 7-2 Syracuse (Bondzai, W) Cincy UCONN BYE BYE N/A
    9 Boise State *CPU* 9-1 Fresno State Idaho Louisiana Tech BYE BYE N/A
    10 Ole Miss 6-2 Kentucky (W) #24 LSU Miss St UL Lafayette BYE CCG (Gwill?)
    11 Cal *CPU* 8-1 #20 Or St Arizona #15 Stanford BYE BYE N/A
    12 Stanford 6-2 UCLA (W) Arizona #20 Or St. #11 Cal BYE N/A
    13 Minnesota 7-2 Michigan (L) #6 Iowa (Emmdotfrisk) Wisconsin BYE BYE BYE N/A

25. astealthyhippo

Good work Emmdot, I think this is a good idea. We should continue this next season. Maybe we can even work in a rotation amongst users to do this.

I'll be happy if I'm still in the top 25 next week after our meeting. But who knows, I might spoil the fun for the Hawkeyes. We might decide to change out in the parking lot rather than that pink locker room you put us in.