Season 2 Scores Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Season 2 Scores Thread

The tigers split a 2 game series with the Red Sox.

Game 1
    Red Sox 2
    Tigers 1

Game 2
    Red Sox 2
    Tigers 3

The majority of the few runs in this series came from balls being hit off the green monster. Damon and Cabrera also hit 2 bombs over the monster in the Game 2 W for the tigers. They take on the Mets next series.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The Dodgers and Twins split 2 at Chavez Ravine. The Dodgers took game 1, 3-1 behind a HR and 2 RBI's from Matt Kemp. The Twinkies took game 2, as Joe Mauer went deep twice, carrying his team to a 4-1 win. GG's CheeseDip

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Rays sweep the Rangers in two close games. Rays controlled Game 1 for most of the game as Masler had to adjust to the new team. Texas almost came back in the 9th but only managed to drive in one run. Game 2 showed much more of a fight from the Rangers with Josh Hamilton cranking a homer to deep left, the only homer of the series. Texas had control until the 9th inning when Tampa scored to tie it at 2. Extra innings would exhaust the Rangers bullpen and the best hitters couldn't make it happen. Rays went crazy with hits with 14 in Game 2.

Game 1
    Rays 3
    Rangers 1

Game 2
    Rays 3
    Rangers 2

GG Bond, second game was great.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The Mets were able to get off on the right foot as they swept 2 from the Giants to start the season. In the first game, Johan Santana out-dueled Timmy Lincecum and the Mets got the 3-2 comeback win. The only 2 hits against Santana came in the same inning on a single and then a homer by Rowand. The Mets climbed back into the game as a Luis Castillo single drove in Reyes in the 6th, and Jason Bay crushed a homer in the 7th. Then, in the 9th, Rod Barajas had a walk-off sac fly that plated Bay giving the Mets the 3-2 win. Box Score

Game two was all Mets as Pelfrey scattered hits but allowed no runs, and the offense was firing on all cylinders. Bay and Ike Davis each homered in the 5-0 win. Box Score

Good series pcownage.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The Tigers and Mets split their series.

Detroit took the first game 3-2 on some little bitch named Rayburn being a hero. First he tripled and then scored, and then he hit what would be the game winning home run.

The Mets took the second game 2-0 on the strength of the pitching staff, who scattered hits all game.

Good series Hova.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The Braves just pasted the Dodgers, 7-0 and 4-1 at the Ravine. I couldnt hit a lick and Kuroda and Ely were not on their game. Man do I need Ethier and some pitching back. Might be a long season in LaLa land!

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The Mets took both from the Rockies by a combined score of 16-4. Santana hit a bomb, and Jason Bay is my hero.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Boston defeated Texas in both games.

3-1 game 1

5-3 game 2 (i think i dont remember).

I noticed a lot of lag in these two games. Game 2 was the better of the two, went into extra innings before Noles hit a 2 run walk off. The sound of the ball hitting the bat had completely disappeared so I didn't know it was a homer until it got to the outfield lol.

9. Hova

Tigers take both over the Rays thanks to 3 bombs by Cabrera and some good pitching by verlander.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Red Sox defeat Braves in Game 1

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10 Column 11 Column 12 Column 13 Column 14 Column 15
    Jun, 10 2010 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 R H E
    Red Sox 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 4 10 0
    Braves 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 7 1

Kris Medlen pitched 7.1 innings giving up a Mike Cameron HR in the 3rd while Tim Wakefield had the Braves off balanced scattering 5 hits and striking out 10 and would have gotten the win but I decided to go up and Chipper crushed it.

11th inning Varitek pinch hit and got a base knock, Ellisbury base hit, Pedoria and Martinez both out, Youkilis hits a 3 run HR.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

why in the world hasn't the Red Sox Rangers scores recorded... Come ON! 2K

12. Hova

Game 1

Tigers 7
    Rangers 5

Game 2

Tigers 4
    Rangers 3

Tigers take both close games in comerica. Game 2 was won in the bottom of the 11th with an Alex Avila walk-off base hit.

13. Hova

Tigers split a series with the Twins that was filled with Terrible hitting and extra innings of action. Valverde closes out the 2nd game in the 11th inning after blowing it in the 10th. Good series kog

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Rangers extend their losing streak in Colorado

Game 1
    Texas 0
    Colorado 1

Game 2

Texas 3
    Colorado 5

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Game 1

Texas 1

Mets 3

Mets controlled this one with the long ball while Texas managed to score on a bunt, that was ruled to not be a squeeze lol.

Game 2

Texas 3

Mets 1

This game went into the 12th inning as both teams played great defense while their offenses couldn't drive in the runs. Vladimir Guerreror would step up to the plate with a runner on and one out, 2 pitches later he crushed one to deep center in a walk off homerun giving Texas their first win against a user.

Good games Basis

16. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Twins take Two in Boston with great performances behind Baker and Liriano.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yep, good series Masler. It wasn't a squeeze because you didn't steal home -- I mean technically it was a safety squeeze, which is legal under our rules. HIGHLY frowned upon, but not illegal. Had you stolen and then won the game I would have gotten the sim win.

18. Hova

Tigers sweep the Rangers in Texas on the bats of Magglio who had a 3 run shot. Rayburn also had an inside the park homerun in Game 1 with Gallaragga pitching the complete game shutout.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

Texas loses both to Detroit big surprise..ah well GG Hov...my hitters have trouble getting on base though

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Texas 4
    Minn 1

Texas took control of this game from the very first swing with a Guerroro homer to deep left. Hamilton would also homer in the 4th. Wilson pitched a very strong game.

Texas 0
    Minn 4

The Twins pitcher dominated my lineup all day only giving up 2 hits while I gave up a couple of homers and 4 runs.

Good Series Cheese, idk what was up with me and double plays in the second game but I could not beat the runner to the plate. Happened at least 4 times.

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The Mets were able to take two from the Dodgers at home on the back of some great offense. To quote Recchem, regarding Jason Bay, "I think he has like 3 home runs and 10 RBI in these 2 games".

Bay actually did have 3 home runs and 10 RBI in the 2 games - on 4 hits! He now leads MLB in homers, RBI, and is 2nd in doubles and batting average of players that have played 20 games.

Next the Mets welcome San Francisco to town in what will be another sweep.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The Mets thrashed the lowly Dodgers. I think the combined score of the 2 games was 17-2! And now it gets better, we get Bill and his Braves again, who we just cant seem to beat. If I had a graphic of a sinking ship I would put it in my signature, but thats not allowed ;) (just kidding head honchos)