Season 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jkhaalis991, Aug 17, 2010.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Season 2 Scores

Week 1: Kentucky @ Fresno State

Kentucky: 7
    Fresno State: 17

Story is up on the Dynasty Wire.

7 wide open drops did not help

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 37
    ND 16

The passing attack mixed in with the 3 headed monster running game was to much for the irish. Shinskie put up 300+ yrds and 2 TD's while Harris,Phifer, and Finch grounded out 100+ and a TD. Freshman CB Robert Roach made his presence known grabbing a pick 6 right before half. Other Freshman CB Ball made a couple nice plays in coverage and also came away with a Sack..

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Duke 27
    Purdue 24

After going down 17-7, Duke makes some big plays on offense and forces three fumbles to get back in the game. Duke put one through the uprights in the fourth quarter to win.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

WOW!!

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss - 24
    Cincy - 14

Offense is still struggling, though the running game was very strong, the passing game is still terrible. Enrique Davis went for 100 yards and Brandon Bolden went for 80 yards. Rodney Scott was the 3rd down back and had his first TD, and looks to be a solid player.

Patrick Patterson had a very solid game with 5 catches for 75 yards and a TD. Overall the offense was terrible.

Defensively we gave up two long bomb TD's one of which was 65 yards in the air, and Im pissed I didn't save it. Trevor Archer, Ole Miss true freshman DT had his first sack, hopefully the first of many in his long career. The defense was led by Junior Joel Kight who had 13 tackles, 12 solos, and an INT. Most of his tackles came out of the dime package due to Cincy running 4 WR pretty much the entire game. Still a great game for him.

I like the fact that the CPU games have to be taken seriously, at all times. Next week Ole Miss better be ready, Wisky comes to town and they are already talking about going for 70 points.

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

WEEK 1 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 FINAL
    South Carolina (1-0)(0-0) 14 7 3 3 27
    ECU (0-1)(0-1) 0 13 9 0 22

This game should not have been this close. I started off on a tear, but a few dumb mistakes by my part allowed ECU to get within 8 points. Then, we just went back and forth with some field goals. Luckily, I held them off in the end. They were killing me passing the ball in the first half. It may not look like it in the stats, but I actually started playing good defense in the second half to counter their passing attack.

South Carolina
    PASSING ATT COMP YARDS TD INT
    Stephen Garcia (r-SR) 43 19 245 2 0

RUSHING ATT YARDS TD
    Marcus Lattimore (SO) 11 35 0

RECEIVING CATCHES YARDS TD
    Ace Sanders (FR) 7 74 0
    Alshon Jeffery (r-JR) 4 17 1
    Tori Gurley 4 55 0
    D.L. Moore 3 87 1

East Carolina

PASSING ATT COMP YARDS TD INT
    Dominique Davis 58 41 322 2 2

RUSHING ATT YARDS TD
    Alex Owah 13 22 0

RECEIVING CATCHES YARDS TD
    Alex Owah 10 68 0
    Jacobi Jenkins 7 81 1

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Tigers win opener 38-9 at Sun Devil Stadium.

It hurt coach KSherm to go into his old undergraduate alma mater and take home a W, but it was something that had to be done. This win extends the new head ball coach's winning streak to 15 games.

This game was close at the beginning as ASU forced a quick 3 and out for the Tigers on their first possession. However, coach KSherms first prized recruit, 4 star athlete, CB McBride made his presence felt. On the Tigers punt, he beat the coverage and made a spectacular hit on the return man jarring the ball free to be scooped by his fellow chap. This would setup an Anthony Glaser TD pass to WR Kemp to open the Missour scoring. The route was on from there. McBride would also add an INT later in the game to record 2 TO's in his first game as a true froshie.

Missouri did get some bad news in this one though. Starting CB (forget his name) has a broken bone and is out for 10 weeks. This leaves a gapping hole in the Tigers secondary and the DC is going to have his work cut out for him until his #1 CB returns from injury. We won't be able to rely on our CBs to come through when left on an island like last year. This should be interesting.

Missouri also played 4 QBs on the day as nobody has truly lifted themself above the competition during practice. It showed during the game as each got a quarter and all of them made spectacular plays. Coach KSherm will look to narrow it down from a 4 man rotation to hopefully a 2-3 man rotation in the near future.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Here we go again...

Told ya we should have put Florida on Mizzou's schedule.:)

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Kansas State 24
    USC 21

Cosh goes for 275 yards but has two picks..... and scores twice, once threw the air and once on the ground.....

10. GoGators

Nah, that injury to my CB is going to be devastating. ASU was out manned, but a good school is going to have a huge advantage now.

However, my 2 headed monster at QB and the talent at the WR position is off the charts. Should be an interesting season.

11. Bondzai

Rice: 21
    Texas: 69

Coach Bondzai brought in a new offensive coordinator from UCF and it pays dividends right away. Now running a pro style offense the 'Horns ran the ball down the throats of Rice. The defense came up big as well scoring 2 tds.

Passing:
    G. Gilbert - 9/20, 151 yds, 1 td, 1 int
    C. Wood - 2/3, 59 yds, 1 td

Rushing:
    F. Whittaker - 21 att, 130 yds
    T. Newton - 13 att, 107 yds, 3 tds
    C. Whaley - 10 att, 52 yds, 1 td

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Is Monty Ball going to give you as much trouble as John Clay?

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Great, you start to figure this shit out and I have to play you.:)

14. Bondzai

#3 Iowa: 34
    #16 Texas: 37 OT

This game was stressful. The Iowa QB had 300 yards passing and HB had 115 yards rushing (although it felt like 315 yards rushing). The good news is I was able to mostly keep them out of the end zone. I also got two interceptions that really cost Iowa the game.

I stuck to the running game as much as I could but I just wasn't get a whole lot of blocking against the Iowa defense. Fozzy Whittaker only went for 79 yards but one of them was on a 40 td in the 4th quarter.

This was a huge win and now we've got some serious momentum going in to the Duke game.

15. OMlawdog

I lost my connection to live mid way through my. Game. I finished it out and lost on an absolute bullshit Interception.

Ole miss - 45
    Wisconsin- 48

Just got back on live. My game didn't save to the server, not sure what y'all want to do. I would be lying if I said I didn't want another shot at them, but whatever y'all want to do is fine with me. My concern with a sim is injuries and possibly getting a win I didn't earn. I am pissed about losing some of the monster stats my guys put up in this game. Bolden went for close to 200 yards with 4 TDs. Their HB I think had 240 yards and 3 TD's, and broke 232,204 tackles.

I would like to replay it since I didn't have any recruits visiting and its not a conference game. Just let me know what y'all want me to do.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

ksu 20
    BC 27

This was a game you would expect from me and JR. IMy Defense played outstanding grabbing 8 or 9 sacks with 7 coming from my DE's. Darrell Ball getting his first real action of the season(ND ran mostly 4wide) made him self noticed by picking of a floater and taking it back 75+ yrds for the score. Ball finished with 9tkls(4fl), 1 sack, and 1 int(TD). The 2nd biggest defensive play of the game came right before half when Cosh hooked up with B.smith after he went passed the BC Defense with no time on the clock the Safety caught him at the 5 yrd mark to retain the 7 point lead going into half...

17. Dru50

Mississippi St got a 1st half scare from lowly San Diego St in week 1, as they went into halftime down 13-10. 2nd half was a different story, as the Bulldog offense and defense came to life, running the Aztecs out of town with a 28-0 2nd half.

Chris Relf threw for 349 yards and 3 TD's but also had 2 INT's early in the game. New starting HB Montrell Conner had 109 yards and WR Chad Bumphis had 6 catches for 164 yards.

Up next is a matchup with the Pitt Panthers, and if the offense and defense play as badly as they did in the first half of this game, we will be in a LOT of trouble.

18. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

great game BBJ, i couldnt get a consistent drive on offense going..... and my running game was atrcious... my young QB Cosh played well..... and i felt my pass defense was decent, but i couldnt make a stop to save my life..

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think you should take a sim loss after losing this one the first time. I realize you already replayed it and won (and big I might add). I hope I can throw this out. If you want to make sure you don't have any injuries than I would assume you super-sim it and manually punt away the ball if it is close.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The transfer is failing when I try to throw it out. You can replay it without me doing anything, I think...

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Duke 17
    #18 VT 38

Tech turns two bad turnovers by Sean Renfree into enough momentum to pull away in the fourth. Duke held Ryan Williams to 101 yards on 28 carries but couldn't overcome a very tough Hokie defense. I think they were still pissed about my upset at Blacksburg last season.

22. Dru50

Mississippi St wins a huge game at Pittsburgh 27-17. The game started as Bulldog games under Coach Dru have been known to start, very slowly. Dion Lewis took the 2nd play of the game 79 yards for a TD on a HB dive, breaking 4 tackles along the way. Chad Bumphis would fumble the ensuing kickoff, leading to a TD pass to Jonathan Baldwin from 12 yards out. Just like that it's a 14-0 lead and things weren't looking good.

The coaching staff pulled the defense aside and told them that if they didn't buckle down, this game was lost. The remainder of the game, the defense was stout when it counted. They gave up a lot of yards, but inside the 30, they were able to make some stops.

Up next is the beginning of SEC play, with a big game vs Auburn.

23. GoGators

#10 Missouri 27
    #23 Penn St 17

The Tigers silence the nittany lion faithful on the road.

Penn St went up early as QB Kevin Newsome led a great drive. (I've never seen so much play action in my life.) The Tigers would respond with a drive of their own capped off by QB Ashton Glasser on a 2 yard run. PSU would add another FG before the Tigers took over the 2nd quarter putting up 17 unanswered points.

In the 3rd, coach KSherm wanted to get freshman QB James Franklin some experience in a hostile environment and the youngin wasn't ready for it. He tossed an INT and fumbled on consecutive drives. Luckily the Tiger D bailed him out as LB Tatum came up with a pick in the end zone for the Tigers to hold PSU scoreless in the 3rd as well.

PSU made a run at it in the 4th scoring the only TD and recovering the onside kick, but Tatum once again made a huge play forcing a fumble in the red zone that the Tigers would recover.

Stat of the game: (WTH?!?!)
    PSU QB Kevin Newsome 33 for 34 (1 freaking incompletion on the day and it was an INT!) 349 yards TD, INT

Also of note, PSU HB Stephfon Green was knocked out for 10 weeks. Man that Tigers D is vicious!

24. OMlawdog

I just logged on and the results weren't thrown out so I don't know what I can do.

I wouldn't of played the game if I thought it was going to be an issue.

The only reason I didn't restart the game when I got disconnected was because I was down by 14 points (it was the 2nd quarter) and I didn't want it to look like I was trying to quit on a loss. I know other guys have been disconnected from CPU games while down and simply re-played it, so that is why I didn't think it was an issue, plus I posted it last night and didn't see anything today. I just want everyone to know why I played it. I certainly wasn't try to get over on the league.

Im sorry I played it, just don't know how to fix it to be a loss.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You can still replay it I think. Look a couple of posts above. It won't let me throw the results out. Keeps on saying 'transfer failed'. This is a known and common issue with online dynasties right now...

The only problem I have is being fair. You played once and lost. You were honest about it and I'm not trying to punish you for it. I'm just drawing a line in the sand, so to speak. This probably won't be the last time something like this happens...