Season 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Season 2 Scores

Week 1

Advance - Saturday 10 PM EST

User Opponent
    Alabama (T BIRD8239) vs UL-Monroe
    Boston College (cubillas) vs Arkansas State
    Georgia (smlVICTORIES53) at Georgia Tech
    Kansas (WiFro Gibby) at Cincinnati
    LSU (Dru50) at Utah
    Maryland (firetirepanda1) vs Akron
    Missouri (williatr) at Arizona State
    North Carolina (x Jotace x) at Michigan
    Tennessee (Maxattax34) vs North Texas
    Texas (Colemanchu) at Rice
    Texas A&M (ShiBDiB) at Louisville

Post your summaries

2. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

The Terrapins win their season opener big, 48-14 over the Akron Zips. The Terrapins seemed to be experimenting a lot on both offense and defense throughout the game as they brought out a variety of exotic blitz packages that we didnt really see from them last year and a number of new playaction passes. When questioned about it after the game, coach ryalaman said that it was something that they had been working on and that if it had been a better opponent, we might not have seen it but that the fact that Akron was in town let them open up the playbook a little more. In addition to experimenting with playcalling, they did a lot of that with players too. They made an effort to get true freshman QB Sam Hamby at least 4 series and said that its something we might see all year because they dont want to waste his freshman year as just a backup because of a promise made. In addition, we may have a RB controversy going forward. Davin Meggett had 3 TDs and got most of the carries, but he fumbled 2 times and didnt look very explosive. On the other hand, Caleb Porzel looked fast hitting the hole and was much better at reading his blocks than Meggett was. While Meggett is still the starter, its something that bears watching going forward.

3. gibby_36er

gibby_36er Walk On

#25 Kansas 34 @ Cincinnati 36

This is a game that coach Gibby wishes he could erase from the record books. Kansas started off slow again, having to punt the ball for their first two possessions. QB Kale Pick returned to his mistake prone self today, throwing 4 INT's and fumbling twice. Mid way through the 3rd quarter after his 4th INT, Kansas replaced him with Jordan Webb, who on his first pass was intercepted. RB Toben Opurum had a slow day as well, not getting over 100 yards until mid-4th. Kansas did managed to take the lead with 48 seconds left. But, Cincinnati drove down the field for a field goal. On their first try, it was a miss, but CB Prinz Kande ran into the kicker. The next try was good and KU's last second hail mary failed.

After the game, KU coach Gibby stated that he does not know who will start in two weeks against Iowa. As he was leaving the press room, he was overheard whispering to an assistant, "I'm going to kill Kande".

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Losing on a roughing the kicker call, man that is rough.

5. gibby_36er

gibby_36er Walk On

words couldn't have been said any better. plus, can i get a 3 touchdown head start when we play in three weeks?

6. Dru50

We'll see, but no promises.

;)

7. Papa Perry

Other than the loss it sounded like a good game. I haven't changed the sliders yet so I need to know if the game played well or if we should toughen them up a little more in your opinion.

8. gibby_36er

gibby_36er Walk On

It played pretty well. Missed tackles seemed a little high, but my defense is bad. Cincinnati ran a lot of shotgun draw plays. I'll bet 3 out of every 4 plays was a draw. They also picked me off 5 times and their was 5 fumbles and good weather.

Honestly, after I stopped screaming at the tv, that was one of the best games I've played against the cpu. still pissed I lost, but something seemed different from what I did last year. Must just have a bad team.

CPU defense seemed a little smarter too. I wasn't right through them like last year.

9. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Texas A&M - 27
    Louisville - 7

The Aggies started off the season with an impressive win on both sides of the ball this week. Racking up a total of 480 yards offensively, and holding a venerable cardinal offense to 263 yards.

Freshman QB Jeremy Curry played about as well as you'd expect a true freshman to play. Going 10/28 with 212 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. He looked a little lost at times, but always bounced back with a good throw. HB Christine Michael had 130 yards and 2 TD's in a solid first outing of the season.

Defensively the Aggies surprised a few people with their solid performance. LB Ricky Cavanaugh was the standout getting 3 tackles, a sack, and 1 INT. The cardinals had spurts of being able to run the ball, but quick scheme changes on the sidelines prevented that from developing into any kind of threat.

The Aggies go into a bye week 2, then face impressive LSU led by coach Dru50.

10. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Georgia opens the season with a win over rival Georgia Tech 40-20.

The Bulldogs came out ready to pick up where they left off last season and did just that. AJ Green's decision to come back has the coaches and fans in Athens extremely excited. Aaron Murray had a good first game going 15-24 for 239yds and 2 TDs. Green had a stellar game catching 6 balls for 135yds and a TD. The running game was effective with 5 different Bulldogs carrying the ball including Fr QB Adam Vickers who would come in the game in "Tebow" like situations.

Georgia is running with a new defense this year and as the game progressed the players were able to iron out some wrinkles. The defense played fast and hard-nosed setting a good tempo for the rest of the year. The speed on the field at LB is very encouraging. After the poor progression of the guys slated to play MLB this season the coaches decided to move ROLB Rueben Faloughi to MLB. He is a little smaller than the other backers but with his height and 90spd rating in the middle of the field it allows the defense to play very aggressively

11. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

Alabama opened the season against an outmanned university of LA. Monroe. the result was a 56-0 win in which alot of young backup players got to see extensive field time. The biggest news was true freshman QB Michael Henderson was named the starter, emerging from a tight 3 way battle for the job. The next question to be answered is "can he keep it" as the next opponent is Nebraska a real test.

12. williatr

williatr Walk On

Mizzou Tigers

This was a coming out party for the Mizzou offense. The team was initially thought to be a defensive team, but with Ashton Glaser exploding in the first game throwing for over 300 yds on 27-31 passing. The Tigers offense have taken over the focal point of the team.

13. Papa Perry

Week 1 - South Florida at #21 Miami

South Florida 7 Miami 62

Miami won this game via blow out after a slow start. Jacory Harris had a good day going 15-23 for 218 yards and 2 TDs. Pair that with the running game by Lamar Miller and Mike James (Combined for 177 yards and 4 TDs), and you have a great offense. The defense couldn't do much to pressure the QB for sacks(The only sack was by 2nd string Travis Williams), but they did manage to force 3 INTs.

14. Papa Perry

Week 2

Advance - Sunday 10 PM EST

User Opponent
    Alabama (T BIRD8239) vs Nebraska
    Boston College (cubillas) at Akron
    Georgia (smlVICTORIES53) BYE WEEK
    Kansas (WiFro Gibby) BYE WEEK
    LSU (Dru50) BYE WEEK
    Maryland (firetirepanda1) vs Clemson
    Missouri (williatr) vs Pittsburgh
    North Carolina (x Jotace x) at Georgia Tech
    Tennessee (Maxattax34) at Cincinnati
    Texas (Colemanchu) at Cal
    Texas A&M (ShiBDiB) BYE WEEK

I forgot to adjust the sliders. I have changed them now and they will take effect next week.

Post your summaries

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

@4 Texas @ Rice

--Never was close, nor should it have been. Heisman hopeful Garret Gilbert lead the way on offense going 20 of 26 for 385 yards and 6 touchdowns. Fozzy Whitaker added 63 yards on the ground and a score of his own. The defense played well forcing an interception and recovering a fumble but we were disappointed in the fact that the team made no sacks. Texas-58, Rice-7

#4 Texas @ Cal
    --The defense lead the way in this one forcing four turnovers including three interceptions. On off Gilbert had an easy day completing 18 of 24 passes for 278 yards and one touchdown. The star on offense was Chris Whaley who carried the ball 19 times for 101 yards and 3 touchdowns. Texas-54, Cal-10

16. Dru50

Week 1 - LSU goes on the road and beats Utah 66-24.

This game showcased some of the new talent at Baton Rouge this year, especially on offense. True freshman HB Robert Casey got the start and did not disappoint, running for a 62 yard TD on his first carry. Casey would finish the day with 183 yards and 3 TD's on 13 carries, with 2 runs of over 50 yards. The running game put up nearly 300 yards on the road, and QB Jordan Jefferson combined with true freshman QB Kyle Hagan to have a very efficient day passing, with the pair going 11-14 for 227 yards and 3 TD's.

The defense was effective enough, but Coach Dru was not pleased with the pass coverage. "The secondary should be the strength of our defense, and if I continue to see guys standing around watching WR's run free all over the field changes WILL be made." Utah QB Jordan Wynn threw for 311 yards and 3 TD's on the day, which is just not acceptable. The only highlights from the defense was a user pick six by RS sophomore FS Craig Loston and 3 sacks by new RE Keke Mingo.

Up next is a bye week leading into back to back user games vs Texas A&M and Kansas.

17. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

week2 Nebraska at Alabama

Alabama goes down 41-21...Nebraska came out hot taking a 20-0 lead. we fought back and cut it to 20-14 at the half......the second half just became a comedy of errors..fumbles, Ints and poor tackling ...doomed the tide and its young squad to an ass whipping....

18. Papa Perry

Guys, I know I set the advance for Sunday but it would be really great if everyone could get their stuff in today since there is only 5 games left. For those of you with a BYE WEEK remember that I will not wait for you to recruit so get it done tonight

19. Dru50

I will get my recruiting done tonight after work. Perry, if you are waiting on me shoot me a text and I'll do my best to jump on asap.

20. williatr

williatr Walk On

I don't get off until 10pm est. I can play my game as soon as I get in.

21. Jcl5167

Jcl5167 Walk On

It was a rought start for the tarheels, sooo much for the their wishes of attaining the #1 defense in the nation. Michigan almost put up 500 yards of total offense against this young carolina squad. Although north carolina had trouble on the defensive side of the ball QB renner seemed very poised sitting in the pocket and had a great game. Next week our defense will be looking to show up a lil more and force some big turnovers.

22. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

The Maryland Terrapins escape 34-31 against Clemson with a clutch play from MLB Avery Murray. Clemson literally did not trail for a single second in this game with 2 quick TDs early on (1 on a punt return and one on a Davin Meggett fumble) but the FG from Groza award winner Nick Ferrara as time expired sunk the Tigers. Going into the final minute of this game, it seemed like almost a forgone conclusion that Clemson would kick a FG to win it as time expired as they were driving deep into Maryland territory. However, with just 40 seconds left in the game, MLB Avery Murray both forced and recovered a fumble to take possession back for the Terps on their own 2 yard line. After a nice first down run by Meggett, the Terps went into hurry up and Jamarr Robinson looked extremely sharp connecting pass after pass to get the Terps down to the Clemson 30 with 4 seconds left in the game. After 3 Clemson timeouts to ice the kicker, Nick Ferrara calmly stepped up and drilled the 46 yarder through the uprights for the win.

23. Dru50

Yo shib, assuming we advance sometime tonight, what is your availability like this weekend? I'm usually available to play between 1 and 4pm est and then again after 9pm est. The other times are family time on the weekends.

24. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Who's left to play this week?

25. Dru50

There were 4 games left when I quickly logged on to do my recruiting earlier.