Season 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Jmustang1968, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

USF - 27
    Rice - 13

A strange defensive battle here. I struggled to get the ball moving. USF run defense was outstanding holding McGuffie to 36 yards on 17 carries. McHargue had a surprisingly decent game passing though. 19/35 277 yards 1 td and 1 int. Not spectacular numbers, but compared to last season it was one of his best games. I made some stops and my lbs and dline picked up 4-5 sacks in this one, but I wasnt able to force any turnovers.

Biggest disappointment was that I lost coach points to losing to a lesser ranked team even though USF is an A- overall talent...

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I started my game last night and then got booted from XBOX live after going up 7-0. Im assuming I can just chalk that up as a win against UK?

By the way, either I have the greatest offense of all time, or my defense is the worst defense I have ever, ever seen.

In running about 25 plays in practice, 20 of them went for Touchdowns.

Its going to be a long, long year in Eastern Michigan.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

YELLOW JACKETS BEAT THEMSELVES IN HOME OPENER

[​IMG]
    Sophomore SS Cameron DeJean returned a fumble and an interception both for TD's in the 42-23 upset over Georgia Tech.

GEORGIA TECH: 23
    TULANE: 42

The Tulane Green Wave scored 28 points on big turnover plays, 3 of them fumble returns and the other an interception return. The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets beat themselves and handed the game over to Tulane. The Tulane offense continues its rushing woes as RB Orleans Darkwa carried the ball 21 times for 36 yards and backup RB Stephen Barnett tallied 7 carries for 29 yards. QB Ryan Griffin helped get Tulane some offensive scores, completing 10 of 16 passes for 160 yards with 2 TD passes to #2 wide out JoJo Dobbs. The speedy Dobbs caught 4 passes for 86 yards with 2 TD's. #1 WR Ryan Grant caught 5 passes for 63 yards.​

The Tulane defense stepped it up as they forced 4 turnovers, all resulting in immediate scores. Georgia Tech's option game looked sloppy as the Green Wave returned 3 errant option pitches for TD's. OLB Dominique Robertson had a big day with 7 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries, and 2 TD's in the game. SS Cameron DeJean had his first career start at Tulane totaling 6 tackles, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception, and 2 TD's.​

The Tulane Green Wave 1-0 (0-0) get a huge first win of 2012 and look to week to to take on Louisiana-Monroe in week 2.​

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Troy 35
    UAB 6

It could be a long season for the Blazers if we are forced into situations where we have to throw the ball. An extremely inaccurate QB and a terrible pass blocking o-line led to 5 sacks and 3 picks on top of countless other times Miller was hit while throwing. Darrin Reaves and Greg Franklin combined well in the backfield and averaged about 3.2 yards per carry combined. Defensively we played well until the 4th quarter, where Troy scored on 2 fluke pass plays. The game was much closer than the score suggests. We had the ball with a chance to tie twice in the 3rd quarter, and missed a field goal that would have cut the lead to 4 early in the 4th.

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Akron: 14
    Fresno State: 85

Akron had 14 turnovers. 12 interceptions. They sacked my QB 7 times, and probably hit him before the pass 100 times.

QB: 15/41/232, 1 TD, 11 INTs ... the back up had the other INT.

It's not even fun how fast they get to the QB. I literally had 1 maybe 2 seconds to throw the ball. No exaggeration.

[​IMG]

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

85, holy shit

7. theSANDMAN215

Yeah. It was stupid. I had zero time to throw. I had officially, 8 or 9 drops. If my guys did catch it, drop. I had to make quick 1 second throws. I didn't even have fun playing. I mean 12 interceptions? I'm not that bad, and my QB isn't that bad at passing.

8. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

9. theSANDMAN215

They stuck the whole leg in me.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You ran the ball 10 times... what do you expect? And by your averages, I would say your only passing was just lobbing it up.

There is a way to lose where you don't get your ass beat by 60 points, you know?

11. theSANDMAN215

When you are down 37-7, you can't run that much. The only completions I had were quick passes that I sneaked in for huge YAC yards. Trust me, if I went deep it was an automatic interception, I gave that up.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You are thinking about this all wrong. When you are down 37-7, it's time to run the ball...

13. theSANDMAN215

I'm not giving up. I could be down 60-0 with 2:00 minutes left, and I'm still going all out.

I mean realistically, I'm down 37-7 at the half. I score, 37-14. Get a lucky turnover and score, we are looking at 37-21. The likelihood of that happening is low, but there is no way I'm giving up on a game.

14. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

15. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Cardinal win 40-37 in Overtime!

Week 1Q1Q2Q3Q4OTFinal

[​IMG]
    7 10 3 0 17 40

[​IMG]
    3 7 7 3 20 37

First Quarter

03:38 FG Ball State Steven Schott K #14 36 yard field goal
    02:21 TD Iowa State Quenton Bundrage WR #24 7 yard pass from Steele Jantz QB #14

Second Quarter

05:55 TD Iowa State Pierce Richardson TE #89 8 yard rush
    04:04 TD Ball State Willie Snead WR #88 6 yard pass from Rod Edwards QB #4
    00:00 FG Iowa State Charles Turner K #4 33 yard field goal

Third Quarter

06:23 TD Ball State Eric Williams HB #3 31 yard rush
    00:11 FG Iowa State Charles Turner K #4 34 yard field goal

Fourth Quarter

00:00 FG Ball State Steven Schott K #14 28 yard field goal

Overtime Quarter

00:02 TD Iowa State Jeff Woody HB #32 13 yard rush
    00:03 TD Ball State Eric Williams HB #3 25 yard rush
    00:04 TD Ball State Aaron Mershman TE #11 13 yard pass from Rod Edwards QB #4
    00:05 TD Iowa State Jeff Woody HB #32 10 yard rush
    00:06 FG Iowa State Charles Turner K #4 18 yard field goal
    00:07 TD Ball State David Brown HB #21 1 yard rush

PassingATTCompYardsTDInt

Rod Edwards 30 14 178 2 4

RushingATTYardsTDLong

Eric Williams 32 221 2 31

Summary....​

The Cardinal came out looking to establish the run early, and had some success but then Iowa State began to jam the line and make Rod Edwards beat them with his arm and his legs....Edwards struggled at first missing some open receivers and threw some interceptions that the Cyclones defenders made some spectular plays on... but he stayed focused, use his legs to move the sticks several times and led some impressive drives... Despite Eric Williams rushing for well over 200 yards... Edwards was the story of the day... down 3 points with just under 90 seconds remaining Edwards caught fire and led the Cardinal on a 77 yard drive that fell a few yards short of winning the game before OT as Junior Ken Mershman couldnt hang on to a pin point pass from Edwards in the back of the endzone that would have sealed the deal.... In overtime, both teams seemed to score with relative ease in the 1st two overtimes.. but in the 3rd overtime, the Cardinal made a huge goalline stand to force a field goal.... and from there it was the Edwards/Williams show.. Edwards found Willie Snead on a quick slant... then Willams pounded the Cyclones defense down to the 1 yard line... when David Brown got to come in and be the hero....​

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Seems like no matter what I did, Marshall would throw up some garbage and their guy would break a tackle and take it to the house. They had just 8 first downs yet managed to score 35 points. Whatever they needed, they got - end of story. Tough way to open the season, you better believe I'm going to come out ready to tear the CPU a new asshole next week.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    LOL. Okay...

18. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Eastern MIchigan - 24
    Kentucky - 26

Im just now ready to talk about this game. I literally put the controller down and went for a walk outside at 11:00 at night. Just a great game, where Kentucky put pressure on my QB the entire game, to the point that passing the ball just wasn't possible. Luckily I noticed that they kept bring heat from the corners leaving the middle of their defense wide ass open for dive plays, which worked about as well as could be expected.

The game down to the last drive of the game for Kentucky, down 1 with one minute left against the bizarro 85 Bears defense, and we actually forced a 4th and 13, only to have them convert and eventually get the ball down to my 15 yard line and stick a fork in my team to win 26-24.

Just a brutal loss, I don't think my defense can play any better, we didn't give up any real big plays. Have to move on and have a good Middle Tennessee State team coming to town.

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Holy F&%!

This is really the only XB league I pay attention to...and DAMN!

[​IMG]

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

UCF-17
    CMU-26

After forcing to chippewas to punt the opening drive it looked like UCF was just going to walk over them as they broke a long punt return. A few plays later Johnson walked into the endzone. CMU would answer back hitting Harris for a long pass when coach Baggett saw that it that the FS came to close the LOS to help dbl himand audible harris to a streak setting up freshman HB Byrd for a 8 yrd score. Later in the 1st Radcliff would hit Wilson on a screen and Wilson would take it 45 yrds for the score.

2nd qtr started the sloppy play as both offenses would play hot potato, but CMU would nail the knights at their own 1 setting up a safety with 1 min left in the qtr. CMU got the ball and got another 3 pts before the half ended to go up 19-7 at the break.

UCF would answer with a 47 yrd TD pass to mcduffie to get within 5. UCF added a fg in the 4th to make it a 2 point game. The biggest play came a couple minutes later when the knights stopped the CMU to a chip shot FG, but after the K a UCF player would be penalized for running into the kicker setting up a 4 yrd td run by Byrd to go ip 2 scores.. final score 26-17

GG Bond

21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I literally spit out every cuss word I could think of and probably even made up a few after this happened. I've never been so pissed. Instead of getting the ball back down by 5, I'm down 9 and it was all over from there.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I forgot:

UTEP - 41
    New Mexico - 31

The game started off with a bang, with Marlon McClure taking a field goal that fell short back 105 yards. The excitement on the UTEP sideline didn't last long as New Mexico scored about 30 seconds later with a 60 yard strike to Deon Long. Not to be deterred, UTEP answered back with a 60 yard bomb of their own. New Mexico scored again quickly to tie the game up at 14. On the next drive UTEP starter Nick Lamaison was injured for the game with a concussion and Carson Meger stepped under center for the Miners. From there, it was the Meger show, he threw 18 times for 214 yards and 3 touchdowns to put New Mexico away. New Mexico scored 14 to get within 7, but a late UTEP field goal slammed the door.

Nick Lamaison - 5/6 98 1 TD
    Carson Meger - 13/18 214 3 TD/1 INT
    Leilyon Meyer - 18 - 61 yards
    Marlon McClure - 4 catches for 134 yards 2 TD

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Bowling Green 30, Colorado St 25

[​IMG]

The Falcons open the season with a strong road performance.

Bowling Green flexed their muscles on a near flawless offensive day, deploying a successful ground and air attack against the Rams. It was fortunate they were able to get the ball moving as the Falcon's defensive unit decided to let Colorado State back into the game late in the 4th quarter.

HB Jordan Hopgood was knocked out of the game with a concussion. When backup HB Jon Pettigrew strapped up to go into the game, Offensive Coordinator Ron Hurst didn't have the slightest bit of worry on his face. "Jon has done this for us before." says Coach Hurst. "Time and time again we call upon Jon in big moments. He never disappoints." It seemed to never cross his mind either, Pettigrew lit the Rams defense up to the tune of 169 yards on just 21 carries - knocking out 2 TDs in the process.

QB Matt Shilz felt the freedom that any QB would have with a strong, established running game. His day was actually better than his stats show as a couple dropped passes only left him 9 for 15 on the day with 225 yards through the air. True frosh WRs Willie Thomas and Skip Seward both played significant roles with three receptions between the two of them. The true star was slot sophomore WR Herve Coby, who caught two really long passes to pad his stats up to 169 yards receiving. This young WR corps should only develop a better repoire with QB Matt Schilz as the season goes on.

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

msu 7
    cmu 20

Alot of talk coming into this game as MSU lossed last year to the underdog chippawas. The spartans coming in ranked #16 was talking all week that last year was just a fluke and they would destroy CMU this time to proove thier point. The CMU Defense had none of that holding the spartans to 52 yds passing and 127 total offense. Spartans QB Maxwell was running for his life getting sacked 5 times. CMU did give up nearly 100 yrds to bell, but most of it came early on a 58 yrd run setting up their only points. For CMu Byrd became the 1st player under coach Bbj to go over 100 in back to back games.

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    UTEP - 27
    WKU - 24

My offense played well enough to win but my defense was absolutely awful. WKU came back to tie the game with less than a minute and I couldn't get into field goal range to win in regular time. After a 3 and out in overtime, WKU missed the field goal. UTEP played it safe and ran three plays inside and kicked the 25 yard field goal to win.