Season 2 scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Aug 16, 2011.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Fresno Takes Care Of Buisness!

FSU 58 vs FCS SE 0

They came they saw they kicked ass. This was a nice start to the season as the Fresno State Offense set the tone early scoring 28 1st qtr points under newly anointed QB RS SO Greg Watson. Watson went 8-12 for 157 yards and 3 td's. Hooking up with Freshman sensation Tommy Nichols for an 80 yard TD on the second play of the game a Play Action pass that left the SE defender wondering what happened. Nichols was not done as he ended the day with 4 catches for 193 yards and 3 TD's in the 1st half. SR RB Robbie Rouse had a pretty good day too as he went for 161 yards and 2 TD's on 7 carries. The offense racked up 604 yards two backs broke the century mark and FR FB Jason Whitworth (6'1" 268 lbs) made a huge impression rushing for 39 yards in mop up duty with a couple of 12 yard runs where he looked for contact and ran over the defender. Next up for Fresno State is a home game against UCF.

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Mean Green shock #6 LSU in season opener

The North Texas Mean Green traveled to Baton Rouge and put on an offensive display, outscoring the Tigers 42-39. QB John Dodson had the game of his career, throwing for 300 yards and four touchdowns against a talented LSU defense, while not turning the ball over once. Brelan Chancellor led the receiving core with seven catches for 163 yards and two touchdowns. This is a great start to Coach RyanC's career with the Mean Green.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

MaxATX34
    sorry Ryan we need a slider bump if NT beat #6 LSU in baton Rouge for christs sake

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I played out of my mind. And the defense came alive in the second, I thought I was out of it in the first quarter. Also, NT has a top level QB.

5. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

#9 Alabama 51
    #24 Baylor 35

It was a shootout in T-Town and the hometown Tide came out on top. Baylor's offense took to the air during this game and put up an amazing 534 yards, but was set back by 7 turnovers and 4 sacks. Next week the Bears will take on Coach Miller's former team Southern Miss back at home in Waco, TX.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Back in town. I'll get my game in tonight unless Max pulls one over on me and advances before then. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

agreed. im going to adjust them and theyll take effect in Week 2. Maybe go up to heisman

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

yes heisman please

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

still..

10. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

[​IMG]

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Miami (OH) - 34
    North Texas - 38

Incredible game, he went up by 3 with about 25 seconds left, and I drove down to about the 48 yards line with 6 seconds left. QB John Dodson heaves up a prayer that is answered when WR Tyler Stradford pulls down the deflection with no time left on the clock.

The win moves NT to 2-0 on the season with wins over two talented squads.

The Miracle Pass:

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I forgot to change the sliders in week one. I'm thinking I will help the CPU defense and lower the human pass rush. Any changes will be minor though. One or two ticks either higher or lower. I will see if we can get a good game from aa with sliders this season. If we are still destroying the CPU then we can talk heisman for year three.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

San Jose State Defense Dominates FCS SE 58-7

[​IMG]

The defense was alive and well today, snagging 4 interceptions and returning two for touchdowns vs the Cobras. The Spartan D only surrendered 210 yards of offense, much of which was given up after the starters were pulled and linebackers were playing CB for whatever reason. New defensive coordinator Tyler Kasperson was pleased with his teams performance.​

"Our defense looked good today. We executed our scheme and the kids did what we asked. Guys were making plays, and I think we have a few who can really thrive in the system we are implementing here. I was really impressed with our redzone defense. They got into the redzone something like 4 times I think, and they only scored once. I would have preferred that score to be a field goal and not 6, but its something we can work on."​

A little about the new defensive coach: Coach Kasper moved to San Jose State as it was his only coordinating offer at the FBS level. He spent the last few years coordinating for FCS South Dakota State, and led a solid Jackrabbit defense year in and year our while also putting several defensive players into the NFL. Expectations aren't terribly high for the Spartans, so the lack of pressure to do great could really benefit this team and keep them relaxed and playing well.​

Quotes​

"We played pretty good, we may need to work on our pass defense as teams like Hawaii will shred us if we don't sharpen up."​
    Junior linebacker Keith Smith​

"Nothing against the QB we went up against today, but good teams aren't going to throw it to us 4 times. We can't give up yardage through the air because better teams will march it on us if it doesn't get better."
    Coach Kasper​

Defensive Stat Leaders​
    CB Ronnie Yell - 6 tkls, TFL, INT TD​
    LB Keith Smith - 5 tkls, 2 TFL, Sack​
    SS Damon Ogburn - 3 tkls, 2 INT, 1 for TD​

Play of the Game​

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

FUCK THIS GAME
    31-28 Fresno loses!!!

I feel like I just got robbed by the computer 31-28. With a 21-14 lead in the 4th QTR my kicker missed his 2nd 40+ yard field goal(42,43) with under 5 min to play. My D intercepts them I run 3 plays to run the clock to under 2:30 left and my kicker missed a 3rd FG(The computer kicked all three). So UCF drives down the field scores a TD with 1:45 left missed the XP so they have to go for the onside kick yeah they fucking recover and then score in 2 plays to leave me 52 seconds(they go for 2 and get it). So I am now down 7 I run a flanker dig my WR is open over the top their FS takes a bad angle and I complete it to tie it up with 32 seconds left WTF the CPU scores a 25 yard FG to end the game. Mind you in CC you are only able to control your side of the ball why in past games did I get to kick XP and FG in close games but not in this one? I just wanted to hear for some other people how the CPU might have Robbed you. MISSED XP SO THEY HAVE TO GO ONSIDE KICK how did they cook that one up.........​

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

San Jose State 34 Navy 10

Lack of execution by Navy in an option offense that requires precision was the story of this one. Messed up pitches being returned for defensive scores and a couple interceptions were too much for Navy to overcome, while SJSU capitalized on the turnovers to roll up 34 points. The Spartan offense was efficient, gaining 366 yards, 201 on the ground alone.

I wouldn't mind harder sliders, I'm D+ across the board and I beat a C something team 34-10?

• Like Like x 1
  16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Miami(OH) bounces back after deflating loss to NT with a 44-14 drubbing of Army.

Coach makin called a good game, but the Black Knights were outmatched across the board.

It was relatively close until a 21 point 4th quarter made this one a blowout.

(RS)Senior QB Zach Dysert completed passes to 8 different targets and threw 2TDs. The run game was clicking and breaking big-gainers. The story of the game was the Miami(OH) defense that confounded Army all game, forcing 5 Interceptions from Steelman.

Next week the RedHawks take on their hated rival, Ohio.

Vids up on Dynasy Wire

GG makinpropel

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

San Jose State 0 Colorado State 28

Rough day for the Spartans as CSU dominated the SJSU offense- shutting them out for four quarters. On defense, it seemed every call the Spartans made the Rams had the perfect answer. Not a lot to say about the game, as it was just a rough game and a poor showing in front of the home crowd.

I'm looking for the offense to play a lot better next game. We may be D+ across the board, but CSU isn't 28-0 better then us..

18. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

NC St. finally played like they had a pair last night as the take down the Thundering Herd 38-9.

Wolfpack struck first on a M. Glennon scamper from 6 yards out after his first two reads were blanketed in the endzone and was lucky to make it in. Marshall struck back as the first quarter ended and tacked 3 points on with a 32 yard FG from Olson.

2nd quarter saw only one score on a pass from Glennon to Underwood. It also saw a huge coaching mistake from NC St. as they let the half end while on Marshalls 10 yard line. The coaching staff was completely oblivious to the clock and never even used any of its 3 timeouts.

NC St. came out in the second half and took the KO and drove down capping the drive off with a 4 yard rush from Greene. As NC st was driving to put the game away Glennon lobbed a pass out in the flats the was picked off by CB Roberts and taken 72 yards to pay dirt giving the Herd some life.

As the 4th quarter started though FS Bishop retrurned the favor for the Wolfpack has he took a pick 72 yards. State adds a late FG and TD when Marshall had to go for it on their own 20 with just over 2 minutes left and weren't able to convert.

Final Score - NC St. 38 Marshall 9

Player of Game:

Greene - 164 yards, 2 TD's

Good Game Newcomer and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

How do you feel about the sliders now? haha just kidding. It is a work in progress. I still havent made any changes yet. Im thinking it will be necessary once more people start becoming head coaches.

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'd think you should implement things before everyone has moved on. Otherwise someone will cry out that it's tougher for them as a coordinator than someone who is a head coach. Just a timing thing, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thats a very good point..hell i'll even like your post its such a good point.

• Like Like x 1
  22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nice. It will probably me that is crying about it. haha

23. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Alright, I will make a few minor changes to help the CPU out. They will take effect next week (When we advance to week 6)

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

You bitches suck all these changes mess with my head. I almost talk myself into a conspiracy theory that the CPU is out to get me.

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

sorry I must have missed this WTF is it?