Season 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bringbackjimmy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

post them here

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    35-28 Arizona over LSU. This was a wild game.

Before halftime I threw 3 picks in a row...LSU got up 28-10 including a FG (I swear BBJ felt bad for me settling for a FG after picking me off 3 times n a spam of a minute).

Well 2nd half was different. Our passing game was on point. And we scored 25 unanswered points and picked off LSU QB's 8 times.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

:eek:
    That looks like my passing game :D

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

my most dreadful performance i believe in any version of ncaa..yesterday was not a good day for me. My ankle for some reason swelled up and i couldn't even walk then i lost my tmfl game. then this game almost made me violently ill, because when i wasn't throwing to Mo's team my guys were letting wide open passes bounce right off their helmets. I was totally going brian kelly on them on the side line. then i lost to Oregon...just a bad day..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

NCAA has made me violently ill recently. True story.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Rather insane game in Austin...Texas wins in triple OT over the Ducks (I cant even remember the score 53-51 or something like that). I dont know where to begin. The big mo (not you Mo) change when Texas returned a fumble on a scrambling Oregon QB for a TD. From there, it was back and forth. Both teams scored TD's in the first 2 OT's. Oregon scored a TD in the 3rd OT. Having to go for 2, the Ducks threw a pass that was returned for 2 points by the Longhorns. So, a TD from Texas would win. On 4th and something (I cant remember), UT hit an open man in the end zone for the game winner. BRUCE80 great game...first time I believe we have played which is shocking since we both live on the west coast! Good luck the rest of the way!

• Like Like x 2
  7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

GG Recchem, tough one to lose, we seamed to be in control and driving for another score when Thomas fumbled and it was returned about 75 yards for a td...that seemed to wake the Horns up and from there on out it was tough sledding for us.

We did manage to claw back and hit a 47 yd iced FG to tie and send it to OT..proud of the effort, not of the outcome!

You played a great game honestly and we had no answer for your outside WRs they are big fast and strong...out muscled our smallish DBs for the ball when it mattered most.

8. Baron

Buckeyes D Comes Up Huge Against Zona
    INTs propel Bucks to 30-17 Win

After opening season loss against Georgia, the Buckeyes were staring a 1-2 start if they couldn't deal with another quality nonconference opponent. But the Arizona Wildcats were coming to Columbus.

The Buckeyes started the game off with two straight FGs by Drew Basil, 45 and 39 yards, with the defense shutting down the Zona attack. And the Buckeyes offense showed up in the first quarter, as Braxton Miller hit TE Jake Stoneburner for a 59 yard bomb for the score. A two point conversion was good giving the Buckeyes a 14-0 nothing lead.

But the second quarter would be turnover laden for both teams. "Honestly I thought Braxton [Miller] started the game off really well. But then he got into some bad habits, and started turning the ball over." But the Ohio State D was up to the challenge, for the most part, before allowing Zona's first score, a 10 yard rush by Greg Nwoko. But the Buckeyes were able to go into the half, up 14-7.

The Buckeyes D came out roaring against the Wildcats, as three straight sacks to open the half, resulted in a safety, as DT Adam Bellamy sacked Zona QB, Daxx Garman in the endzone. A Zona field goal would bring the Wildcats within a single score. But on their next drive, CJ Barnett would pick off Garman yet again (Garman was 24-39, 290 yards, with 1 TD and 4 INTs) and take it all the way, 68 yards for the score, giving the Buckeyes a 23-16 lead.

The Buckeyes harried Garman all day, and on a zone blitz on the next drive, DE John Simon would get his first career INT. The INT would give the Buckeyes great field position, which they would capitalize on with a 4 yard TD rush by Zach Boren.

The 4th quarter was a game of keep away, as the Buckeyes tried to run out the clock. But Zona would get one more score, with Garman hitting Dan Buckner from 29 yards out.

Miller finished with 99 yards, a TD, 3 INTs on 5 of 15 passing. Jordan Hall would lead all rushers with 111 yards on 19 carries. The Wildcats will face Oregon while the Buckeyes take on Big Ten conference foe Minnesota.

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

LOCS2Wk3.JPG

Very fun game. My D played lights out and really limited Legend's rushing attack. 5 turnovers to 1 was the difference maker. Each team had a pick 6. I'm about to run out the door but I'll update some tomorrow. GG Legend.

10. Baron

Buckeyes Win Big over Minnesota
    Crush Gophers 55-3

The Buckeyes did everything they needed to against the Golden Gophers of Minnesota, outplaying them in every facet of the game. "Frankly it's what we expect to do, at home, with the talent we have," Coach Baron said. Braxton Miller had one of his best games, other than two inconsequential interceptions, he threw for 290 yards and 4 scores on 16 of 26 passing. The Buckeyes ground game was relatively pedestrian with Carlos Hyde and Jordan Hall rushing for 68 and 62 yards respectively, both scoring.

It did take the Buckeyes awhile to get on the board, as the Gophers held an early 3-0 lead before Miller threw his first touchdown of the day to WR Corey Brown from 7 yards out at the 2:21 mark in the 1st quarter. From there it was all Buckeyes. The play of the day coming as Minnesota tried a long pass to end the half that was picked off by SS Orhian Johnson and returned 48 yards for the score. Letting the Buckeyes go into Halftime up 31-3. Backups were in to start the 4th quarter as the Bucks ran out the clock.

The Buckeyes will travel to Michigan State next week.

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

#8 UF - 45
    UK - 6

Hated to do this to my beloved Wildcats but the Gators were just too much to handle. Florida improves to 3-0 on the year.

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

LOCS2Wk7.JPG
    LOCS2Wk7TS.JPG

Very ugly game in Death Valley. The rain was coming down and both teams were sloppy. Very little consistent offense for either team in this game. Florida forced an extra turnover and had a few more big plays allowing them to squeak past for the win. GG bringbackjimmy

13. Baron

Buckeyes Survive Late Gator Comeback
    Defense leads OSU over UF, 24-17

The Ohio State Buckeyes got their biggest win of the season over top ranked Florida, 24-17 in Columbus. The defense led the way, containing an explosive Florida attack and getting timely turnovers to swing the balance their way.​

The offense had its share of turnovers, with one Braxton Miller INT, and two fumbles. The first of which came on the opening drive but the Buckeyes managed a three and out. They were then able to march down the field and score on a 1 yard Jordan Hall rush to give them the opening score, 7-0.​

The next Florida possession would see them march down the field all the way to the Buckeyes five. But a pass by UF QB Jeff Driskel was picked off by CB Travis Howard and taken 95 yards for the score. "That was huge," Head Coach Baron said. "That's a 14 point swing in just one play. Looked like things were going to be all knotted up, but then Trav steps in front and sprints to the end zone."​

The Buckeyes D would keep the the UF offense in check, keeping them off the board in the first half. Hall would continue his impressive game and score late in the 3rd, giving the Buckeyes a 21-0 lead. "I could tell our guys started slacking then, and I tried to tell um that we couldn't just piss this one away. We nearly did."​

A Kyle Christy 33 yard field goal at the end of the 3rd finally got the Gators on the board. They would then score on a 37 yard pass from Driskel to WR Frankie Hammond to bring them within 21-10. But the Buckeyes offense would then burn more than 3 minutes off the clock on a methodical drive, that, was ultimately stopped at the 38. "I thought Stoneburner had the seam down the middle before we had to kick the FG, but he didn't even look for the ball." But a 55 yard FG from Drew Basil, who missed a 56 yarder earlier in the game on a bad angle, was right down the middle, giving the Buckeyes a two score lead with little time left.​

The Gators managed to score yet again with 51 seconds left, on a FB Trey Burton yard run. But the Buckeyes managed to recover the onside. Kneeling the ball, however, still gave UF 1 second left after the punt. The pass from Driskel at his own 20 was batted down, giving the Buckeyes their first marquee win of the season.​

"Couple more minutes and I'm not sure we win this one," said Baron.​

Jordan Hall was the player of the game with 100 yards rushing on 26 carries and 2 TD's. Travis Howard had the play of the game with his 95 yard INT return for a touchdown. Braxton Miller was 13 of 21 for 155 yards and an INT.​

The Buckeyes will travel to Purdue next weekend as the Gators face Georgia.​

14. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

GG Bro. The horseshoe got to Driskel. That pick 6 hurt bad.

15. Baron

Buckeyes Barely Best Badgers
    OSU wins close against Wisconsin, 20-17

The Horseshoe played host to another monumental clash as the #4 Buckeyes hosted #3 Wisconsin. The game was a hard fought struggle with both defenses playing at a high level to keep points off the board. "We always seem to have these nail biters against the good teams at home," said Coach Baron.​

But some offense did manage to breakthrough, and the Buckeyes Jordan Hall was the first to do it, scoring late in the 1st on a 21 yard rush. Hall, who had been the work horses for the Buckeyes all season would otherwise be contained for the game, rushing for only 76 yards on 13 attempts. "That's about a good anyone's contained him all season."​

The Buckeyes D would continue to clamp down on the Badger running game, and a Drew Basil 38 yard field goal in the 2nd would give the Buckeyes a double digit lead. But Wisconsin would orchestrate an excellent two minute drill and drive down the field. But they'd be stopped just short of the goal line and have to settle for a 30 yard field goal. Chauncey McKenzie had missed an earlier field goal from short range.​

With 17 seconds left and all 3 timeouts Coach Baron opted to be aggressive. "I figured, we get the ball back and if we're chucking it deep, there's less chance of a pick six. Mainly, I figured we'd be able to respond in the 2nd half if we messed up going for it with that few time left."​

A Braxton miller 20 yard scramble would set the Buckeyes up at midfield with 3 seconds left. "Drew's good, and he's got a leg, but I didn't like his odds that far out." So with one play left, the Buckeyes called a Hail Mary and Corey Brown managed to get behind the Badger secondary, catching an improbably 50 yard bomb for the score.​

Down two scores and facing a potential 3 TD deficit in the second half, the Badgers came out roaring, clamping down hard on the Buckeyes and finally reaching pay dirt on a James White 42 yard rush.​

The Buckeyes failed to score in the 3rd but immediately into the 4th, got another excellent kick from Basil from 45 yards out.​

But the Badgers refused to go quietly, as their hurry up offense led to a 16 yard TD pass from Jon Budmayr to Jevon Powell with 1:03 left in the game. Unfortunately for the Badgers, Jake Stoneburner recovered the onside, and with Wisconsin having only 2 timeouts, were able to drain the last few seconds off the clock.​

"Huge win for us. A lot of things if they go differently, they win and we're talking about how close we came." said Baron.​

16. Baron

Buckeyes Scrape Past Hawkeyes in NC Game
    Hall Rushes for 300+ yards 1 TD as Bucks win 35-28

The Ohio State Buckeyes are once again National Champions as Junior Running Back Jordan Hall rushed for an insane 302 yards and a score on 23 carries. A jubilant Coach Baron told reporters afterwards that, "The passing game wasn't getting it done. Jordan did all the leg work, but Braxton, thankfully, despite throwing those picks, he was able to help close it out when Iowa started crowding the box down at the goalline." Miller salvaged an otherwise horrible night (9-20 passing with 4 INTs) by throwing 3 TD passes to Chris Fields, Corey Brown, and Jake Stoneburner.​

The Buckeyes D held the Hawkeyes to an early opening field goal. Hall wasted no time taking the Buckeyes first play from scrimmage 81 yards on a simple dive play for the score. "He really used his blocks well on that one, did it all night."​

The Buckeyes would score just as the quarter ended as Miller hit Fields from 11 yards out. "He honestly probably shouldn't have thrown that ball, but the Iowa DB misjudged it and Fields caught it."​

But the second quarter was all Hawkeyes as Miller threw three of his picks in that quarter and misjudged an option pitch to Hall that was taken by Tanner Miller 40 yards for a score. "Braxton didn't hang his head though, so that was good." But that Miller TD and a 2 yard TD pass from James Vandenberg to Keenan Davis combined with a Mike Meyer 41 yard FG let the Hawkeyes go into Halftime up, 20-14.​

But Miller came right out of the gate, firing on all cylinders as he found Brown wide open on a 44 yard TD. "First, they line up in a 4-3 when we go five wide, then they blitz BOTH corners?" Baron said shaking his head.​

Iowa would hit right back, as Vandenberg would find TE CJ Fiedorowicz for 33 yards and the score. The Hawkeye 2 pt conversion would be good, giving them a 28-21 lead at the end of the half.​

Ohio State would open the scoring with a 5 yard TD rush from Zach Boren. "Touchdown Vulture," a grinning Jordan Hall said after the game.​

With the game tied at 28 all, the Buckeyes then got the ball back immediately on a Dominic Clarke INT. Aided by Hall's stellar running, the Buckeyes marched all the way down to the Iowa 5 once more. Lining up in a goalline formation, the Hawkeyes failed to cover Jake Stoneburner, and Miller zipped him a quick pass for the score and the lead.​

But with plenty of time on the clock, Iowa still had an opportunity to make something happen. But their subsequent drive would stall, and they would be forced to punt it away with 4 minutes left. The punt would be downed at the Ohio State 5. "That can be tricky, it really can, but we came out and went right to work."​

The Buckeyes, aided by some timely passing by Miller, including a 10 yard scramble on a third down, marched all the way down the field, draining the clock and taking away all three of Iowa's timeouts. Then Coach Baron opted to kneel the ball with 38 seconds remaining, despite being at the Iowa 5.​

The Buckeyes finish the season National and Big Ten Champions, on a 13 game win streak. They'll look to contend next season with integral pieces returning.​

17. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Nebraska thumps Auburn to finish 11-2 for the year!
    Seniors take center stage and show support for the interim head coach with a big victory.
    After the unexpected retirement of their head coach most people didn't know what they would get out of Nebraska in their Gator Bowl match-up with Auburn. Many experts predicted a letdown under interim HC Neal Hennessy but that wasnt to be the case.

Nebraska came into this game fired up. They played stellar on both sides of the ball on the way to a 35-0 halftime lead. Senior HB Rex Burkhead said goodbye to Cornhusker fans by running for 4 first half TDs. The Black Shirts were ready for Auburns spread no-huddle and registered 7 sacks to go along with 3 interceptions, 2 by Senior Free Safety Daimion Stafford.

Nebraska subbed in the second team early in the third quarter and cruised to a 38-7 win on a rainy afternoon. Shortly after the victory Nebraska's AD issued a press release confirming that the school had formally offered the Head Coaching job to Coach Hennessy and he had accepted. We'll keep our eyes on this team next year to see if this young coach can turn Gator Bowl heroics into season long success.

18. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Dizzle's Coaching Debut a Cotton Bowl Victory

ARLINGTON - It's not often you see a new Head Coach take over his team for a bowl game and pull out the victory, but that's exactly what new University of Florida Head Coach Chuck Dizzle did. After a couple years of mediocrity under Will Mushamp, UF AD Jeremy Foley made the surprise move of dumping him at season's end in favor of little known UF Grad Chuck Dizzle. Dizzle is off to a good start as his Gators easily handled the Kansas Jayhawks in the Cotton Bowl Classic 35-7. The Gators scored the first 3 TD's of the game and never looked back. After the win Dizzle exclaimed, "I've got nothing against WIll Muschamp, but let's face it . . . a Georgia alum has no business at the helm of this school. What can I say? It's great to be a Florida Gator." Quarterback Jeff Driskel was ordinary going 10-26 for 116 yards and two scores, but Mike Gillislee ran for 114 yards in his final game as a Gator as the team racked up 198 yards on the ground. With the bowl victory, the 16th ranked Gators conclude their year with a 9-4 record.​

19. Baron

Buckeyes D Stymies Trojans
    Buckeyes pickoff Trojans en route to 34-7 victory
    A week after their loss to LSU in the season opener, with head coach Baron fielded questions about whether or not the shift to the 3-4 was prudent, the Buckeyes roared back to an impressive win over #2 USC, 34-7. "Our defense came to play today. We pressured their QBs all day long, and when the ball was in the air we made plays." The Buckeyes D had four sacks on the night, including one apiece by all three defensive linemen. They also picked off each Trojan QB three times for 6 INTs.​
    But things didn't start off that well for the Buckeyes defense as they gave up a 30 yard TD pass from Jesse Scroggins to a wide open George Farmer. "We were in a Cover 2 look and [redshirt freshman MLB] Anthony [Sapp] didn't sink enough so he was wide open."​
    The Buckeyes offense was not moving at all, but did manage to get in position for a 32 yard Pat Parks field goal to get on the board.​
    The 2nd quarter would be all Buckeyes, however, as Braxton Miller would hit Chris Fields from 18 yards out to give the Buckeyes the lead that they would not relinquish. The Buckeyes D would stymy the Trojans throughout the second quarter. Opting to be aggressive, Baron called a timeout with a minute left to get the ball back. Miller would march the Buckeyes down the field, all the way to the one with only 4 seconds remaining in the half. Jordan Hall would score on the toss as the USC defense crowded the middle, letting him stroll into the endzone, giving the buckeyes a 17-7 lead.​
    Another interception would negate the USC advantage of getting the ball back. A 51 yard touchdown pass from Miller to Corey Brown would give the Buckeyes a 17 point lead. "They brought the house on that third and short, and Brown just beat his man on the short drag route and ran the rest of the way," said Baron.​
    Another Parks field goal, this time from 44 yards out) and a touchdown by Adam Homan in the 4th quarter would give the game its final score. USC would threaten inside the redzone but INTs would give the ball back.​
    "I think even more impressive was our run defense. Granted they only ran 17 times, but 0 yards rushing against your defense is good any day," said Baron.​
    Things get a bit easier for the Buckeyes as they will have a bye before heading to Central Michigan in Week 4. USC will hope to rebound as they host BYU next week.​

• Like Like x 1
  20. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Georgia takes down Texas thanks to some solid defense. We held the Longhorns to 7 points, FS Bacarri Rambo had 2 picks. Aaron Murray threw for 317 yds and 3 TD. Isaiah Crowell ran for 107 yds and a TD.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

GG Hotrod...I think that goal line stand on my opening drive of the 3rd quarter really set me back...what could have been a 14-14 game went to 21-7 as you marched down the field. Some great user picks by you too! I could have sworn I had that guy open on the long out route :mad: