Season 2 Scores

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Season 2 Scores

Figured it might be cool to do a thread like the TF leagues so that people can become a little more active without writing an article for every single game if they choose not to. It would be nice to get some chatter going about not only your games, but the other scores. Basically, just post your score and a few sentences about the game, and then go write your article if you choose to do so afterwards.

We'll see how it works out.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Week 5

Florida - 35
    Alabama - 14

The Gators defense was monstrous today! Only one touchdown late in the game given up (their other score was on an INT return), and I believe we also held Alabama to just 2 or 3 of 14 on 3rd downs. The big key was taking Julio Jones out of the game. He only had a couple of catches.

Offense was tough to come by, but Brantley had a good game passing again. One pick was returned for a touchdown that came off a deflection by my WR Debose (grrrrr), and another was a good play by a Bama defender. Demps struggled to get going but still had over 100 yards and 2 TD, and also had 50 receiving yards. Hopefully he can bust out here at some point and assert himself as a Heisman candidate.

Up next is a bye week before LSU and BRUCE80 comes to town.

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I think I saw Demps on the Heisman top 5. Michael Floyd was on there too. Don't like my chances of getting him back for a senior season.

ND beat Stanford at home 56-21. 2 kickoff return TD's (one for each team). Clausen threw 3 first half interceptions (I was not very focused, and was trying out some new plays), but other than that had a solid game.

I owe some recruiting news and a couple other things on the board. Heading out of town in the morning for ND-USC, though. Hoping things get back to normal after Sunday and I'll get caught up early next week. I had about 15 visitors in for the Stanford game this week, so hopefully I'll have a bunch of commits when the weeks turns.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Demps is in the top 5, but I am not liking his chances unless he has a couple of monster (250 rush yds, 75 rec yds, 4 td) type games.

I responded to your recruiting talk in the new recruiting discussion thread, by the way.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

#16 3-0 Wisconsin 31
    #9 2-1 Penn St. 34

Penn St. was in a battle to the end in this one. State needed to take the ball 60 yards in the last 2 minutes to score on a pass from the back QB to take the lead with 35 seconds left.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Holy shit man! Way to pull that one out. Wisco used to be user-controlled, and those teams are ALWAYS tough since they didn't have the dum-dum CPU recruiting for them.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Keep in mid that the dum-dum CPU netted PSU about 4 :5stars:and 9 or so :4stars: so they're not always that dumb.

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Wk 6

#3 Oklahoma 35
    #9 Texas 38

Damn it!!!!!!!! It was one of those games you can tell from the start it's going to be hard to win...Long story short, I trailed the whole game until the start of the 4th when I took a 28-24 lead only to see UT take the kick off back for a freakin' TD...OMG! Then, on my next possession Bradford throws a dying duck that is picked and taken to the barn for a Pick 6. Game over...I scored once more to bring me within 3 but the onside kick attempt didn't even come close to working. I lose.

I had about 10-12 kids in to see the game and I freakin' lose...(!!!!)

9. jello1717

10. jello1717

I just noticed something weird about the game tonight between JFosh and myself. We tried twice to play. The first time it sat at the matchup screen forever. Eventually I got a "reconnect to the dynasty?" screen and it froze for me there. I had to go back to the dashboard and start over.

When the game was over, we both only got half Season Showdown points because we both "quit" the previous game. If you look at the dynasty headquarters, JFosh shows that his game with Michigan was started twice. If you look at me, it does not show that my game with PSU was started twice.

It's really weird that it shows 1 of us with a restart, but not both of us (especially since our season showdown stuff showed us both quitting the game).

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

#6 GT REBOUNDS FROM LAST YEARS LOSS TO NC.

GT Knocks off #16 NC 48-10....WRITE UP AND SCORES ON BLOG

12. jello1717

Michigan had another one of those freakin' games last night while hosting Purdue. It was beyond aggravating and I'm sure that my disgust for the game will come out when I write about it.

I know it was certainly still there when I was picking my 5 highlights for the game.................

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'm starting to feel that way more and more no matter what team I play with. There is something VERY weird about the way the CPU is playing right now (and this is spread over 4 dynasties).

I've just had games where everything that could go wrong has and it's incredibly frustrating.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It is a fact that EA has programmed one game per season that you will lose if you don't play perfectly. Now, I'm not sure whether that applies to Varsity difficulty or not, but it would seem as such.

15. jello1717

I'm in 3 dynasties and I only feel it in this one. This morning my "C" CSU team beat "B" BYU pretty handily while in my other dynasty, last night I played "one of those games" in reverse. My 10th ranked Tar Heels beat up a 6-5 Baylor team 56-0. That 56 is my high score with UNC and I put up 600 yards of offense (my highest ever in any dynasty) all while shutting them out too.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

#1 Florida - 45
    #7 LSU - 28

This one got out of hand early. 21-0 lead after one, 28-0 after one drive into the second quarter. 35-7 at half, where we loosened the reigns and just played zone so as to not let up any bombs.

Good game Russ. I'm feeling some payback in the SEC title game, unfortunately, haha!

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

We couldnt block the pressure the RDE from Florida is beastly. We tried to throw quick passes but were getting sacked or hit on everything.

Got down early and just stayed the course, had some success running the ball and blocking finally. Last play of the game was a td btw.. :D

GG

18. jello1717

19. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Nebraska 52 - Kansas State 14. The game at home against Texas next week is big for the Big 12 race.

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think that using the play-action pass that much is what caused 5 of those sacks. You should just be happy that he made it through the game, damn! He is gonna transfer to Army, too, if you don't get some more O-Line in there for him.

21. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Navy took their frustrations of barely beating FIU out on Virginia.

Navy - 47
    Virginia - 9

Andre Byrd finally broke the 100 yard mark!

Will link to the summary in my blog once I get it up (I'm like 2 games behind and it SUCKS!).

22. jello1717

In the vid, only 3 of the 5 sacks were on PA.

With EA's new focus on showing off Erin Andrews I'm seriously considering carrying 4 QBs (which I've never done in past NCAA games). In season 1 of this OD, Forcier missed over half the season. In year2 of my offline dynasty, Forcier is out for the season and my #2 guy is out for 4 weeks. If my #3 guy gets hurt, it looks like my best choices (~48 OVR) are a redshirting SS and a WR. The strongest arm between the 2 is 59.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

And I guessed that 5 of the 7 were off play action passes. I find that I have to abandon the PA pass when opposing lines are getting to me that quickly, because I can never get it off in time either.

I always seem to carry 4 quarterbacks. I try to have one 3*-type guy with a decent enough arm should apocalypse occur for me, ha. He will probably be content with being a backup, too, so that doesn't hurt.

24. jello1717

So have you been able to keep 4 without them always transferring away? I signed a 3* guy last year that'll be a career backup with the signing of Charles. I'd like to sign another since my QBs drop like flies in '10 but it seems like it'd be difficult to keep a 4th when he doesn't even make the bottom of the depth chart (hell, I couldn't even keep 3 last year even though they all played equal amounts of time during the year).

25. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

ND beat FSU in Tallahassee 45-29.

A good game that Amp clawed his way back into after a pick 6 on the last play of the first half put him down 28-7. ND got the ball first in the 2nd half, but FSU forced a punt and was able to close the gap to 9 before they ran out of time.

Play of the game might have been on the first possession. Amp took the ball first and moved right down the field. I can't remember who, but he threw to someone near the sideline who took the ball about 25 yards down to the 1 where FS Dan McCarthy delivered a big hit that popped the ball loose. Ball went into the endzone and out of bounds for a touchback. EA actually did the right thing and gave me the ball on the 20. I didn't see the fumble though and so I was a bit confused for a second when I realized I was on offense the next play.