Season 2 - Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Dru50, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

You know what to do.

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

This is going to be more of a rant than a summary. I got the short end of the stick on some Heisman shenanigans.

To start off, Mettenberger throws 2 picks in which both times CB Gilbert (88 ovr) was covering the outside receiver, stopped on a dime, and intercepted a pass intended for a completely other receiver (while in man). To add on to that, 3 times my line blatantly does not block one of the D-lineman for OSU, leading to 3 sacks, the third which knocks out my starter Mettenberger. So in comes Rivers. My fault now, I panicked when the play I didn't call is being played, throw another interception, and what do you know its 24-0 in the first half.

Second half we finally got things going with TD passes from 84 and 45 yards away. 2 more TD's and we're up 28-24. After a trade of TD's, OSU has the ball with under 1:15 to go needing a TD to win. On 4th down my CB (who I cant see cause of EA's screwy screen) gets called for offsides cause OSU is running the no huddle. He is literally "jogging" back on a replay that I saw. The clincher is on the last play, my CB bumps the WR and runs with him. Then my CB starts "drifting" towards the middle of the field, while the WR runs straight and breaks into an out route. It's man coverage, WR is wide open, and OSU scores with no time left, and I am left in utter distraught.

This may seem like bitching. I dont know. Hitting the crossbar on a 51 yd FG attempt didnt help. But I'll take my loss like a man.

Oklahoma St 38 - #6 LSU 35

3. Dru50

MexiRican35 if you vote to keep playing on Heisman you aren't allowed to complain about "Heisman shenanigans".;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#20 V. Tech 18
    Alabama 28

ALABAMA HAS A QUARTERBACK! Phillip Ely came off the bench early in the second quarter and established himself as the starter of the team. In the first quarter McCarron struggled throwing one pick and was sacked four times as the Tide simply had no answers for the Hookies pass rush. In the second quarter Coach Mike F'NG Leach brought in Phillip Ely who led the club to a touchdown off a John Fulton interception. V. Tech would respond with a touchdown of their near the end of the first half, but Ely would step throwing a 47 yard TD pass to DeAndrew White in the end zone as time expired to end the first half. In the second half, Ely step up and led the team on a 99 yard drive that ate over five minutes off the clock. Ely capped the drive off on a 12 yard TD run giving the Tide a 21-10 lead. On the Tide's next possession Eddie Lacey scored on a 12 yard TD run to give the Tide a commanding 28-10 lead with 2:12 remaining in the game. The Hookies were able to get a garbage touchdown, but this game was out of reach.

Bama Stats
    Throwing:
    Ely 9-13-131 yards 1 TD, 1 Int.

Rushing:
    Ely 14--74 yards 1 TD
    Lacey 14-45 yards, 1 TD

Receiving:
    DeAndrew White 4-74 yards, 1 TD

Defense
    Dee Milliner 5 Tackles, 1 Int.

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Haha. Had to call it something.

6. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

This is ridiculous... Not only do i not have my backup TE for a transfer bug... my best offensive player and starting TE is out for the year (Jordan Reed). I didnt even know who my third string TE was...

Then Utah cannot be tackled at all for an entire game. Driskel cant hit open receivers. Had it not been for 3 onside kick recovers this game was a disgrace to the U of F... I knew my team was bad but this could be a long long long year lol.

Utah 78
    Florida 60 (4TD in last 2 minutes)

7. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

So if this game had too many points im totally ok with throwing it out and simming :p lol

8. Dru50

Maybe a year on AA wouldn't have been so bad, huh?

9. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Lol no kidding...

I was not prepared to play this. Was trying to get it in before ex gf friends came over and took over the basement...

And it started ok. Jordan Reed was tearing them up... Then he didn't get back up.

Broken collarbone. After I just promised him a great year. Someone send me a TE lol

10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

At least we made it respectable lol...

I also like how they knelt on sexond down with 53 seconds left. (no timeouts)... Ran a running play off tackle on third down... Tackled short with 5 left.

Without calling a timeout...
    Lined up and tried kicking a FG on 4th (wide right). Time was still running.

11. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

-100 sportsmanship for Utah

• Like Like x 1
  12. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

My turn to bitch.

Cocks-40
    UNC-37

in double overtime

Granted, I didn't come in with my "game face" on and I'm pretty damn hungover, but the Tarheel D made my D look like amateur hour. Their front 4 was unblockable (highest rated one is mid 80s vs 4 out of 5 90s rated SC olinemen). They sacked Shaw 5 times, hurried him at least 6, forced 2 interceptions (one by a dlineman himself) and just caused all kinds of problems. Not to mention their CBs had no problem tackling 99 ovr Lattimore in the backfield. Meanwhile, my LBs literally let their RB run through the hole and right up to them on Draw plays before realizing they were playing a football game. The UNC offense consisted of Draws or Outs that got WIDE open every time.

Lattimore rushed 15 times for 53 yards and 1 TD. With his lack of speed and the way the game is set up, EA is fucking him hard. Lattimore DID actually lead the team in recieving with 9 catches for 133 with a long of 41 and 142 YAC.

1-0. Suck it Wyrmreaver

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

DirtycashDylan

V. Tech sacked McCarron 4 times in the first quarter. I knew I wasn't winning if I didn't change something. I put in my running qb and ran a lot of option plays. The DEs really never sat home, they about always went with the back.

14. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Dirty cash: at least your D didn't give up more points than the combined score of your game lol...

I have up points:
    Passing TD
    Rushing TD
    FG
    Defensively
    I even gave up 2 points on them returning a 2pt conversion...

Lol

15. Dru50

So what I'm hearing is that you can't run a standard offense on Heisman, you basically have to chuck it deep or run with the QB.....why are we playing on Heisman again?

16. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I don't believe this to be true. I actually don't remember too many deep balls in my CPU games last season. Will have to see if something changed when I get a crack at the cpu :)

17. Dru50

Go look at the stats of the week 1 games....they are freaking ludicrous. If this continues throughout the season we are going to try a season on AA next year....the stats in the games so far are borderline nfl blitz.

18. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I didn't throw deep very much last year either. I think I threw deep more this game than 3/4 my season...

Heisman is frustrating but I like that we can lose...

19. Dru50

Here is the issue I'm seeing:

South Carolina - Connor Shaw got sacked 5 times. If you assume that each one is at least 5-6 yards, he lost about 30 yards on sacks. In his remaining 6 carries, he gained approximately 59 yards as he had 29 yards rushing on the day. That means that he outrushed Marcus Lattimore, who is only the best back in the nation running behind an OL filled with guys rated 90+. Lattimore averaged just over 3 yards a carry against a decent UNC defense, but not a great defense.

Florida - granted they were behind, but they threw for 658 yards on 25 completions! Even taking into account that user yards per attempt is always high, that is just crazy, and the biggest reason is that the Florida A+ rated defense (97 OVR) couldn't slow down Utah. Granted, Utah is a good offense, but that is not right. Their TE had 197 yards on 5 catches for 4 TDs, a 40 YPC average.

Alabama - Eddie Lacy, another great back running behind a great line, gets 45 yards on 14 carries and nearly gets doubled up in rushing by his QB.

Arkansas - Another team that averaged nearly 30 yards per attempt in a game where the CPU apparently couldn't be stopped. They had a slot WR get 298 yards and 3 TD's on only 9 catches for a 32 YPC average.

Here is my concern - I don't think it is a good idea to have games where users have to resort to questionable tactics to beat the CPU, which obviously is happening in week 1 based on the stats of a couple of these games. This is one week, and may be an aberration, but if the trend continues we will be making some changes after the season.

20. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

That's fine but we'll have look at adjusting a few sliders because it should still be a challenge to beat the cpu and AA just doesn't give much of one at default. I beat MSU 10-7 last season and we had some low scoring cpu games so I don't see the issue, even with the inflated 1 or 2 game stats.

21. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas 52
    USC 48

Defense Not Included

Not much defense being played in Fayetteville. USC's punter never saw the field as both teams exchanged Scoring drives. The difference in the game: Arkansas Force a couple more FGs, and snagged interceptions on the final 2 USC drives.

In the first half, Arkansas came out with a balanced attack of run and pass. Occasional run stuffs and 8 frequent sacks forced the razorbacks to the air if they had any hope of catching the USC offense. Things looked with 15 seconds remaining in the first half and arkansas scoring to go up 7. Things turned quickly as USC broke a 75 yard run to end the first half. Then scored a FG to open the 3rd, followed by a Arkansas INT and another USC touchdown.

Down 10 late in the third Arkansas went to a no huddle, hoping more positions would mean more attempts to stop USC from scoring. After trading a few TDs Arkansas Finally got an INT and punched in the winning TD with 32 seconds left in the game. USC still dangerous with 32 seconds threw their second pick of the game to seal the victory for #1 Arkansas.

Returning the opening kickoff star WR Javontee Herndon sprained his shoulder and missed the game entirely. Kevin Hatcher took up the slack and piled up some huge yardage. Marqise Lee for USC was nearly unstoppable with his hands on the ball and USC running backs averaged nearly 10 yards a carry.

Some crazy stats:

Arkansas:

Brandon Mitchell 26/30 558 yards 6 TDs, 2 INTs
    Kevin Hatcher 9 rec 298 yards 3 TDs
    Julian Horton 5 rec 108 yards 3 TDs

USC:
    Cody Kessler 21/33 469 yards 4 TDs 2 INTs
    Marqise Lee 10 rec 241 yards 4 TDs
    George Farmer 14 carries 113 yards 1 TD
    DJ Morgan 10 carries 72 yards 1 TD

22. DirtycashDylan

I don't really want a challenging CPU if all the challenge comes from Heisman shenanigans, to be honest, especially since we are all in one conference and user games are the meat of our schedule.

23. DirtycashDylan

Two incompletions? (not counting the picks) That shit cray.

2 incompletions vs 560 yards passing

24. Dru50

We can discuss it, but if a challenging CPU means that we have to see batshit crazy stats, then I'll just schedule everyone with the little sisters of the poor out of conference. I think the CPU could be more challenging if guys weren't willing to rely on the 4-5 plays that work when they fall behind (which I'm sorry, but that had to have happened in some of these week 1 games with the numbers that were being put up).

If the choice is between a challenging CPU and relatively realistic statistics I'm going to choose the latter.

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I let that one get away from me a bit. Over all I think the defense problems and lack of yardage diversity may have been linked to playing the game when I was really tired at 2 am. I have been working on evenly distribute receptions without changing packages, and for the most part succeeded. 12 receptions to the outside WRs and 13 to the outside ( I lost my #1 WR for the game on the opening kickoff ). But I am clearly getting a ton more yards per catch on slot routes. Adjustments will be made.