Season 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BobJr, Aug 6, 2012.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Post'em!

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    TTU 35
    Central Michigan 10

Right out the gate was rocky for the Red Raiders. The Chippewas were able to edge out to a 10-0 lead after two interceptions by my southpaw QB. (Totally different feel with a lefty) QB Clayton Nicholas would catch fire though by the end of the 2nd quarter and it would carry the Raider offense through the rest of the game. Nicholas would hit WR Derek Edwards for 3 scores on the day, and he would throw another one to the speedster WR Wheeler. The defense was able to control the second half and really help the offense. DT Branden Jackson would lead the way. Next week NC State is up for TTU.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

KSU 34
    IU 17

Sams got the start and really make any mistakes, but after 3 straight 3 and outs we made the switch in the 2nd to freshman Callahan. Callahan would get things rolling driving a short field and hooking up with fellow freshman Scott Reed for a 8 yd td. After a long IU TD Callahan would go back to work and after a nice strike to stop the clock and get the cats closer to FG range he would find Reed gain on a 41 yd strike for another TD. In the 3rd Callahan would find thompson wide open(like 25 yds open) for a 55 yd TD.

Callahan 10/11 212yds 3td 1 int
    Hubert 18att 65yds 1TD
    Reed 5 rec 109yds 2 TD
    J.Sua 6tkl 4tfl 3.5sks

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Texas A&M 42, ULM 0

A&M gets a good start to the season against an over-matched ULL team that had no where to run (literally) and no where to hide.

The Ragin' Cajuns only managed 5 first downs and 64 total yards of offense. Which comes to no surprise on a day when you have 4 turnovers and only manage to account for 30% possession. Houston transfer Terrance Broadway was 10/18 and threw for a whopping 43 yards and 2 INTs. It really wasn't his fault as the Aggie's were menacing on defense. DE Damontre Moore had 2 sacks and a countless amount of hurries.

Offensively QB Jamiell Showers does not seem to have progressed from his lackluster season from the previous year as he threw two interceptions against an abysmal ULL defense. HB Brandon Williams was unstoppable with 150 yards on the ground. True Frosh WR Jimmy Williams got it done in his first game as an Aggie as he led the team with 60 yards receiving and 2 TDs.

5. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 1 vs Clemson
    Clemson 40 - South Carolina 34 (OT)

Stats: tomorrow
    This was one of those games where I couldn't do anything right in the 1st half. Felt like I got sacked 100 times, intercepted, dropped balls, missed tackles and Cornerbacks that have no idea what any coverage is. Balls going right over their freaking helmets. Funny stuff to look at but when Clemson went up 24-0 I wasnt laughing. My wife even got up from the couch and said, "just go bath the boys instead of taking this beating". Oh well, maybe next year. For now just another choke job by Flo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG] FAU 0
    [​IMG] MISS 32
    1ST DOWNS
    5 14
    3rd down conversions
    2/11 4/8
    4th down conversions
    0/0 0/0
    TOTAL OFFENSE
    100 388
    PASSING YARDS
    55 302
    Completions/Attempts
    5/14 22/28
    Yards Per Attempt
    3.9 10.8
    RUSHING YARDS
    45 86
    Rushing Attempts
    22 23
    Yard Per Rush
    2 3.7
    PENALTIES-YARDS
    0-0 0-0
    TURNOVERS
    2 0
    Fumbles Lost
    1 0
    Interceptions Thrown
    1 0
    POSSESSION
    10:34 17:26

FAU just couldn't get the ball moving offensively, only mustering 100 yards of offense to our 388. Bo Wallace had an extremely efficient game, going 22/27 for 302 yards and 4 TD, and Jeff Scott chipped in 71 yards on 14 carries. Freshman K Matt Rodriguez apparently had some first game jitters, missing 3 extra points and a field goal. For some reason I was getting that glitch again where the ball barely makes it past the LOS. I'm thinking it may be tied to accuracy, as my kicker only has 61 kick accuracy.

7. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

The Jayhawks get off to a great start.....

[​IMG]Kansas 47
    [​IMG]La Tech 23

The first half was an absolute shootout.... both teams basically scoring at will both defenses were terrible..... The second quarter saw both teams score multiple times..... at the end of the half, the score was 24-23.... as you can see from the final score the Jayhawks dominated the second half..... Heaps was on fire from the end of the first quarter on....
    CMP/ATTYDSTDINT
    J. Heaps 32/43 454 6 1

Heaps 6 touchdown passes were a school record, Adam Hall and Jacorey Shephard were absolutely sensational in this game combining for 275 yards and 5 tds. Hall had 11 receptions for 155 yards and 2 scores while Shephard had 121 yards and 3 scores on 7 receptions.

Next week vs #17 Utah...

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Iowa State - 48
    Bowling Green - 10

This was a competitive game that turned into a blowout on one play, BG was about to go in for a score on the opening drive, they were carving up my defense when their RB fumbled on the 1 yard line, and my DE scooped and ran 99 yards for a TD. From then on I had the momentum and unleashed a very balanced rushing attack led by Jeff Woody. My QB had a solid game, which would have been better if not for 5 drops, but he still threw for 160 yards and 3 TD's. The defense is going to be a major work in progress. I gave up about 350 yards but would make a key interception or stop right before they would score.

True freshman Paul Green made two interceptions, and true freshman Brent Dailey had a key sack. Very fun game.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I will be posting my summaries later tonight but I can't wait to play a user, because I have a man crush on this guy....

Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at 3.42.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at 3.44.34 PM.png

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Good lord he is a big fella. Thanks Drifterbub for not putting SMU on my schedule this year. Hopefully he runs for 2500 yards and 30 TDs and goes pro.

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

We need to fix the punter and kicker bullshit again. I just lost to Flo because my punter averaged 20 yards per punt, and my kicker missed a 35 yard field goal. And I punted one back to him after it hit his guy and I recovered the fumble. He then proceeded to score on the game winning drive. Most frustrating game I've ever played. First touchdown came after a 4th and 13 conversion, and the game winning field goal was after a 4th and 7 conversion. My defensive backs were about as worthless as my special teams when the ball hit them in the hands and they dropped it as well. End BBJ rant.

12. Flo308

Yeah I really didn't deserve to win the game.. Actually the game won me the game. They really need to fix the defensive side of the ball with a patch. Tried of the DBs playing with their heads in their ass during a pass. I really hate how all the defense reacts to the read option play.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What was the situation around going for it on 4th and 13?

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Missouri - 49
    Illinois - 45

If Jerry's kids had a football team, they could score on my defense. Thank goodness Missouri product Nathan Scheelhaase is a senior because he made me his bitch. 16/20 for 299 yards 4 TD / 1 INT and 111 yards and 2 scores on the ground. Their offense punted one time and just made me look foolish. Fortunately, James Franklin has the best game of his career, going 16/27 for 315 yards, 3 scores and 1 interception and ran 17 times for 95 yards and 3 scores. Dorial Green Beckham came up big with two big touchdown passes, including a bullet he just pulled away from the defense on. On a sad note, my defensive end Brayden Burnett likely played his last game as he picked off a screen and broke his collarbone on the return.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I haven't heard of the punting being an issue. I have messed with that slider once it was presumes fixed last season.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Tried playing Bond's team twice. Froze last night, froze this morning during super sim. Meant to be a sim I guess.

17. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Iowa State - 41
    Cincinnati - 17

Iowa State was led by TE Peter Murphy who channeled his inner Bubba McDowell and simply had two of the best TD receptions I have ever had in the same game. I wish I could upload video, but I can't transfer highlights to my floppy disk. Anyway, the first was a a simple curl route where the defender tried to jump the route, he missed and he turned and trucked a SS, and then on the 10 yard line stiff armed a DB so he could score. It was sweet. The second was a play action post pattern that he outjumped the defender on and then simply broke a piss poor attempt at a tackle and punched it in. Just two great TD's from an unexpected source.

I have played two games so far this year and both of them have been against spread no huddle teams, which means two things - lots of plays for my defense and a ton of tackles for Jeremiah George. I think he had 9 solo tackles in this game. Considering I was in the Dime at least 70% of the game, he was really the only player I have on defense that can actually tackle. Cincy put up close to 400 yards on me, but luckily I was able to get some picks as well as some key 3rd down stops.

Right now my defense is a problem, but my running game and occasional passing game is getting the job done.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

That's weird, I booted a 45 yard FG with about 10 or 15 to spare, and my punts are going far... Do your K/P suck or are they decent?

19. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

They're terrible which is probably part of it. I think accuracy effects power a little bit in this years cycle. I think they're both around 60 accuracy, but have 70s in power. It's going to be interesting because there typically isn't enough decent special teams recruits to go around, so if teams are having to start freshman at K or P it could keep happening. It's just frustrating as hell having a drive stall out around midfield and still giving the other team the ball back at their own 40.

20. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea and your team got screwed

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

and of course i'll be the 1st guy to have him run me over..

22. JrRawlins

[​IMG]Kansas 20
    [​IMG]Washington 7

A Defensive struggle that Kansas survives.... The Jayhawks leaned on the ground attack much more in this one... feeding James Sims and James Odom the ball..... Jake Heaps was rock solid completing 22 of 34 passes for 254 yards and 1 score. More importantly the Jayhawks defense was rock solid forcing 5 turnovers of the Huskies including 4 interceptions..... Freshman corner Bill Smith picked off 2 passes and now has 3 interceptions in 3 games...

next up for the Jayhawks... USF

23. JrRawlins

24. Flo308

Week 3 vs Alabama
    Alabama 35 - South Carolina 41

Passing: Thompson- 19/40/458, 4 TDs, 3 Ints
    Rushing: Lattimore- 12/30, TD
    Receiving: Scruggs- 5/241, 2 TDs
    Defense: OLB Muldrow- 2 Tackles, 1 solo, Int that change the game in the 3rd.

This was a game of 3 quarters for Alabama and 1 quarter for South Carolina. In the first 3 quarters The Tide completely raped me on offense and defense, I think a cheerleader even scored. I dropped a ton of passes and was getting sacked or hurried every play. Then in the 4th we scored pretty quick to start the quarter, everything change after that. Alabama blew a 35-10 lead, I went no huddle and they just stopped blitzing. Then we were down 2 with 1:40 and we recovered the offside kick, first time ever. On the final two drives Alabama started blitzing and I was lucky to throw to the uncovered WR. Crazy ass game!

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    31 points in the 4th quarter?