Season 2 sliders?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Aug 24, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Season 2 sliders?

any talk/interest in moving sliders around slightly. This would be the best time. I personally have not put any time into it except I think raising the cpu pass/run defense would not be a bad idea.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yes,

CPU OFFENSE

RUN ABILITY needs to be increased... we were all in tops of the NCAA in rush defense. I know the downsides, KR's WR's etc become supermen, but we have to do something to get them running effectively in even up games.

PASS BLOCKING wouldn't mind seeing this bumped a bit to make pressuring the CPU a bit harder... im not totally sure about this one but maybe a small bump

CPU DEFENSE

AWARENESS needs to be bumped maybe 10 points
    KNOCKDOWNS could go up too... i think INT's are ok were they are.

I think we can start there.. but continue to tweak if needed.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

These are the Deuce's Sliders

Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 45 45
    Pass Block 60 35
    WR Catching 20 20
    RB Ability 45 50
    Run Blocking 50 45
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Awareness 45 50
    Knockdowns 25 60
    Interceptions 15 10
    Break Block 60 45
    Tackling 40 45
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 25 15
    FG Accuracy 15 20
    P Power 20 35
    P Accuracy 15 35
    Kickoff Power 50 50

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

for years knockdowns in Madden and NCAA is defensive lineman knocking balls down at the line of scrimmage and had nothing to do with pass coverage. i haven't looked at the sliders this year, but if it just says "knockdowns" it probably hasn't changed.

(for years this has been one of those nice little checks to see if the person doing the sliders had any clue what they were talking about).

personally i'd like to take a look at scores and stats from some of the user games against the top teams in the game before doing anything. because just doing this based on perceptions is a boatload of fail.

i.e. yeah we might all be in the tops in rush defense - but does that mean the running game isn't good enough? Or guys were jumping out to such huge leads the computer was throwing the ball for three quarters to catch up? And was this stat even more out of whack because of games against teams like Army and Duke?

5. BlyGilmore

btw personally i'm against changing the sliders. i think its largely an exercise in futility and once you start its a never ending process.

a big reason is humans adapt. you make changes we all start playing. guys go to their "labs" with put on their "overcoats" and start dissecting the game to figure out what we can and can't do and whats most effective now.

IMO that almost always leads to more one dimensional play and more and more wrinkles being removed from teams game plans, which are always replaced with audibles, shifts and other such nonsense. basically all it does is restrict game play and force everybody into certain molds to be successful.

Personally I just ran for 1,800 yards with a 91 speed halfback on a running game largely based on pulling guards and lineman and finding small little holes to duck in and out of. Start futzing around with the sliders and that's not an option any more - everybody will need a 95 speed HB and just run sweeps and pitches all day long.

The mythical land where the computer plays like a human in perfect balance and harmony with the universe doens't exist. IMO i've got a better chance getting anal from britney spears than balanced sliders ever being realized.

i look back on the season and see a bunch of three win teams. seems like everybody is having fun. i know personally three of my four user vs. user games have been really good going down with the outcome not decided until the final minute. and a lot of other HvH games seem to have been the same.

So why fuck with that and start down a road that is just going to end with us at the end of season two going "ok what changes do we make now?"

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Good post Bly

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

any other season i would tend to agree.. but the sliders actually WORK this year, giving you a better platform to make adjustments you KNOW will affect the desired area.

im not advocating any major adjustments... just a small tweak or two to help the CPU offense where its obviously defecient... just look a the the rush defense stats... we dominate the top.

I don't want everyone to suddenly be 6-6 teams with 2-3 losses to CPU games a year.. that's not realistic for our type of programs either.... but i would love to go into Ole Miss or South Carolina and lose if i don't play my best game....

Just striving to get it a tad better... i don't think we are far off at all and would be against any changes not born out of necessity, substantiated by stats.

8. BlyGilmore

that's just my point though. IMO just being at the top of the rushing stats doesn't mean the computer is having problems rushing. it can, but it isn't certain.

that can mean that each of us had a few games where teams like Michigan and Army stopped running the ball in the second quarter because they were down 35-0.

If say aggregate those same teams are holding opponents to 3 yards a carry, then yes we might look to make a tweak and get that up. If we see RBs are running for 5 a carry, then the problem has nothing to do with RB Ability or Run Blocking.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

I see what your saying bly about the 91 speed halfback and I like that.

But I think we still need to up the cpu running back ability and cpu def awareness.

I think we need to lower Human FG accuracy.

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

Those are radical changes to what we have now.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

How are these working for them vs the CPU?

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

are those on AA?

13. BlyGilmore

btw keep in mind a patch is coming some time this decade - lord knows what it is going to change.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I posted them mainly to show the categories....sorry

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    User Offense CPU[/B]
    50 Accuracy 50
    50 Pass Block 50
    50 WR Catch 50
    50 RB Ability 55
    50 Run Block 50
    User Defense CPU[/B]
    50 Pass Coverage 55
    50 Pass Rush 50
    50 Interceptions 50
    50 Rush Defense 55
    50 Tackling 50
    User Special Teams CPU[/B]
    50 FG Power 50
    45 FG Accuracy 50
    50 Punt Power 50
    50 Punt Accruacy 50
    50 KO Power 50

Sliders for week 1

Input welcome....We can change sliders for week 2 but cannot change them during the current week.

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Those aren't our current sliders. I'm going to update them tonight. We've done some changing and I haven't updated until we got it right.

I'll update here when I do...

We are getting very tough CPU games and our offenses aren't always the scoring machines we are used to.

17. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thanks drifter

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Sliders
    QB Accuracy 35 45
    Pass Block 55 45
    WR Catching 45 45
    RB Ability 40 60
    Run Blocking 45 45
    Awareness 40 60
    Knockdowns 45 45
    Interceptions 35 45
    Break Block 45 55
    Tackling 50 50
    FG Power 50 45
    FG Accuracy 45 45
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 50 55
    Kickoff Power 50 50

If we make any more changes, we might lower the catching for both the CPU and User. Other than that, you can check our score thread and see the results. These have been tested for pretty much half a season.

19. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Umm.. You guys do realize that those no longer correlate to the sliders that NCAA has setup now right?

The categories for defense are now:

Pass Coverage
    Pass Rush
    Interceptions
    Rush Defense
    Tackling

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm sure they know what they are doing.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Mors is right. I didn't bother to change the template from '09. The sliders are still correct, though.

Sliders
    QB Accuracy 35 45
    Pass Block 55 45
    WR Catching 45 45
    RB Ability 40 60
    Run Blocking 45 45
    Pass Coverage 40 60
    Pass Rush 45 45
    Interceptions 35 45
    Rush Defense 45 55
    Tackling 50 50
    FG Power 50 45
    FG Accuracy 45 45
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 50 55
    Kickoff Power 50 50

22. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any confusion on the allocation of the defensive sliders since the categories changed.