Season 2 Summaries - old file

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Dru50, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

You know the drill.

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Week 1 Shenanigans

Boise @ UCLA. Boise took the opening kickoff and wound 4 minutes off the clock before settling for a field goal. Then UCLA took 4 minutes for a FG of their own. Boise took another 4.5 minutes off, but this time HB Jay Ajayi punched one in from 3-yards out, Boise led 10-3 with 1:35 left. But some crap user defense on a deep ball put UCLA in scoring position late in the half, when Hundley hit his WR for a TD with 22 seconds left, 10-10 half.

Neither team scored in the 3rd, with UCLA coming closest. They had a nice drive, but it was halted when Hundley threw a pick at the Boise 5 yard line. Boise put together an 80+ yard drive, but was only able to get a field goal, giving UCLA the ball down 3 with lots of time. UCLA HB James took a read option handoff on the next drive and made his way though a tiny hole to find space and a 50 yard TD run. Boise took their time on their next drive needed a TD, and were able to manage a 3rd and 16 conversion on their way to the red zone. Boise had the ball on the UCLA 5 with 45 seconds left, 1st and 10. 1: Handoff to Ajayi for -1 yards. Play 2: incomplete. Play 3: PA pass to the TE, going out of bounds at the 1-inch line. This left Boise with 4th and goal at the 1 with 34 seconds left (UCLA used their timeouts to stop the clock hoping to get the ball back.) Handoff to Ajayi and he's stuffed for -5 yards, back to the 6, UCLA ball. 3 quick stops and timeouts forced UCLA to punt from their 10 to midfield. With 20 seconds left, UCLA got 1 completion and 1 incompletion, getting to the 42. Patti found Matt Miller on a streak, over the UCLA defense to win the game with 4 seconds left, stunning UCLA's crowd. GG recchem2000 this game is BS.

• Like Like x 1
  3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Kapono
    Gg man. I probably should have been in prevent on that last play. I thought the safety might be at least in the area to help, but he wasn't. I knew that pick was gonna cost me. Sure enough, it did. Also, I could not for the life of me get you off the field on 3rd down. I think you were 8/12 on 3rd down and some of them were 3rd and long. I would have been one happy old man to force a punt in this one :)

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

In the battle of the Bears, Baylor tops Cal 28-20 in Berkeley

The Bears (the good ones at Baylor, not those golden ones) got it fist and marched downfield, eventually scoring on an 11 yd TD pass from Petty to Coleman. After a Cal punt Baylor was back in business until they faced a 4th and 1 at the 18. Early in the game coach Johnny Utah decided to go aggressive. Petty kept it on a triple option for an easy TD as the Cal defenders keyed on the HBs, 14-0 Baylor. Cal got in a groove after, using the hurry up to get down field before Kline would connect with Harris for a 25 yard TD strike. On the next drive Petty would throw his first incompletion on a batted ball, followed by an INT as the Cal corner jumped all over the out route in man coverage. Cal would have to settle for a 44 yard FG to narrow the lead to 14-10. Baylor would then milk the rest of the half away before Coleman would take a tricky PA swing pass in for a 2 yard score to put Baylor up 21-10 at the break.

Cal would get a nice drive going before facing 4th and inches in FG range. Feeling the need to not settle, coach Jayrah sent the wildcat on the field, but the Baylor D came up with a critical stop. A couple minutes later Coleman struck again with his 3rd TD of the game, this time on a slant in traffic, 28-10 Baylor. Cal would hurry down the field and get a TD just before the quarter ended to narrow it to 28-17 going into the final quarter. The Cal defense would step up and force a quick Baylor punt but would once again have to settle for a FG, 28-20 Baylor. The Cal rush defense became like a brick wall and suddenly the Baylor offense was punting again! Cal now had a shot at tying the game, but Kline would underthrow a corner route and get picked off. After a few first downs, Baylor was able to kneel it out from inside the ten as coach Utah narrowly resisted the urge to run it up on his rival on the other side of the field.

GG Jayrah

BTW, your corners were on point in man vs out routes, are they just good or is there some coverage audible or something else you are using? You had the one INT and nearly had a pick on my first TD as well.

5. Dru50

USC 38
    Texas 14

Missed turnover opportunities (probably 8 dropped INTs by both teams) and big plays for the Trojans spelled doom for the Longhorns. USC had 4 plays of over 50 yards, 2 catches by Marqise Lee and a run by HBs Morgan and Isaacs.

Good game MexiRican35.

6. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

If only I could have kept track of a new stat, the TMDSLAYB, the Time my defense spent looking at your back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 38
    SMU - 21

Ucla steals one in the 4th quarter from the mustangs. SMU lead 21-17 early in the 4th quarter only to give up 21 unanswered points. Ucla took the lead on 76 yard play action td pass. SMU would then throw their 2nd pick of the day, setting up a ucla TD run. The INT bug struck again on the very next drive. The Bruins would return this pick for 6.

GG Boom29

8. MexiRican35

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Texas wins conference opener

Texas bounces back from its ugly loss in So Cal. Texas scored on their first drive as a screen to HB Brown was wide open at the goalline. Boise's first play from scrimmage would be an interception, leading to a 59 yard TD to WR Shipley. This was followed by a Brown TD run, and it was 21-0 in the second. But Boise would come back, as HB Ajayi would finish off a Bronco drive with a TD. Then, TE McFarland would fumble the ball right back to the Broncos. Boise got a FG, and made it a game at 21-10.

Boise opened the half driving all the way inside the Longhorn 5, but the defense would stop back to back runs and force a FG. The Horns had to punt the ball away, but this time QB Patti was picked by MLB Hicks. Texas only managed a FG, but would make it a 2 possession game at 24-13. Boise was driving deep into Texas territory, but a fumble by Patti on a scramble would hamper any comeback attempt. GG Kapono

#16 Texas 24 - #22 Boise St 16

9. Wyrmreaver

Baylor beats SMU 35-7

Since the game didn't correctly upload for me I cant see any stats.....

This one was back and forth for most of the first half..... then SMU's QB struck, throwing a TD..... for Baylor, to break a 7-7 tie. As soon as he got it back he threw it to the Bears again and another TD made it 21-7. SMU got it first after the break and their QB managed to find a Baylor defender again, I think he had 5 on the day.

Baylor QB Bryce Petty shrugged off 2 first half INTs to finish with a nice game and Seastrunk went over 100 to lead the Bears to the win.

GG Boom29

10. Wyrmreaver

Baylor capitalizes on Ash's poor day for a big win!

The Bears got it first but Texas held them to a FG with a couple of critical sacks. Texas made the most of their first chance as Ash was perfect on the drive, capping it off with a ten yard TD on the fade to Shipley. Baylor answered back with a TD of their own when Seastrunk scored from 5 yards out for a 10-7 lead with about three minutes left. The Longhorns were in position to take control, driving with just over a minute left, a TD here and the ball to start the second would have given them a clear advantage, but Ash was intercepted. Baylor would fumble a couple plays later, but after one of their lineman recovered they were back on track and took a 17-7 lead with 14 seconds left off of an 18 yard corner route from Petty to Fuller.

In the second half Ash would fall apart, throwing an INT in the endzone and a few more for a total of 5 on the day. Baylor would play conservatively, keying on a 192 yard rushing day from Seastrunk en route to victory.

GG MexiRican35 that first INT that led to points for me before the half was probably the difference. If you get a 14-10 lead and the ball after the break its an entirely different game.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Oregon 30
    TCU 27

TCU came in to autzen looking for a sweep in the H2H series against the Ducks. The problem is Mariota wore his big boy pants and played like a heisman hopeful. Mariota would lead the ducks to 2 td drives hitting Allen for 4yd TD and Stanford for a 19 yd TD before The horned frogs could get on the board. After going up 14-0 The ducks would surrender a 37 yd FG. TCU was only able to enjoy that for a bit as Mariota would drive the field again and hit Stanford for a 5 yd td to go up 21-3 and then was looking like a blowout. Coach Welsh Would get his team back on track when tarting QB Boykin would find Slanina on a 4 yd pass to bring the game within 11. The problem is they would give the ducks around 50 seconds to play with and they made the best of it by hitting 48 yd fg as time expired in the 1st half to go into halftime up 24-10

The 3rd qtr started off with a bang as Boykin would hit Brown for a 72 yd TD to bring the game within 7 at 24-17. The duck would aswer back though but with a 52 yd FG to nudge the lead to 10 points. After a couple of swapped possessions TCU would get the game within 3 with Boykin hitting Story with a 27 yd pass with just under 7 minutes to go in the game. After another failed Oregon drive TCU would tie the game up with a 44 yd fg with 2:48 left to go. The Ducks would take their time driving the field and the game winning 31 yd FG as time expired.

gg Ken Welsch

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Ducks 34
    SDSU 6

Mariota had a terrible day passing for only 80 yds, but made up for it with his legs rushing for 126 with a long of 51. Other than that it was a quite day offensively luckily the defense came to play and sacked the QB 7 times creating very long 3rd downs.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

OK State 14
    Ducks 45

Looked like this was going to be a tight game with the game going to halftime 14 all. Then OSU QB forgot what team he was on and turned the ball over 5 times giving the ducks great field position all half. Maritota would start off slow again but found his groove answering his 3 picks with 3 TD passes and ended the day 14-19 for 192 yds.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Stanford - 25
    UCLA - 28

The game that broke Cheez. Hey Josh, for the record, I did punt once :)

UCLA would capitalize on 2 Stanford picks and hold on for the win against the Cardinal. The teams essentially traded scores for most of the game but the picks were the difference. Stanford had a shot at getting the ball back with about a minute to play down 3. But UCLA was able to convert a 3rd and 10 and run out the clock.

UCLA was up 14-10 at halftime despite only running 6 plays on offense. 2 of those plays happen to go for long TD's however. Stanford used the ground and pound for much of the game until they fell behind by 11 in the 4th quarter. I got nada for stats as Im at work but the yards were fairly close.

GG Cheez Sorry to see you leave the OD but I get it...believe me I do. I was feeling the same way last season and almost pulled the rip cord too. I wish you would have slept on it but like we said last night you shouldnt play a game that isnt fun to you. I hope our paths cross again in the future.

15. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

Great game. I'm lucky I even had a chance in this one; the Ducks dominated the first half completely.

16. Dru50

USC 31
    Washington 27

Another tight game between the Huskies and the Trojans that went down to literally the final seconds. The game started out slowly, with the two teams exchanging punts on their opening drives, but then the offenses began to grind out drives and points. I'll take it to the final minute of the game, where Washington had just completed 2 straight TD drives to take a 3 point lead, and USC had saved 2 timeouts and played over aggressive defense to try and make Washington score rather than running out the clock. Then QB Cody Kessler and the offense went to work, driving the length of the field on 6 plays to get the ball inside the 10 yard line, down 3 with about 20 seconds to play. Freshman HB Ty Isaacs (who played well all game) had his young'un brain fart for the day, when he had a chance to get in the end zone on 2nd down, but he elected to do a showboat spin move which took him backwards to the 8 yard line. Kessler hit TE Randall Telfer on a pass to the 2 yard line which set up a 4th down play. USC let the clock run down to 3 seconds, called a timeout, and Coach Dru said to his young HB on the sidelines "Here is where you make up for that spinerooni and start your Los Angeles legend son, go get this win." The team came out in a strong I with 2 TE's and was able to punch it into the end zone for Isaacs 4th TD of the game to take the lead and get the W.

Great game whygodwhy1111 - I have a feeling we will see each other again.

Ty Isaacs 15 carries, 83 yards, 4 TD
    Bishop Sankey 22 carries, 154 yards, 1 TD (this kid is a MONSTER)

17. Wyrmreaver

Dru is now 2-1 vs wgw this cycle..... I remember Dru trying to convince us all that he sucked at the game. :)

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I remember you doing the same :). I actually beat Dru in his short stay at Boise so he did suck at one time ;)

19. MexiRican35

Ya that first interception was stupid. The DE tackled my HB who was going out for a screen. Once I couldn't thrown to him, I had no clue who was out in patterns.

20. Dru50

I need to beat him when it really counts. My regular season win last year is not equal to his CCG win.....which got him into the BCS title game.

21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Boise 41
    Air Force 10

Boise run game didn't look too impressive but QB Nick Patti threw 3 TD passes, no picks, and ran for a TD. Boise forced 3 turnovers, scoring on 1, and returning and INT to inside the 5-yard line. Boise outscored AF 24-0 in the 2nd quarter to coast to the win.

QB Nick Patti - 13-19 for 169 yards, 3 TD, rush TD
    HB Jay Ajayi - 17 carries for 67 yardd
    FB Connor Peters - 5 carries for 60 yards
    WR Matt Miller - 5 receptions for 79 yards, TD
    TE Holden Huff - 4 receptions for 45 yards, 2 TD
    MLB Blake Renaud - 6 tackles, INT

22. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

SMU 17
    Oklahoma 23

SMU controls the entire game except for the two possessions at the end of each half and pays the price. Once Oklahoma went no-huddle, the Mustangs had no answers. Nevertheless, untimely turnovers contributed to the Mustangs' loss.

23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

UO 34
    Ucla 6

The UCLA crowd didn't even make it to their cheats before heading for the exits as the Black Mamba torched the UCLA defense early and often. Thomas would take the 2nd play of the game 72 yds for the score on a beautiful option play. After a Hundley pick Thomas would strike again on a 43 yd sweep. UO Defense would be making plays all day including 3 sacks and 3 int while not letting UCLA's offense even sniff the red zone.

GG recchem2000 Dat can't stay forever ;(

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Gg man. You just flat out destroyed me. I had nothing last night, I was just awful!

25. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

I will put the summaries for both the games I played yesterday online later today.