Season 2 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by recchem2000, Sep 13, 2013.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yep

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

FSU 38
    USF 17

FSU's offense wasn't asked to do too much, as they only had 263 yards of offense. Marvin Bracy looked good at punt returner and the defense was solid, USF scored their last TD on a bomb as time expired. The offense was balanced with Wilder, Freeman, and Pender splitting the carries. Redshirt freshman LB Matthew Thomas was solid with 11 tackles and a sack.

QB Jameis Winston - 13-19 for 146 yards, TD, 2 INT, 11 carries for 24 yards, TD
    HB Devonta Freeman - 9 carries for 37 yards
    HB Mario Pender - 5 carries for 26 yards
    FB James Wilder - 7 carries for 30 yards, 3 TD
    WR Kelvin Benjamin - 4 receptions for 67 yards
    WR Rashad Greene - 3 receptions for 35 yards, TD

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Clemson - 12
    Alabama - 24

The Crimson Tide start the 2014 season off on the right foot with a solid win over the Tigers of Clemson. TJ Yeldon rushed for 100 yards on 25 carries, scoring twice on the ground. He also caught a 3 yard TD pass.

The story of this game was first half turnover and red-zone defense. Clemson threw 3 1st half picks as the Tide built a 21-3 lead at the half. Clemson had its chances to get back in the game but only converted one of its three red zone trips into a TD.

Good game MexiRican35 . My 4 man front seemed to do the job today causing pressure and forcing you into some quick passes. I was pretty pleased with the defense today!

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Fuck this game.

That is all.

:mad:

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Fresno State - 0
    Virginia Tech - 38

Hokies Near Perfect

shut out Bulldogs 38-0

It was the start the Hokies were looking for as they made quick work of the Fresno State Bulldogs in their home opener. The running game was clicking on all cylinders as HB Gemara Anderson found daylight all night long. With the success of the running game, QB Jonathan Pollard was able to easy into his first start while throwing a mere 11 passes and 2 TDs.

Notable Stats
    QB Jonathan Pollard - 10/11, 175 yards, 2 TD
    HB Gemara Anderson - 24 car, 178 yards, 2 TD, long 40
    WR Brandon Austin - 3 rec, 90 yards, TD, long 74
    WR Teddy Jones - 4 rec, 76 yards, TD, long 38
    DE Shelton Randolph - 2 tack, TFL, sack, FF

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Georgia Tech 35
    Ole Miss 31

A truly heart breaking game for Ole Miss. Ole miss started the game by opening up a 17 point lead, then scored a TD on every (full) possession and lost. Go ahead and read that sentence twice, i'll wait.

Down 17 GT scored right before the half, then scored to open the 3rd quarter to cut the lead to 17-14. Both teams traded TDs until GT scored a TD with 1.51 left in the 4th to cut the lead to 3. GT recovered the onsides kick and scored to the lead by 4 with 31 seconds and win the game.

GG, Jayrah You have the worst luck against me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Irish 31
    Tigers 17

LSU got the ball first and moved down field with apparent ease mixing run and pass all the way to the endzone and a 7-0 lead. Notre Dame got it and the no huddle would stall quickly, resulting in a punt. Sensing that they had a chance to take control of the game in the early goings, LSU promptly threw an INT. The Fightin Irish capitalized on the turnover with a TD pass. LSU got it back and took a shot deep down the middle against cover 2, but the safeties converged quickly, one (user) trying to make a late play on the ball while the other delivered a hit, jarring the ball loose and into the hands of the first safety. Notre Dame wasted little time scoring again and making it 14-7. The teams traded an INT for a punt before LSU looked to control the clock and get more points before the half, but the drive would stall near midfield.

ND got it first in the 3rd and got an enormous screen pass for 71 yards to set up a first and goal. Fountain dropped back to pass on 2nd an goal and sprinted away from pressure but was caught from behind by a defensive lineman. Unfortunately for the Tigers, Fountain shrugged off the sack and scrambled into the endzone for a 21-7 lead. Not panicking, the Tigers marched back down the field but 2 catches in traffic were dropped inside the ten and the Tigers would have to settle for 3 points. On the ensuing drive, 3rd string HB Greg Cook would take an option pitch and score untouched from 31 yards out, making it 28-10. LSU would go play action on the next series, completely catching the (user) safety leaving the FB all alone on a wheel route for a 52 yard score, cutting the lead to 28-17 with over 5 minutes to play. ND ground out a drive and kicked a FG with about 2:30 left to extend the lead to 31-17. A fourth INT by freshman QB Luis Fuller would seal the deal.

gg Dru50

key stats:

4 INTS by LSU
    Reigning defensive POY Dan Scruggs (ND DE) picked up where last season left off with 3 sacks
    Tyson Fountain was 19-24 for 265 with 2 TDs and no turnovers while running for a third score
    LSU HBs averaged about 6ypc but their longest run was only 11 yards

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I was possibly too aggressive trying to throw some of the passes that got picked, but it was a road game against the most talented team we are gonna see this year, with a true fresh backfield starting for the first time. All in all I'm ok with how the young guys played.

Good game Neal, you better win a BCS title with that super team you got there.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

See :)

10. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Week 1

Georgia 35
    Texas AM 31

Georgia opened 2014 with a hard fought win over Texas AM and Johnny Football. It was 7-7 after the 1st QTR and then the Aggies scored 2 times in the 2nd QTR to take a 21-24 lead into the locker room. Georgia tied things up by AM then drove down and kicked a FG to take a 24-21 lead going into the 4th QTR. Georgia scored to take a 28-24 leaf but the Aggies came right back and scored to take the lead 31-28 with less than 2 minutes remaining. Georgia would drive down field and scored the game winning TD with 4 seconds left to lift the Dawgs to victory.

Key stats

Texas AM: Williams 21 rushes 132 yard and 2 td's

Georgia: Cunningham 18/24/317 yards 2 td's 1 int Georgia 24 rushes, 24 pass attempts

gg bringbackjimmy Good job of stopping my run game. Hope the OL can jell in the upcoming weeks or its going to be a long season.

11. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Week 2

Georgia 24
    LSU 21

Georgia traveled to Tiger stadium and came away with a hard fought 24-21 win. Georgia raced out to a 14-0 lead after 1 but LSU scored 14 points in the 2nd QTR and they went into the locker room tied at 14 at the half. LSU would core in the 3rd QTR to take a 21-14 lead heading into the 4th QTR. Georgia would add a FG to cut the Tiger lead to 4, 21-17. Georgia would have time for 1 last drive as Hampton scored the game winning td with 57 seconds left to give the Dawgs the 24-21 win.

Key Stats

LSU: Anthony Wood 12 rushes 120 yards and 2 td's LSU defense picked off Cunningham 2 times

Georgia: DEF picked off Louis Fuller 4 times. 2 by Ty Law 25 rushes, 19 pass attempts

gg Dru50 I couldn't get the running game going but ran it well. Thanks as well for the conversation after the game bro. (y)(y)(y)

12. Jayrah

Ole Miss 19 Auburn 7

Not a huge game for Miss, but they got it done behind a nice defensive effort. 1-1

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

FSU 62
    UVA 21

We played the first half, FSU going up 24-6, but my internet went out early in the 3rd. So we played another half, and FSU won 34-14. FSU offense looked good, and especially after Ken left after our 2nd half, UVA forgot how to tackle, letting up huge plays on runs where Wilder was running over people and Pender was running through arm tackles. LB Matthew Thomas had 1 INT in the 1st half, and 2 in the next half. FSU outgained UVA 535-316.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  14. Jayrah

Ole Miss 28
    UVA 16

It was looking really good for the Cavs in this one. Up 10-0 after the 1st and heading in to make it a 3 score game on the road after 2 Ole Miss ints, but the RB fumbled the football on second effort at the Miss 2 yard line and the game changed. Ole Miss got a 85 yard score 2 plays later on a post and it was 10-7 suddenly.

UVA would march back down the field and score another TD before half to make it 16-7 but Ole Miss (as they have been doing with surprising efficiency this season) blocked another PAT. That is their 3rd blocked XP this season (2 vs Whygod, 1 vs Ken).

The 2nd half was a different story altogether for both teams, as the Rebels forced 5 2nd half turnovers and managed several big plays in backed up situations. It seemed the play calling kept UVA completely off balance and a 21-0 half gave the Rebs the win.

GG Ken Welsch you had me on the ropes early but that's fumble saved us. I was entirely upset with my coverage for a long time as it was there all night but failed to be aggressive in the first half.

15. Dru50

Note to After Midnight - go for 2 vs Ole Miss - always.

• Like Like x 2
  16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

did something happen to CPU settings. Oklahoma threw 9 INTs to me.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Not that I know of Dru50?

18. Dru50

I haven't touched the settings at all.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Me neither...I guess WGW just brings out the worst in the CPU!

20. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Boooooooooooooooo at CPU half :p I can only hope only 1 of those 2 visits sign.

21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

The combined score of the 2 halves was 58-20...I don't think Ken was ready to play at like 4:30 lol. But I hope I did well on my visit goals, I didn't look at them since I scheduled them right before I played. We had like 6-8 visits, then 3 or 4 for Notre Dame next week.

22. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Seems like if I don't sign anybody this week or next week, Florida and Alabama will scoop up everyone I want :nailbiting:

23. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Florida - 41 vs 3 - Texas A&M

First Half:

Game started off with Florida getting the ball. Florida worked their way down the field and finished off the opening drive with a 12yard TD pass to TE Kent Taylor
    Texas A&M responded well with a long ball control drive. They found themselves with a 1st & Goal from inside the 2. Florida's defense was spent. They got a nice stop on 1st down.
    another stop on second and i believe a user sack on 3rd to hold Texas A&M to only 3 points.
    Florida marched down the field on their second possession and Matt Jones punched it in from 1yard out to go up 14-3.
    After the teams traded possession with either punts or turnovers or one of each, Johnny Football who had a forgettable night, Threw his first pick six of the night with 2:50 left in the half and a 21-3 Gator lead.
    The turnover bug continued on the next drive and Florida managed to chew up clock before hitting Latroy Pittman from 12yards out for a 28-3 halftime lead.

Second Half:
    There was no scoring in the third quarter and i think it was littered with Johnny Football not getting the job done. His coach was visibly upset with the Junior QB.
    The fourth quarter saw Austin Hardin add two FG's to bump the lead to 34-3.
    Cody Riggs added his second pick-6 with 2:43 left to finish out the scoring 41-3.

Florida Stats:
    J. Driskell 17/23 293yards 2TD 2Int
    M. Jones 15 for 63yards 1Td
    C.Riggs 2tackles 2Int 2Td

Texas A&M Stats:
    J. Football 11/21 121yards 0Td 6Int
    T.Williams 10 for 69yards 0Td
    H.Matthews 8tackles 1Int

24. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Florida State - 28
    Virginia Tech - 29

Gamble Pays off for Hokies

outlast Florida State 29-28

With Virginia Tech WR Brandon Austin’s catch to convert on a two-point attempt in Overtime, the Virginia Tech Hokies ended the drama in Lane Stadium. The Hokies edged the Florida State Seminoles 29-28 in the early season ACC matchup which may have lasting implications in the race for the conference crown. Though Florida State may have lost, they were equal to the Hokies in an entertaining back-and-fourth affair.

The Seminoles had tied the game with under a minute remaining in regulation and carried the momentum into the overtime period, scoring a TD to take a 28-21 lead. The Hokies, sensing the game slipping away from their grip, went for the touchdown on the first play of overtime and were successful. Seeing Austin in one-on-one coverage, and with the FSU safety playing near the line of scrimmage, QB Jonathan Pollard audibled Austin to a “Go” route and hit him right as he entered the end zone, out-of-reach of the charging Seminole safety. When a reporter asked why not take his changes to the second overtime period, Coach Guster said, “Shawn, you must be out of your mind to think I wouldn’t try to win the game here.”

Florida State had opened the scoring by methodically driving down the field on the opening possession, culminating in a short TD run by HB Devonta Freeman. The Seminoles mixed the run and the pass masterfully, keeping the Hokies defense off balance. Nevertheless, Virginia Tech responded by in a similar fashion, by slowly driving down the field with Pollard tying the game on a four yard QB run. Expecting FSU to look for the run, the Hokies took to the air and used the short/intermediate passing game to move the chains. The game followed this pattern the remainder of the contest as FSU reclaimed the lead at 14-7 in the second quarter and Virginia Tech tying it in the third. It wasn't until the fourth quarter when Virginia Tech first led in the game, but as had been the case throughout the game, the team trailing found a way to come back. In this case, the Seminoles took possession with under four minutes remaining and scored the XP-pending tying touchdown with about a minute left to play. At this point, Coach Guster expected the Seminoles to attempt to win the game in regulation, but was content to be proven wrong when FSU kicked the extra-point.

Kapono, good game! I surely thought you’d go for two at the end of regulation and also when you scored your touchdown in overtime. Even though my offense had played so well all game long, I kept thinking in the back of my mind that it was only a matter of time before I made a mistake. It seemed that you were expecting me to come out running, so all the passing (especially in the first half) must have surprised you a bit.

Notable Stats
    Florida State Seminoles Virginia Tech Hokies[/B]
    QB Jameis Winston - 10/14, 127 yards, TD QB Jonathan Pollard - 22/26, 262 yards, 3 TD, INT; 3 car, 28 yards, TD, long 23
    FB James Wilder - 13 car, 106 yards, TD, long 19 HB Gemara Anderson - 14 car, 57 yards, long 13; 5 rec, 20 yards, long 13
    HB Devonta Freeman - 11 car, 47 yards, 2 TD, long 25 WR Brandon Austin - 6 rec, 73 yards, 3 TD, long 25
    WR Kelvin Benjamin - 5 rec, 71 yards, TD, long 25 OLB Robert Burks - 8 tack
    FS Colin Blake - 5 tack, INT Third Down: 8/10

25. Jayrah

Ole Miss 21 @ S. Carolina 24 OT

Wow. Just wow. Up 21-7, lost it because my O-line is garbage as it gets. 11 sacks, 2 sack fumbles, including scoop and score, 4 interceptions, 2 missed FGs. And a play that was supposedly "set up" in OT has perfect coverage all over the field and gets picked. Ballz