Season 2 Team Outlook

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 19, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

So, where has your team gotten better through recruiting? Worse? (Please don't include normal player progression as better.) Predictions for this year?

Better:
    QB. Went from Brooks (77 ovr 80 thp 80 tha 67 spd) to incoming freshman Poland (79 ovr 84 thp 83 tha 88 spd)

WR. Added Andre Grant (aka Biscuit) to an already stacked position.

TE. Added 2 guys who could start. Neither are fantastic but still better than I was last year.

LB. Loss of 80 ovr MLB is upped by incoming stud 70 ovr MLB and 74 ovr OLB added along with a 90 speed MLB who will put up stats whether JQwon13 says he's ugly or not.

CB. Lost SR starters of 70 and 64 overalls but got deep with additions of 67, 64, 64 and 62, all more suited for my D.

Worse:
    FB. Lost my 63 ovr starter and didn't really replace him but added 2 TEs. I'll be looking to explore my Ace PBs.

OL. Added a nice 4* G who'll start at LG but graduated a T and a G rated in the mid 70s.

S. Graduated both starters who weren't all that great but I didn't do a bang up job of replacing them.

Predictions:
    I'm seeing revenge wins vs Qwon, Crumb and Nik on the way to a conference championship loss. 10 win season.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

So you admit you'll be losing to me this year again (y)

3. DirtycashDylan

Ever heard of an Irish *****?

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

JUCO University can't overcome Quaker power

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Got better...

WR. I signed two 4*s that will start and a 3* that will be playing in 4wr sets. Three of my top four are freshmen. My wideouts were all around 84-85 speed last season, and I left a ton of yards and points on the board because my overall team speed was so slow. I think my fastest offensive player was 87 speed. Now I'll have at least 3 players on the field at all times with 92+ speed. Really looking forward to that.

RB. Van Buren returns and he had a pretty good offseason (+6) but he'll be challenged by freshman Donald Wadsworth, whose 94 speed will be hard to keep off the field. At first I was worried about his atrocious carry rating, but I checked and last year Van Buren had 3 fumbles in about touches with no conservative carry or anything, and he had similar carry rating.

OL - got a little better his year, but much better for the long haul. 3 freshmen guards will start and they are marginally better than the seniors that left, but in the years to come this will be a solid OL group in the future.

Worse - DL. Improved at DE with a stud freshman, but lost two 2nd team all Ivy DTs and the only other DT on the roster transferred. I'm starting two crappy 3* DTs. Looking at moving to the 3-4 but my LBs kind of suck too.

Most everything else didn't really change aside from progression.

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Better:
    QB. My starter from last year, Kody Monroe, went up to a 73 OVR but he'll play back up to my stud frosh, Dan Jones. 75 OVR with 89 spd, 80 THP, 77 THA

RB: Starter from last year, Dusty Morse returns for his junior year. 86 OVR with 91 Spd

FB: Returned starter from last year, still only up to a 62 OVR

WR: Returned two of my top three WRs and added 79 OVR true frosh Jeremy Cummings.

TE. Signed two true frosh who are both better than my starter from last year, 77 and 71 OVR

T: Returned both starters from last year, but moved one to center to make room for true frosh John Hicks, 73 OVR. The other starter is 75 OVR

DE: Returned one starter and added a 77 OVR true frosh to the other side

MLB: Return starter Cody Schultz for his junior season as a 73 OVR

CB: Return both starters but they still suck, 71 and 68 OVR

S: Return both starters for their junior years. FS Sammie Winston, 81 OVR and SS Kelechi Greene, 73 OVR

Worse:
    OLB: Return my best OLB who is a 74 OVR, but graduated my other to be replaced by 67 OVR true frosh Ernest Robinson​
    DT: Lost two solid DTs and they are replaced by a true frosh DE and a scrub jr. 69 and 66 OVR

Predictions:
    Much improved team. The OL is very solid and the addition of two very good blocking tight ends will certainly help the running game for star Dusty Morse.​

7. DirtycashDylan

8. DirtycashDylan