Season 2 - Too Early Predictions

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'll start.....

Who wins the SEC East next year?
    On paper, Kapono has the most stacked team next year at FSU. I'm going to say he lives up to the roster and gets into the SEC title game.

Who wins the SEC West next year?
    My beatdown against whygodwhy1111 showed me one thing clearly - he has figured out how to pass the ball really well. If that continues, the East and the SEC, are his to lose for a while.

Who wins the conference?
    See above, WGW is the champ again. The only question to me is if anyone knocks him off along the way.

Who will be the first person to drop a game to the CPU in season 2?
    Without knowing the schedules, I'm going to say Cheez drops one before anyone else. He was playing with fire in his last two CPU games against lower tier SEC teams.

Does anyone miss a bowl game in season 2?
    I don't think anyone will, as I think gowazzucougs and Jayrah figured some stuff out toward the end of the year and will be tough outs in user games next season.

What is the story/subplot you are most looking forward to next year?
    I'm curious to see if MexiRican35 gets off the slip he seemed to be on in user games against the other top users and manages to knock off WGW and Wyrmreaver for the West crown. I'm also curious to see how Wrym, WGW and myself deal with the losses on defense we are all experiencing this offseason.

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

• I will not fall for Dru50 bemoaning his defense. Georgia keeps the crown
    • Hard to pick against someone who went undefeated last season. whygodwhy1111 and Arkansas make it back to the SEC Championship game
    Who wins the conference?
    • Jayrah , because magic doesn't get you everywhere.
    • Jayrah , because magic doesn't get you everywhere.
    • How will gowazzucougs and Alabama rebound after failing to make a bowl this season?

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I'll jump in..... since it's way too early!

First, i'll say great season to everyone! Most of the user games were hard fought and even the champ didn't have an easy time in most of his match ups.

Prediction 1: No user team will go undefeated, that was impressive from WGW, but with the level of competition I don't see it happening again in year 2.

In the East:
    • I'm going Darkhorse here..... Boom29 was a seriously tough out in the second half of the year and he brings back basically everyone that matters. After roster trolling, he loses his big time SS but at every other position he either returns the starters or the backup will be as good or better than the guy leaving.
    • If his HB stays healthy, Dru50 will be in the mix. Boo hoo, he loses some guys on D, so what, he'll allow 13 PPG vs users instead of 6?
    • I picked Kapono last year and then he... well, he was FSU and he did what they do. I imagine he'll have another good year, but I think boom and dru will edge him out
    • SatansAngel1104 and UF quietly had a pretty solid year. Outside of a couple spots he returns a ton of guys and should be even better this year than last.
    • DirtycashDylan could be in for a long season if Lattimore goes pro. He loses a ton of talent on defense and with the CPU recruiting he may find himself near the East cellar
    • Cheez will play better and have a worse record. Not sure why, but it seems that everyone here wants to beat him more than they want to beat anyone else. In at least one user game he'll throw a couple TDs early, think he's figured out this new concept of "the forward pass" and promptly throw a couple picks, get behind, have to throw more and get picked off a few more times.
    In the West:
    • I gotta pick myself. I love the adjustments i have coming in my playbooks. I felt like in all 3 of my losses I had legitimate shots to win those games and if I can cut back on some mistakes I can come out on top (same can be said for many)
    • I didn't pick whygodwhy1111 and here's why. First, even though he beat some people pretty bad, he could have easily lost to Mizzou and TAMU last season, some of the breaks are bound to go the other way. Second, he loses league MVP Tyler Wilson. He will have good running QBs, but he will not have the same kind of accuracy he had last year. He loses his #1 WR, #1 TE, depth at HB (#2 and #3), and finally, the best LB on the team next year is a 73 right now. Even with all of that, there are plenty of reasons to like him to win.
    • recchem2000 and Auburn are much much better when he has his dual threat QB. If that guy is healthy all season he could be dangerous.
    • gowazzucougs will find new and interesting ways to lose games
    • Jayrah will play worse! And end up with a better record
    • MexiRican35 's team is F'ng loaded! His defense returns virtually everyone! I think he goes 10-2 or 11-1 and just misses the SEC title game on a tie-breaker
    Final Prediction: Even though the SEC will have a 1 loss team as the conference champs and will have 8+ top 25 teams, we;ll get snubbed in the NC game in favor of an undefeated Big East or non BCS conference team.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

ITS BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL BASTARDS! THATS WHY!!!!!!

6. Wyrmreaver

Miami Hurricanes

Missouri Tigers

Who wins the conference?
    My Zou

..... South Carolina

Too close to call! I say no, everyone gets to 6+ wins

All of it, every team and division has interesting stuff going on for year 2. Can Arky repeat, can Georgia win the big game, can LSU capitalize on their talent, can Bama and TAMU bounce back, Who will step up at SC if Lattimore leaves, Will Tennessee ever attempt over 20 passes in a game, who will win the battle for florida.... and more

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I think the Gators pull together a couple of user game wins and finds his way into title game.

LSU stops throwing picks, picks up the old Cheez offense, and rides its D into the championship.

Who wins the conference?

Defense wins championships. LSU

Boom29 gets the early test against a touch opponent and loses on the road

Cheez loses the last game of the year against the CPU to go 5-7. Probably Vanderbilt.

How far will Alabama drop.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I can't decide if people got a kick out of me losing, or everyone sees me as an automatic win :confused:

9. gowazzucougs

Wyrmreaver

We all want to beat Cheez because he was fucking unbeatable last year with Stanford, and he enjoyed it a little too much. recchem2000 and I hated it. We would go into these games knowing we were going to lose, and Cheez would just thrash us. If Dru hadn't left maybe he could have kept him in his place, but he left, and Cheez ran wild

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

The SEC East will come down to the winner of the Florida SatansAngel1104 vs. Florida State Kapono game. It will be tough for Georgia Dru50 to repeat their defensive performance.

Missouri Wyrmreaver. While the Tigers will be losing some talent, their offense will remain high-powered. They had some tough losses in year one, but should rebound.

Who wins the conference?
    Missouri wins the conference, giving the SEC West a 2-0 record in Conference Championship Games.

Miami will be the first team to drop a CPU game after going unscathed in season one.

No. However, Miami comes back to earth after a surprising season to flirt with a losing season, ultimately finishing 6-6.

Texas A&M Jayrah. They are the great unknown. The Aggies have the talent/coaching to beat anyone, but will also have losses that are tough to explain.

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Dru50 probably going to hold down the east again. Possible Kapono F's up his christmas a bit. But Dru ran the East table last year, and will probably be hitting up the practice wall in preparation of climbing to the TOP.

I choose ME. I predict great things with the spread option attack being added to my ever improving passing game.

Who wins the conference?

I think it will be me, but defense could let me down

Who ever plays an A+ cpu team first

South Carolina could be in trouble without a recruiting class

Miraculously my qb will get hit 15 times a game but not get injured...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Hey Wyrmreaver the way the schedules got set up, we're protected rivals :) . I know you said you were excited to not play us next season...and it's @ FSU so we can play for revenge.

13. Wyrmreaver

Well, I was happy to not play you every season..... but if I must....

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Who wins the SEC East next year? - Who cares, there the little sisters of the SEC anyways. I'll pick Florida State since they always seem to be overrated in preseason polls anyways.

Who wins the SEC West next year? - War Eagle!!!!

Who wins the conference? - Really do I need to repeat myself...WAR EAGLE!!!

Who will be the first person to drop a game to the CPU in season 2? - Depending on the schedule it could be War Eagle vs Oklahoma if Dru abides. They worked me over something fierce in the Cotton Bowl!

Does anyone miss a bowl game in season 2? - Thats a great question. Looking at the rosters I think Tennessee or Mizzou might. Though I would bet nobody misses out this season.

What is the story/subplot you are most looking forward to next year? - The only game that maters...Iron Bowl. Auburn destroys Alabama again this season!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'll be missing a few games, so most likely not me. I'll give it to Georgia.

I'll give this one to Mexi and LSU. The team is stacked and I think he can find a way to get to the CCG with just 1 conference loss.

Who wins the conference?
    Georgia wins and finishes 12-1

No clue, maybe me since I'll probably miss a few games.

Yes we'll see 2 people not make bowl games, just not sure who yet. I'm thinking Auburn and Tennessee this season.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK...just so you all know, Wyrmreaver OL is not good. I did his offseason crap tonight and I know. If we are going to beat him, its now. I don't know about Arky but im pretty sure they lost alot too. Im calling on the West to step up and knock off these 2 stick jockeys! Happy IPA day everyone :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I hope I play you this season :mad:

18. Wyrmreaver

They (my o-line) had essentially the same ratings last season......

Not sure if you noticed, but my QB/HB combo is kinda sick! Oh, and my top 3 receivers go 6-6, 6-5, 6-4 so I like my chances on jump balls!

19. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Who wins the SEC East next year? I hope I can mess up @Kapono's season early, but he handled me last year and is pretty loaded up. I predict he'll give it a good run, however UGA's defense has to be beat and if there's one thing Dru50 is really good at it's D. UGA wins the East again.

Who wins the SEC West next year? whygodwhy1111 and his Razorbacks (even though TAMU takes him out at Kyle Field this year ;))

Who wins the conference? Arkansas

Who will be the first person to drop a game to the CPU in season 2? Cheez for all his smack talk.

Does anyone miss a bowl game in season 2? Yes, Cheez Tennessee. Not everyone can go bowlin'!

What is the story/subplot you are most looking forward to next year? How much better 'Bama and Tamu are after some late season adjustments last season. Especially the Aggies who should be getting better.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I noticed :(

21. gowazzucougs

Georgia, I want to picks someone else, but if FSU couldn't do it in Season 1, why will this season be any different. Everyone else I believe is a work in progress.

Since everyone knows I am not doing it, and Arkansas seems to be rebuilding, and Mizzou has no O-Line. I will jinx my state rival, and pick recchem2000 Auburn Tigers

Who wins the conference? Georgia, we know Auburn is not Georgia

Probably, me but I will go with Tennessee since Cheez was tempting fate near the end of the season.

Yes, I am not saying anyone will finish with less than 6 wins, but I don't think the computer will find bowls for all of us.

Will Texas A&M continue to run the Air Raid. I personally think that was what led to Texas A&M's downfall in season 1. TAMU needs to rely more on the run and less on the pass.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats a fools pick Forest! I will try not to let you down but don't count on it.

23. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

The Miami Hurricanes will open the season with three straight User games, against the three teams it lost to in season one. An 0-3 start would give the Canes very little margin for error.

24. gowazzucougs

Well it was you or LSU and I don't have faith in mexi

25. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Cmon. It's Mexi-CAN!