Season 2 - Week 1 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Season 2 - Week 1 Game Summaries

Its time to test out how this season will treat us. Good luck everyone.

2. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

UNLV is Physically Dominated in Season Opener

UCLA 48 UNLV 35​

The Rebels opened up their 2011 season by taking on the UCLA Bruins at home. Coach distrktFIVE said he was excited to play someone out of the Pac-10 to see how well his boys could compete but I doubt he was expecting to get manhandled all over the field as much as the Rebels did.
    A UCLA TD in the first was the lone scoring as UNLV ate up tons of clock and punched in a run to start the second quarter. UCLA answered on their next drive to go up 7 again. On the ensuing kick off, UNLV fumbled the ball and UCLA scooped and scored to go up 14. That 14 point swing is what really killed UNLV. The game got out of hand but in the 4th quarter, the offence from UNLV stopped turning the ball over and looked much more polished, posting 28 points in the quarter.

While the defense will be searching for answers all season long to try and stop anyone from hanging a huge number on the Rebels, it looks like the Wing-T offence will be able to put up some points to, hopefully, keep UNLV in some games.

Player of the Game:
    UCLA HB Jonathan Franklin - 21 Carries for 133 yards + 4 TD
    UNLV QB Mike Clausen - 7-15 for 177 yards + 3 TD 1 INT, 20 Carries for 157 yards + 2 TD

PS- It throws an error every time I try and post this on the EA site. Also I have no idea how to do videos...

3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

[​IMG]

Miners overcome being down 21-0 in the First Quarter to pull out the Win

There is no doubt about it, this is a rebuilding year for the UTEP Miners. After losing almost their entire offense, including All-World RB Donald Buckram to the NFL, the Miners dropped from a B- on onffense to a lousy C- and in fact are a C- across the board (special teams and defense as well). As the game started and Hawaii put 21 points on the board before one could blink an eye you could see despair in Miner fans, "Its gonna be one of these years... *sigh*" but the boys in Orange would have nothing to do with it. "Ya know we had a lot of studs last year, "Star Players", this year we'll have to play more as a team, win as a team", second year Head Coach Chaotic said. This is exactly what the Miners did. After being down 21-0 in the first quarter, the Miners fired back and held Hawaii to zero points the rest of the game, while adding 27 of their own over the next 3 quarters. "It was a hell of a win and a great showing off the heart of this team, we won't give up, we won't back down." -- Next week the Miners will play host to #19 Penn State which will show where this Miner team really stands

Player of the Game: UTEP- Jr- DB- Deshawn Grayson- 12 total tackles- 7 solo- 5 assist- FF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Red Wolves shock Cincy

Red Wolves win OT Thriller
    [​IMG][​IMG]

On Saturday the opening season crowd in Jonesboro, Arkansas was at the field early tailgating and the chatter of another great season was underway. However the opening drive of Cincinnati silenced the crowd. The Bearcats used their spread offense to take the ball down the field and into the endzone. Still trying to get something going in the second quarter the Bearcats continued to pour it on the Red Wolves taking a 21-0 lead. As some of the crowd began to leave before things got any worse Coach Sabo called a timeout.

"I told my guys to get their head on. Were getting dominated out here. This does not happen in our house. This is our game, you can either pick your heads up and play the kind of ball I know you can or you can let this team run the table on us."

The Red Wolves came out after the timeout like a new team. With 00:51 left before the half Qb Ryan Aplin landed a 20 yard touchdown pass to WR Muse. The Red Wolve crowd began to get back into the game. The kickoff following the ASU touchdown was fumbled by the Bearcats and the Red Wolves recovered. A quick scoring drive with 00:33 on the clock and the Red Wolves pull within 7 points. The Red Wolves are now in full force. The Bearcats try to compose themselves after they return the kick with seconds on the clock. Bearcat Qb Zach Collaros then attempts to run the option but its picked off mid pitch by Red Wolves CB Chaz Scales and returned 20 yards for a touchdown to tie the game going into the half.

The 2nd half showed a defensive battle from both teams with no points being scored. With under a minute left on the clock in the 4th quarter the Bearcats had an opportunity to take the win with a chip shot field goal. Coach Sabo called timeout and iced the kicker and it proved worth it as the kick went wide left. The crowd errupts as the game enters overtime.

In overtime the Red Wolves defend first. The Bearcats fail to convert on 3 downs and again its time for the kick. Coach Sabo again calls a timeout to ice an already rattled kicker. As the ball is about to be snapped a lineman for the Bearcats is called offsides and back 10 yards the Cats go. The kick goes up and its wide right. The Red Wolve nation goes crazy. Now its the Red Wolves turn on offense. Following a twenty yard rush by HB standout Frankie Jackson the Red Wolves are knocking on the door. The Wolves call on Jackson one more time and he punches it in for 6. The crowd rushes the field and goes crazy.

Coach Sabo had this to say after the game "We have just played one of the greatest games in school history. We were down early and our heart was tested. We showed our determination and came back and got the win"

The Red Wolves travel to Fayettville next week to take on in state rival #6 Arkansas in what is sure to be a thriller.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great games guys weve all had fights on our hands.

Oh and the error problem on the easerver are gone. I got them too yesterday but their up now. distrktFIVE get with me on AIM and i will show you how to get videos.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

Utah State Falls To Iowa State

In what was sure to be a steep challenge for a young Aggies team, Iowa State road into town yesterday and applied a beat down on the Aggies, winning 45-14.

This was a tough game for us and they have a lot more talent than us. However, that does not give us the right to mail in the game like this. We must do better next game, work hard and win. Coach B was quoted as saying after the game.

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Rockets Fall Coach to Blame

Despite a monster game from Morgan Williams, 40 carries for over 300 yards rushing and 5 touchdowns, the Toledo Rockets fell to the visiting Indiana Hoosiers 49-48 in a double overtime thriller . The tough defense of the Hoosiers kept the passing game at bay for much of the first half. The Hoosiers leaped in front early and built a seemingly insurmountable 14-0 lead, but Morgan Williams opened up his Heisman campaign early with a 70 yard toss sweep to make it 14-7. Indiana would answer back with a Darius Willis 5 yard touchdown run to make it 21-7 at the half.

The second half opened with another Morgan Williams touchdown run to cut the lead to 21-14. The scoring would go back and forth until late in the fourth when, down by seven with two minutes to go, Austin Dantin choreographed a 65 yard scoring drive to tie the ball game at 35 a piece and the stage was set for OT.

In the extra possessions Toledo went on offense first and followed it's run game into the end zone, but that was quickly answered by the Hoosiers. In the next possession, Indiana scored quickly to take a 7 point lead. With his defense in shambles Coach Easy made a controversial decision to go for two on the next PAT attempt. When Morgan Williams ran it in from 9 yards he did not hesitate to go back to the workhorse for the win. Unfortunately the Hoosiers had figured as much and stopped him for a no gain. Ball game, Rockets lose.

8. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Tough loss bro.
    Overall we are having some exciting games and this is just WEEK 1 !!!

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have one slight gripe about the sliders. The CPU pass rush was ungodly in my game. There were about 5 or 6 rocket sacks. Seemed unsim to me.

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Discuss in Thoughts thread. We can make small modifications.

11. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

San Diego State (1-0) 24 vs. Ole Miss (0-1) 14

The San Diego State Aztecs escaped Ole Miss by a score of 24-14 in the first week of the season, starting off 2011 just as they ended 2010. "Our defense stepped up and propelled us to victory today," said Coach E, "Dontrell Onuahu and Jose Perez were exceptional on the field today." The Aztec defense forced 3 interceptions and had 4 sacks on the day.

On the offensive side of the ball, Senior Quarterback Ryan Lindley threw for 193 yards and a TD and Junior Halfback Walter Kazee carried the ball 24 times for 97 yards and a TD.

Player of the Game: Jose Perez, 2 INT , 1 TD

Player to Watch: After getting minimal playing time last season, and the defensive line of the Aztecs being a big question mark at the beginning of the season. Sophomore DT Dontrell Onuahu had 4 tackles and 2 sacks for the San Diego State defense as he looks to fill the shoes of All American BJ Williams who graduated last year.

Follow the Aztecs as they take on Air Force at home next week.

12. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

LA Tech vs USM

Ruston-

The Bulldogs dropped their opening game by 3 in a game where nothing went right.

"I'm convinced we had the better team, I just don't know what happened out there." said a disgusted coach Darren Douglas after the game.

"There was no pass blocking on my side, our blocking at all for that matter, recievers dropped every thing, and the their defense was everywhere, I just don't understand it".

Hopefully the Bulldogs can right the ship next week against the Colorado Buffaloes.

13. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Lobos 28 Louisville Cardinals 14

Lobos would match win total from last year in first contest against Louisville. UNM would need a little bit a luck and a heady defense to get past the Cardinal and notched the first win for new Coach Maij. Offensively the Lobos were led by Soph. QB Terean Austin who would rebound after throwing 4 int's to have a excellent 4th quarter and get the win. The Lobos defense would dominate after giving up to quick scores in the first, led by Sr. LB Carmen Messina (8 tackles, 1 sack), and Sr. CB Anthony Hooks (game clinching INT return for TD). After the game, Coach Maij stated, " The guys really showed me something, we were down early, and we fought back. Defensively, we kept a very good offense at bay, offensively, I would like to cut down on the turnovers but Terean bounced back well after throwing those int's." The Lobos will welcome Boston College to University Staduim next week, as the 3 game homestead continues.

Game Stats
    T. Austin 17-29 288yds 1td 4int's, 13att 4yds 2tds
    D. Dennis 11att 27yds
    T. Kirk 6rec 124yds

14. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

Arizona (37) & FIU (24)

What I had written up didn't post, and then I lost the info when I went to change my signature so I'll give you a brief description.

Zona went up 17-0 midway through the first half, FIU faught back in the second half after trailing 20-10, but they would never get any closer than 10 points. This game was won by Zona because they shut down FIU's ground game holding them to -20 yards rushing on 11 attempts. The brightspots for FIU were all-american FS Crypien coming up with a pick, and the passing game coming around in the second half.

15. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

lol seems like cpu run defense needs to be upped possibly, because 350+ yards of rushing isn't really sim either(y)