Season 2, Week 10 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We Advanced!
    We move again on Saturday at 10 pm ET
    or when 11/11 are ready

Last week: We gained a new guy, who I plan on calling Skippy. Pro and Plague lost...again, making that vacation those two are planning to wine country this fall look even nicer

Everyone else...won...again. So bascially our commish made the league harder, so hard that we are all winning by large margins? I am no scientist but um....

This week: User Games: None again...lame
    Game of the week...FIU vs Southern Miss

Go...play...my beauties...

• Like Like x 2
  2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  3. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Recruits for the week not sure how this will work but 3 recruits including my Punter run in the 4.3 range and my 2 Star FB is a 78 overall. Somethings brewing...Stay Tuned

Go Big Red

Recruits uddated.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Use-ies Spotlight on...

Jarrett Whitehead. Running away with running back of the year award. The first user to hit 1000 yards, this freshman is the real deal. The reason he might now win the league MVP award...his number...48. Change that shit Weave, it is ugly to look at. Speed and elusivness...this is what the rest of should recruit. He is only 30 yards from leading the NCAA in rushing...and that is with 64 less carries than the douche from Georgia (not you plague).

Still not getting any love from the Heisman voters and even if he makes a late run, the young man from Wisconsin is having. Lets hope Weave leaves Texas State so we don't have to see three Heismans from this jackass.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Skippy hmmmm I can take that. Look forward to my first week with Idaho and putting some wins together.

7. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Is it me or is this week really easy, my team can do no wrong. I have more INTS than I have had all season long, and my qb is putting the passes right on the spot

8. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Well good evening to all,

Reporting for the Idaho Vandals football team I am Skippy Patterson. Today was a whirlwind day for the program as we learned that Coach Moss left Maryland after a half of season to take the reigns here in Idaho. Sure enough as soon as he got off the plane he had two recruits sign with him immediately they are.

Bryson Jones Tight End (OVR 53) 1 star rating from Sandpoint, Idaho
    Derrick Wagner Tackle (OVR 53) i star rating for Rigby, Idaho.

Both men are looking to start immediately next season and look forward to playing with Coach Moss as he bring a smashmouth style game on both ends of the ball and ready to bring life to the Idaho football program.

We had a chance to talk to Coach Moss in an exclusive interview.

"We'll first off its a great honor to come to Idaho and coach this kids and get them on the right path and get them towards winning some games and getting back some pride into Idaho football. People are wondering why I would leave a school like Maryland to come here. We'll were in the middle of a solid rebuilding season there and had two huge wins on the road against UCONN and Virginia. We got back from Virginia at meet with the president of the school and the AD and they talked about giving me an extension on my contract. I said I did not want to bring any pressure to myself and to the kids. We are just focused on playing a very good North Carolina State. That was the only thing I was worried at the time was preparing the kids for the next game. They were astonished I didn't want to talk about a contract extension so they decided it would be in the best interest of the university and the football program to move on to a different coach starting immediately. I was floored and amazed that they would let me go like that. So I got on the phone with my agent and he mentioned he had some ties to the Idaho program. I was intrigued about going to the WAC and playing some solid schools and looking at there upcoming schedule. I gave my agent the green light so they fired the head coach and brought me in immediately."

"Tomorrow will be our first practice and we got a game coming up really quick and not much time to prepare but this will be a test for the kids early how they adapt to a new system and trying to keep some of the things there use to in place and not throw them off. I can't wait to get started and bang some heads in that dome and make that place loud to play in when the other team comes to town."

Two more games against FCS teams then UNLV comes to town for a good ole rivalry game.

This is Skippy Patterson signing off.

• Like Like x 5
  9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Ok, I lost. In overtime. but...this game was amazing. I had two of the best highlights I have ever had. One, an amazing INT and the other...a blocked FG....I think my first ever the more I think about it. Write up tomorrow, but wow...check the vids

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

MTSU gets a mcuh needed win after losing to rival WKU

MTSU just put a beat down on rival troy! MTSU was ready to play from the get go, as they would force 4 INTS in the first half alone but they would only finish with 5 total INTS. The offense would have similar success as QB T. Byerly would only play for one half of the game but would torch the opposing defense. MTSU was just clicking on all cylinders and could not be stopped in this game. Do have another crazy curl pass, broken tackle for a td highlight for you Weave

Not much more can be said about this one besides that the Blue Raiders were pissed about losing to WKU and then having a bye week to think about and focus that anger towards their other rival troy and just punish them on troy's own home field

Final score MTSU 61 troy 21

Now next week a huge game against Sun Belt conference leader texas state in San Marcos ( San Marcos great place to go and do some serious partying, its a lot of fun I trip down there every summer for week and its a blast)

Qb. T. Byerly 14-19 288yds 3 tds 2 INTS
    HB R. Whatley 15 carries 75 yds 1 td
    Wr. J. Lawson 4 catches 128 yds 1 td
    Wr. K. Griswould 5 catches 82yds 1 td

• Like Like x 1
  11. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Good Job Skip

12. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I don't even know where to start...By the way another rain game. Ark St. beat me in every statistical catagory this game.

WKU 43 - Ark St. 10

Crazy Game and my defense really stepped up in this one scoring 2 TD's on fumble recoveries and 1 Safety. Weave the second fumble recovery was a sure fire # 1, Ark St QB had a clear path to the end zone and my DB hit sticks him on their 3 yard line and reserve Safety picked up the ball and ran 97 yards for the TD, the only problem is the highlight started as he was running at the 40 yard line, but I got a few others that I hope you guys like.

QB Josh Mason was knocked out of the game three times before he finally was pulled by Coach Morgan in the 3rd Qtr.

The score after the 1st Qtr was 7-7 and then everything came together and as Weave said a few weeks back Ark St is a great team who just plays dumb.

Looking at the Highlights, Game Summary and Statline...I don't know what the hell happened in this game?

QB Josh Mason 8-16 157 YDS 1 TD

QB Josh Mason 7 Rushes 158 YDS 2 TD

WR Boe Brand 1 REC 53 YDS 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Idk G Morg about your number one play because I have one where my wide receiver trucks the db and goes for 72 yard touchdown, so we will have to how weave picks

• Like Like x 1
  14. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

My best play showed the DB running after the he had already picked up the ball so I know you beat the highlight I didn't even save it but I have a 88 yard QB run that is sweet but its still not a top play, some of the plays that you guys have been coming up with hell its hard to get in on the top plays.

15. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Yeah we are coming up with some awesome highlights in this league and making it fun for weave

16. Luke

Luke Walk On

Squeaked out a close one 38-35 on a field goal with a minute left. Both offenses went HAM. Colin Michael had the best game of his young career throwing for 360 yards and 4 touchdowns. Alex Neutz continued his hot pace with 3 grabs including a sick 20 yarder where he came down with one foot down in bounds. Travis Bentley had the first 100 yard game of his career and added a rushing touchdown. Bentley is expected to be the full time starter next year once Branden Oliver graduates. Speaking of Oliver, word is he'll practice this week and is expected to suit up in Toledo.

17. Goose

Goose Walk On

FIU creates a log jam atop the CUSA East standings with a 17-16 squeaker.

FIU's offense dominated the first half of the game, in every statistical category especially one. INT's and that would be because Medlock threw a 101 yard pick 6 on his first drive. Medlock would settle down and throw for a season high 416 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Backup running back Coleman ran for 61 yards on 16 carries as Wright caught 10 passes for 208 yards and 1 TD.

FIU would take a 14-7 lead into halftime, but the offense never came out of the showers for the second half both teams would not score a TD for the rest of the game. USM would knock in a 44 should be game winner, but with 1:12 left in the game their defense decided to rest and allow Medlock to lead the Golden Panthers down for field where James would hit the 25 yard game winner with 1 second left on the clock. FIU and Coach Goose are now bowl eligible!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

[​IMG]

You could always come visit me on your wine tour as I do live in wine country :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

TEXAS STATE 42, UL LAFAYETTE 17

RB Whitehead 14 carries, 169 yards, 3 TD (First multi TD game of the year for him). Numbers are a bit misleading as he had 3 long runs and not much of anything else.
    RB Franks 8 carries, 106 yards, TD

UL Lafayette's QB ran for over 100 yards against me, even with 4 sacks.
    I was down at the half and just steam rolled them in the second.
    I had 0 sustained drives. Tons of long TD runs (punt return for TD, 33, 74, 60, 50 yard runs). It was either a long run or I would get stuffed in the backfield. Not much in between.

I am hoping to get my QB back this week. It would be just in time for HUGE closing stretch of games (MTSU, VT, UTSA, WKU).

• Like Like x 1
  20. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

UTSA 21, Tulsa 7

Another bizzare-o game for me. I was playing Bama's D with Bama's D for the first quarter. By the end of the first, both teams together had amassed 38 total yds. Eric Soza was 1-4 with 3 drops and negative -28 rushing yes (sacks).

I went conservative and finally ran play-action and got a wide open Kam Jones on the outside to open things up at 7-0 in the 2nd. Later the same quarter, I had an absolutely perfect pitch on an option, so perfect that I stopped and took a photo (I saved a photo but have NO idea why i didn't save the highlights as I just exited after game like an idiot... so bummed) of it for a 67yd TD by running back Okotcha.

Tulsa would score 7 but in the 3rd, Soza threw a curl route to an open Brandon Freeman who had the filthiest yet (yep, thats right and I didn't save the highlight!) catch and spin move where I think the DBs ankles literally broke in two as UTSA went up 21-7 for the duration. It was a defensive masterpiece by UTSA.

Update on sacks/pressure: Yea, now that I don't blitz AT ALL I am even better. I can at least say that it has def been proven wrong that you can't get pressure with dline-men. My dilemma now is how to deal with the amazing amount of sacks my d-line and especially my DE is getting. Again, no jumps snap, no shifts, no blitzing. When the QB hikes the ball, my DE is just destroying opposing o-lines. I now have 3 of the top 4 sack artists in the nation and 3 of them are lineman. Ha! No idea. But my outside swim move is NASTY!

• Like Like x 1
  21. vatechhokie01

its been like 3hrs and all that is left is Pro and Plague again?!!! lmao...

you guys are amazing and Pro and Plauge....

LETS GO!

22. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Idaho wins there first game under Coach Moss 31-17!!
    This is Skippy Patterson reporting after a sellout crowd files out of the Kibbie Dome and witnesses history as Coach Moss records his first ever win as the new Vandals head coach 31-17 over the Dragons of FCS Midwest.
    The Vandals would take the opening drive down the field only to stall and settle for a field goal. The Dragons would score a touchdown in the middle of the quarter and the Dragons would lead 7-3 going into the second quarter.
    The Vandals would score in the second quarter on a 12 yard pass play by Tyler Davis to Tight End Tyler Elmo to go into halftime leading 10-7.
    In the third quarter both defenses would battle a late third quarter rushing touchdown by the Dragons and they lead 14-10 going into the final quarter.
    Let the Donavon Cunningham show begin as we entered the fourth as Coach Moss saw that the Dragons couldn't stop the run all game and wanted to play smashmouth football and wear the Dragons out defensively and they did. Donavon scores on a 22 yard run to recapture the lead to make it Idaho 17-14.
    The crowd was stunned when the Dragons would hit on a 48 yard field goal barely clearing the crossbar to tie the game. But this game was different than other games. There was no panic on the Vandals sideline as Coach Moss rallied the troops and drove the ball down the field and the speedster Todd Handley drives it in from 2 yards into the end zone to make it a 24-17 game and the crowd erupted. It was so loud in the Dome it was probably the loudest I have it heard in a very long time. They would stop the Dragons on there next drive as they went for it on 4th and goal and a great pass deflection in the end zone and the Vandals would drive down the field and chew some clock up and Cunningham puts it in the end zone from 9 yards out. Time would wind down and the Vandals would come away with the win 31-17.
    Here's Coach Moss after the game: "I saw a lot of poise in our kids there so use to being down early and often just by looking at previous game film on the team. Today the kids came out with a swagger and wanted to play smashmouth football and really stick it to the doubters out there. They were so animated during the team meeting the first day I landed in Idaho they just wanted to go out there and win. They did just that but we have a lot to improve on if we want to become a better football team. We got to get off to a faster start and start making stops on 3rd downs. We got a stern test next week when UNLV comes here for our first conference game of the year and we got to be ready for them."
    Players of the game:
    Taylor Davis 9/20 168 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    Donavon Cunningham 29 carries for 250 yards and two touchdowns
    Corey Sandberg 3 Tackles 3 sacks

• Like Like x 2
  23. vatechhokie01

correction: only Bonner left now! unbelievable,lol

24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Man I figured it out I spend all the QT with the family, recruit while we watch TV after dinner or at work. Then I game after everyone is sound asleep and I do my write ups the follow mornings. 24 hr cycle for me man! Check your inbox

25. Pro

Pro Walk On

Sorry we had a couples massage session scheduled for this morning. How could I have forgotten?

• Like Like x 1