Season 2 - Week 11 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 2 - Week 11 Scores

Week 11 - 2 user matchups.

User Games:
    Texas vs K-State
    Notre Dame vs Pittsburgh

We will advance Thursday night.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#13 Cincy 63
    WVU 42

The Bearcats are absolutely tired of chasing Noel Divine all over the field. Thankfully the UC offense was able to out power the Mountaineers in this one. Noel Divine was unstoppable as he ran like Nightcrawler from the X-Men, morphing from spot to spot on the field laughing at the struggling UC defenders all the while he racked up 252 yds on 24 carries and adding 61 through the air.

The Bearcats relied on ole faithful as Chazz Anderson tallied up 462 yds through the air thanks in large part to Mr. Unknown having a huge day as he destroyed the WVU 4-2-6 press coverage. SR WR Jamar Howard caught 6 balls for 246 yards and 3 scores. Traditionally not a guy the Bearcats go to a lot, he was all over the field in this one.

The Bearcats were completely unsuccessful running the ball in this one as WVU would line up in a 4-2-5 with 10 guys in the box anytime the UC tried to run it. Thankfully the passing game was working and the WVU secondary was exploitable.

This was a good brush up for the Bearcats as they get ready to host the USF Bulls next week in a game that's been circled on their calendar for quite a while.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

USF - 55
    SU - 6

Just sad...

I dont really have anything to say about this one other than every play worked exactly how I wanted it to.

Next up is Cincy, and I know they have been itching for a shot at us. We're going to have to bring our A game. B.J. Daniels & co. will be ready.

4. Dru50

Pittsburgh comes to ND and pulls out an epic win 38-31. Notre Dame had a 7 point lead with 2 minutes to play and had Pittsburgh with 4th and 26 at about the 35 yard line. Pitts QB then threw a prayer into the right corner of the endzone that was answered when their 6'6" WR Baldwin outjumped two flatfooted Irish defenders to haul down a TD to tie the game.

I got a little aggressive with about 30 seconds to go and threw the ball to the wrong receiver over the middle of the field for a pick 6 to give up the game.

Nice game Noles, nice game.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

great game Dru... Kinda hate winning like that but like I said in the party big risk throwing over the middle and getting hit while tryin to do it.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

The BigEAST is wiiiiide open now.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea, I started to think about that.

Pitt- 2 conf losses, no user conf games
    ND- 1 loss, USF left
    Cincy- 1 loss, USF left
    USF- Cincy & ND left

I think I am eliminated, while it is a three way race between ND, Cincy and USF

8. Dru50

Agreed, I meant to throw it to a different player, sort of brain farted when my OL didn't block the 4 man rush and hit A to throw it over the middle. Smart play would have been to just get to OT, but when you can get a stop on 4th and 26 it's probably not meant to be.

Like I told you in the party, for some reason I'm just not in the right mind for NCAA this past week or so, just can't get ramped up for these games lately.

9. Dru50

If I can get my mind right and sneak out a win vs your guys next week (which isn't likely the way I'm playing right now), I win the conference. If not, it comes down to you and Gators I think, since a win by him would give you both one conference loss but he'd have the tie breaker.

10. GoGators

You're not alone. I'm the same way right now, got my arse handed to me in SE as a result of that last week haha.

11. Dru50

I think Noles feels the same way a bit, we both were on the mic at the start of the game saying the same thing, that for some reason neither one of us really seemed to care who won or lost. I tried some stuff in that game just for the hell of it, like running a triple option with Clausen that led to an intercepted pitch and a TD for Pitt.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think we all still enjoy the game, but after 9 months its getting to be a little bit of a chore........that might be a little harse, but for lack of a better word I think its pretty close. You can see that TF as a whole is pretty much down to the diehards at this point.

13. Dru50

I hear you, I will keep trifecta going as long as enough guys want to keep playing, but I will understand if people start dropping out over the next month or two.

I'm still really only playing NCAA, but with the weather getting nicer, my wife and kids coming back into town and work picking up a bit, I'm not sure how long it will be before I have to cut down to just C2C and Trifecta. The wife is already giving me the message that she wants me to cut back on my 'scheduled' video games of NCAA.

14. dakota7

I've been getting the throat slash from my wife since the beginning. I got the same issues, weather is nicer and my son is loving it outside now.....well, all the reasons I already gave in the Victory Road thread. Theres a mass exodus in T4 right now too, I'm thinking about trimming that too.

15. dakota7

I'm not dropping the Trifecta though.......I'm sticking this out to the end and hopefully into 2011 as well

16. Dru50

Yeah, worst case I would cut back to only having C2C and Trifecta, at worst that would mean I'd have 2 user games in a 3 day window, which I can pull off after the wife and kids are asleep if needed.

17. dakota7

#11 Georgia 21
    #16 Auburn 28

Another bizarre game. Auburn came out with a plan to run the ball and eat some clock against the mighty Bulldog offense and was successfull with that strategy. The Tigers used up 17 minutes to Georgia's 11, by running the ball 57 times for 357 yards. The Dawgs didn't seem to want to play the pitchman on the triple option, leading Kodi Burns to some huge holes and td runs of 66 and 26 for a total of 228 yards. Burns added a 5 yarder on a QB draw and threw one td for good measure. The Iron Bowl awaits the Tigers next week.

18. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I think they best thing to do after this season might be to put the dynasty on a little break or make the advance once a week. The once a week advance would keep the dynasty going but at a pace were it doesn't seem like a chore. I know I have been playing NCAA since the day '09 dropped and really have not had a break but that break isnt worth losing my spot in T3 for '11.

19. Dru50

I don't know that we will go to a once a week advance, since I think that will kill what interest some of us might have. Let's play it by ear, if we start getting closer to 2011 and enough people want a complete break for a month that's fine. In the interim, if anyone after this season gets to a point where you need a break for a week or two or a month, let me know we can work something out. The group that's here has their spots for 2011 as far as I'm concerned, as long as no gameplay issues crop up.

20. GoGators

I think that's the issue. A lot of people are ready for a break, but don't want to lose out on their spots for the `11 launch. I know myself personally, I want at least a month or 2 break before getting into `11. Need to recharge the batteries and get 'er back to neutral haha.

21. Dru50

Like I said, I'll keep this going as long as the bulk of the group wants to. If we hit a point where the majority wants to take a break until 2011 drops, I will talk to Drifter about just putting us on hold until then. Personally, I think a 2 month break is a lot, but to each their own.

22. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Kansas State- 52
    Texas- 35

I found a running game finally as Flanders goes for 205yds 4 TD. Harper returned to action to throw for 243yds 2 TD. This game was back and forth until late as Texas throws 4 picks including a late pick 6. Great user game and I look foward to the rematch next season.

23. Dru50

Looks like Florida, Tennessee, LSU and Oklahoma left to play their CPU games. Try and get em in by tomorrow night fellas.

24. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

UF 45 SC 14

This game was a train wreck for the Cocks. UF was in control pretty much from the start. Brantley left the game with an injury yet again. I hope for Urban Meyers sake this kid is more durible in real life then he is in this game. The Gators are counting the days until their shot to end the Sooners season.We are coming to get you Sooner Nation.

25. GoGators

Urban Meyer is spelled with two E's!!!!!!!!!