Season 2 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 27, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Boston College Eagles (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Boston College won 35-17 against Maryland (2-6).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Atlanta to face the #5 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (8-1).

=============== #9 Clemson Tigers (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 44-24 against NC State (5-4).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Winston-Salem to face the #23 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Jameel Mark has committed to Clemson

=============== #23 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest lost 19-16 against North Carolina (7-1).
    This week, the Demon Deacons will host #9 Clemson (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Wayne Maxwell has committed to Wake Forest

=============== #7 North Carolina Tar Heels (7-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 19-16 against Wake Forest (5-3).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host NC State (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Jon Buckley has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) QB Hank Hardy has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) LE Mark White has committed to North Carolina

=============== #11 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 45-27 against Miami (1-7).
    This week, the Cavaliers will host Maryland (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Phillip Mitchell has committed to Virginia

=============== #15 Purdue Boilermakers (6-2) ===============
    Last week the Boilermakers were idle.
    This week, the Boilermakers will host #2 Wisconsin (7-1).

=============== #5 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 55-7 against Duke (2-6).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets will host Boston College (4-4).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 29-24 against Indiana (2-5).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Columbus to face the #12 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Sam Heinz has committed to Illinois
    - (****) FS Braylon Smith has committed to Illinois
    - (****) ROLB Chris Burke has committed to Illinois
    - (****) HB Derrick Dorsey has committed to Illinois

=============== #16 Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 47-10 against Northwestern (2-5).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Minnesota (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Willie Ransom has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) LT Mark Keenan has committed to Nebraska
    - (*****) WR Brandon Smith has committed to Nebraska
    - (*****) WR Jerrell McDonald has committed to Nebraska

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 28-19 against Ohio State (6-2).
    This week, the Badgers travel to West Lafayette to face the #15 Purdue Boilermakers (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Jon Buckley has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #4 Michigan Wolverines (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 40-14 against Alabama (3-5).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #10 Iowa (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Sam Heinz has committed to Illinois
    - (***) DT Jabari Wayne has committed to Northern Illinois
    - (****) TE Willie Ransom has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) HB Derrick Dorsey has committed to Illinois
    - (***) RG Erik Whitmore has committed to Texas A&M
    - (*****) WR Brandon Smith has committed to Nebraska

=============== #10 Iowa Hawkeyes (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 49-35 against Minnesota (3-6).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Ann Arbor to face the #4 Michigan Wolverines (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Zach Stevens has committed to Iowa
    - (****) ROLB Chris Burke has committed to Illinois
    - (****) FS Braylon Smith has committed to Illinois
    - (****) QB Kevin Thomas has committed to Iowa
    - (****) WR Charles Hartman has committed to Iowa

3. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

gwill when can you go?

5. The Natural

Tire Fire Offense

Georgia Tech 20
    Boston College 3

Georgia Tech offensive woes lead to unlocked achievement.

Two defensive touchdowns, a fumble recovery and INT, for touchdowns lead to a win of Georgia Tech over Boston College. Tech was held to uder 150 yards total offense as they were unable to stay on the field going 3-11. Heisman front runner Marcus Wright was held to 70 yards on 19 carries and kept out of the endzone. As a smaller back he seems to be wearing down as the season progresses.

The Yellow Jacket defense dominated the game forcing 3 INTs and 7 sacks.

Coach Natural, who has not spoke to the media in a few weeks due to Skyrim's release, had this to say:

"We really have to do a better job of sustaining our blocks. We also need more from the quarterback position. I feel that the coaches staff also needs to be a much better job atg preparting these kids. Skyrim or no Skyrim there is a game to be played on Saturday's and the teams needs to be ready to go when they take the field."

Georgia Tech goes to 9-1 and is currently ranked #5 in the nation.

gg Tschetter2

6. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Philstyle3005 GG bro...congrats on the division. I'll be rooting for you to rep our division in the B1G championship.

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

#4 Michigan 38
    #10 Iowa 24

Michigan continues to go undefeated in the division, beating the Hawkeyes 38-24 at home. Denard Robinson started this game in his 2nd game back from injury and didn't make it out of the first quarter. He threw 1 touchdown and had 27 yards and also a 9 yard rush, but he was hit after his touchdown pass and was out for the game. Denard has missed almost 5 games this season due to injury if you combine everything together. Michigan was yet again put to a decision on if they should take Devin Gardner's redshirt off and let him play, or go with the Junior College Sophmore transfer James Johnston. They decided on Johnston and he rewarded them with their decision by going 10-14 for 256 yards and 1 touchdown. Johnston was very efficient all day long, as he should be since this isn't the first time he's been put in this position. Michigan saw the flex bone option offense this game and looked a bit uncomfortable at first, but as they game went on, the more comfortable they got seeing this type of offense. Michigan didn't shut down the offense by any means, one QB option that Vandenberg broke a tackle and was spun around, then took 80 yards down the field for a touchdown was the big touchdown Iowa got out of it. That and one of the fb dives up the middle by Mccall when the game was under 2 minutes that he took 69 yards for a touchdown when the game was in hand. Other than those two big plays, Michigan contained the offense pretty well. The big stop Michigan got was when it was a 10 point game and Gimm took the FB dive hand off up the middle and it was ripped loose in a pile, and recovered by Michigan who took the ball back for a touchdown to stretch the lead to 17 in the 3rd. Before that play, there were rumblings on the sideline that Gardner could be placed in the game on the next series. Luckily for Michigan, it didn't come to that. The Wolverine defense also came up with 2 interceptions in the game and really frustrated Vandenberg throughout he air. Michigan improves to 8-1 and undefeated in conference play.

GG CoachRedd

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Damn people are moving today

9. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

What's your schedule look like tomorrow?

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

should be open a good chunk of the day after 2pm

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

stfu virginia

12. CoachRedd

Frustrating game. I come out and force a 3 and out and my returner DROPS the punt. I've honestly never even seen that. Then, coming out in the 2nd half I start a decent drive to tie the game and my fullback inexplicably just fumbles the ball and watches as its returned for a TD. That, on top of your efficient offense, was too much for my team to overcome. Your damn RB broke so many of my weak ass tackles too I was about to throw the damn controller through the tv. You seemed to figure out how to stop my offense as thegame went along... I'm going to need a legit option qb to beat you with this offense in the future because you have too much speed at LB.

13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Bite me Wake

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

let me know when you have a division title

15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Yeah, that muffed punt was something I haven't seen either. I was getting ready to hit stick and then didn't have to. That was the first time I'd seen the option offense so I was just trying to figure things out on the run really. Now I see why you posted in the recruiting thread after I signed the number 1 QB since he was a scrambler. He'd fit your offense for sure if his ratings are what I think they'll be. Had that FB fumble not of happened, I was going to have to burn a redshirt at QB that I really didn't want to do

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

When did Wake win one?

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Last year.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. The Natural

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#23 Wake Forest 27
    #9 Clemson 6

Wake Forest took control of the Atlantic division Saturday in their annual divisional matchup vs the Tigers. Wake outgained Clemson 268 to 221, but two turnovers played heavy into the final decision. Clemson got out to an early lead hitting two field goals, while Wake didn't get on the board until midway through the second quarter. A couple solid drives however and the score was 6-6 going into halftime.

The Deacon coaching staff made a few tweaks to the running scheme, and got Sousa out on a few more rollouts which really helped spark the offense. RB Josh Harris scored two TD's in the third quarter, one from 1 yard out and one from 40 to give the Deacons the boost they needed. A fumble return by defensive end John Gallagher dang near put the nail in the coffin. Heading into the fourth quarter the score was 27-6, and Clemson was unable to get enough going to mount any comeback. Josh Harris racked up a chunk of yards closing out the game against a Clemson defense that had threw in the towel.

That said, credit to both coaches for a well planned game- as both have clearly learned what each other likes to do on each side of the ball. This will likely be an annual matchup for the division, as Boston College has struggled lately.

The freshman Sousa did what was usually asked of him and managed the game well, going 9-11 for 102 yards and 0 interceptions; this is the second game in a row Wake hasn't thrown an interception-- maybe they are finally listening to their coach. Harris was an animal today, slashing through the defense for 184 yards on 26 attempts and two scores- including 50 yards after contact. The elusive junior is staking his claim as one of the better backs in the country, and many Wake fans are beginning to wonder if he has his sights set on the NFL. Wake still hasn't found a playmaker in the receiving corps, but senior H-back Tommy Bohanon has proved a reliable target. Junior all ACC candidate DT Nikita Whitlock racked up 3 sacks on the day, mostly thanks to coverage, but credit his motor for keeping after it.

Alas, a good win for Wake and like I said- this puts us in the driver's seat for the division; a huge success considering we started 0-2.

GG gwill

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

waiting on pnc and JQwon13 and Oshio...

let's go you fag Qwon

• Like Like x 1
  21. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

this guy!
    hypes up the big game and then disappears!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. CoachRedd

Maybe I'm confused,but isnt Kasper a 'friendly' ghost?

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I just play a different role here in OC.. Qwon makes me be an ass

24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah thats my bad... I was busy all weekend. I spent my whole sunday vomiting as a result of Saturday night. We got a stretch hummer limo and drank far too much. I was still yakking at 10:30 last night. It was a terrible day. Regardless, I can play tonight if you can? What's your schedule?

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

If its even close to worthy, I expect a post here:

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/orange-crush-story-time.67649/