Season 2 Week 12 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BG, Mar 27, 2010.

1. BG

BG On The Rize!

Oct 5, 2009
    Season 2 Week 12 Summaries

Post Here
  2. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Jun 30, 2009
  3. BG

BG On The Rize!

Oct 5, 2009
    #2 Stanford vs Idaho

The Vandals gave the #2 ranked Cardinals all they could handle, but it wasn't enough as Stanford rolls to a big win in Moscow. Stanford relied heavily on their running game as they rushed a total of 52 times for a season high 353yds and 5 td's. Stefan Taylor lead the charge with 37 car, for 266 yds and two scores. Although he had a big game, it was third string RB, U. Amanam who stole the show. He scored a total of four td's on the day, including a 91yd KO return. He was named Player of the Game for his efforts. He finished the game with 59 rushing yds on 8 car and 115 return yds.

The win improves Stanford to 11-0(7-0) on the season. With only one game remaining, The Cardinals are weary that the NC game will allude them for a second straight year. "We just think that the way the BCS is set-up, we are still outside looking in,even being the #2 team in the nation. A similar thing happened to Stanford last year as they were undefeated last year, but were hoisted out by the likes of bigger BCS schools."

Final Score:

Stanford: 62

Idaho: 35
  4. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Jan 19, 2010
    Rice Outlasts UCF

Looking to stay alive for a bowl game, Rice visited the Knights needing a win.

The game was close throughout. Nick Fanuzzi was sharp, but his receivers dropped far too many balls. The Rice defence was getting torched early but stiffened later on.

It seemed that the Owls were destined for doom when UCF easily blocked an important field goal that would have cut the Knights lead to 7.

As mentioned however, Rice's defence stiffened. Down by 10 points with UCF threatening, a HUGE play by Tyler Bradshaw. A spectalcular pick robbing UCF of a TD in the corner of the endzone. Bradshaw looked to take a knee and then saw a seam that would lead him to paydirt, setting an NCAA record 105 yd interception return for a touchdown. [youtube]ypX0D_61kN8[/youtube] Fate would lead Rice to another huge defensive play when UCF RB J.Davis was met in the hole and fumbled the ball. Then "Big Boy" Branch scooped and scored in an important momentum shift. [youtube]1QpyZm7FfSU[/youtube] In overtime the Owls held UCF to a field goal and then punched the ball in on the ground for the major and the win. Nick Fanuzzi missed large chunks of the game due to injuries, but will be ready for a big match up against Houston.
  5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009

Associated Press- Black and Blue Bowl, huh? Their was absolutely no fight in this one. Memphis came out with extremely high confidence after a big win last week against Tennessee. Memphis controlled every aspect of the game as they beat the University of Southern Miss, 36-17.

This wasn't a game between Memphis and USM. This was the Tyler Bass game. The junior QB completed 23 of 36 pass attempts for a career high 392 yards and 1 touchdown. If that wasn't enough the quarterback also rushed for a career high 94 yards on a career high 26 carries including two touchdowns. You can call this one his career game.

"He played so well last week I figured to keep the ball in his hands all game." Coach JerzeyReign said afterwards.

Memphis used a their spread offense to completely dominate the USM football program. Mixed in with the traditional option, Memphis was just plain unstoppable.

"I finally looked through my entire playbook and forgot I had 33 option plays in it." Coach JerzeyReign said. "I was saving it for the C-USA championship but decided to use it early, you know practice live with it."

USM never caught on. Option after option they chased the HB and gave Bass a lane. Or when they were doing well (they did register 6 sacks) in coverage they left large amounts of green ahead of the QB.

"Who wouldn't take that?" Bass asked rhetorically

USM did manage to score 17 points but that was in the fourth quarter against the backups. A rivalry game gone wrong for them. They managed 350 yards of total offense (something Coach JerzeyReign could be heard screaming to his team about after the game) but most of it was after the Tigers' had the game well in hand.

Next week the Tigers have a big game that will decide if they go to the CCG against #24 Marshall.
  6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Sep 24, 2009
    The 10-0 SMU Mustangs traveled to Morgantown to face the dangerous and fast WVU Mountaineers. SMU was comin of an emotionaly and physically exhausting game against Houston and looked ripe for the upset.

J. Smart, SMU's playmaker on D from his OLB position, got the Mustangs off quick with a 63 yrd pick of an option pitch 15 seconds into the game. (user controlled from beginning to end, 1st time ive done that)

That would also be a omen for how the game would be played. 9 turnovers total, 6 for SMU. SMU would also give up an uncharacteristic 320 total yds for the game.

In the end,SMU was too much for WVU winning 34-16. SMU is now 11-0 with only La Tech remaining in its bid for a perfect regular season.

I got the replay of the option pitch pick but my laptop has been screwed for about a month. gotta do all my posts from my cell which sucks balls and is why my summaries do as well.
  7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Jan 6, 2010
    MTSU continued its unbeaten run at the Sun Belt crown behind Dasher's arm and bid for a shot at the Maxwell Award.

User games are getting closer...