Season 2 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by titangator, Nov 24, 2010.

1. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU wins second in a row, DRAMATIC fashion
    MTSU got to .500 on the season at 5-5 on Saturday, but it took a little longer than expected or hoped. It took four overtimes before MTSU finally disposed of the Warhawks of ULM 68 to 54. After both teams missed long field goals in the 3rd overtime, MTSU scored on the first possession of the fourth extra period and then Kenneth Gilstrap pick six sealed the game and even added a few style points. Gilstrap picked off an out route and took it back 80 yards for a touchdown. "I am surprised he had enough gas to do that, everybody on that field was physically exausted," said Hickerson. Quarterback Logan Kilgore did not start the game, due to lingering effects of his strained pectoral muscle after playing through injury last week, but after Jeff Murphy started 2 of 7, Kilgore came in to save the day. He finished the day 24 of 48 for 415 yards and 4 touchdowns, he did however throw two interceptions. Ben Cunningham had 12 carries for 137 yards and 3 touchdowns, including the score in the final overtime period. Kilgore hit 8 different targets on the day, but his favorite was Malcolm Beyah and Sancho McDonald, both had 6 catches for over 100 yards and two touchdowns. "I am extremely proud of these guys today, they frustrate the heck out of me sometimes, but I love this team, we have fought through a lot this year, and today we were down 20 points with less than 4 minutes left and we were on defense, but we battled, kept battling, battled a little more, and finally pulled it out." - Coach Hickerson
    HOLY MOLY I AM EXAUSTED AFTER PLAYING THAT! LOL

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Defense do you play it....lol jk. nice win

3. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Idaho 17 - Boise State 38

The Idaho Vandals go to Boise and play well but Boise State was just too good. The Vandals suprisingly stayed in the game although everyone expected this to be an absolute blowout. Idaho was hoping to get to .500 this year but was unable of doing that with this loss. Vandals quarterback Brian Reader had a nice game passing for 272 yards, a touchdown and a pick. For Boise runningback Doug Martin dominated the ground rushing for 158 yards and 1 touchdown. Surprisingly the Vandals defense held Kellen Moore incheck throwing for less than 200 yards. Idaho will play New Mexico State next weekend hoping to improve to 5-7.​

4. Coach_Gruden

Coach_Gruden Walk On

Western Michigan vs Temple
    (6-5 Western Michigan vs 8-1 Temple Owls)
    Western Michigan heads into a hostile environment to take on the 8-1 Owls...Temple takes the opening kickoff and puts together a nice drive but is stuffed on 3rd down in the redzone and have to settle for a 31 yard field goal for the 3-0 advantage. Western Michigan converts some big 3rd down play to put to cap off a 80 yard TD drive with a 8 yard Brian Fields TD run 7-3 Broncos. In the 2nd qt the Bronco D really steps off and doesn't let the Owls past midfield and put up 1 TD, a 33 yard TD pass Carder to Mussman for a halftime lead 14-3.
    In the 2nd half both teams exchange 3 and outs....the difference is the Broncos turnover the ball at midfield setting up a 2nd FG by Temple, this one a 51 yard bomb to cut the score down to a one possession game 14-6. Western Michigan steps up with a big drive to push through there 3rd TD of the day, a 5 yard scamper by HB D Chance to make the game 21-6...Owls would threaten but are stopped on down in the red zone to end the game
    FINAL SCORE

Western Michigan 21

Temple 6

5. grat23

grat23 Walk On

Tulane 63
    Tulsa 42

Both defenses decided to take the day off this game. Tulane put up 610 yards of total offense led by quarterback Ryan Griffin who passed for 382 yards and 6 passing touchdowns and running back Orleans Darkwa who had 194 running yards and 39 receiving yards. Tulsa quarterback Shavodrick Beaver torched the Green Wave secondary for 488 yards and 6 touchdowns. Most o the yards however came in the second half when the Golden Hurricanes were trailing by double digits. The Green Wave capped off an undefeated season in conference play and now face the Kentucky Wildcats in their toughest games of the year.

6. titangator

titangator Walk On

nice w...looks like the defense is legit

7. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Bigtubb and his undefeated ULL squad came to FIU territory and left with a loss. Key moments in this game were when bigtubb fumbled the ball at the one yard line, and when FIU got a safety on ULL. FIU drove down the field with a little under 4 minutes left with a steady running game as the game was tied up 17-17. We kicked the game winning field goal as time expired.

ULL-17
    FIU-20

Good game big..

• Like Like x 1
  8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

booo this game booo...........:mad::mad:

good game

9. C_Breezy803

C_Breezy803 Walk On

will be getting my game in tonight. got 2 dynasty games to get in tonight. luckily the 3rd is a bye week.

10. axspecialk

axspecialk Walk On

Utah State continues to march on lookin crisp on thier showing against new mexico state.. A balanced offesne led by one of the best defenses in the country is why they get this win.. Clay Parks was 14-23 235Yards and 3 td.. no ints.. Hb Turbin has come alive in this back stretch of the season 20 carries 102 yards and 1 ts..WR Sam Morrison also had a big day 7 rec 113 yards 2 td..We got a chance to talk to the Utah State Ball coach after the game" Well we have made it this far one more big test stands in our way.. The goal is to win the wac and in order to do that we have to beat Boise.. The young men in that locker room want it just as bad as i do.. but we know its gonna take alot of gut and determination to gat a victory next week.. but we plan to give it all we got" Said coach santana as the Utah State aggeis take thier undefeated season.. and ther dreams of a wac championship into thier game with Boise State next week in Utah... SHould be a great game!!!

11. alemic

alemic Walk On

bahahaha go Paw tubb sucks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. alemic

alemic Walk On

Indiana rolls over Army​
    I won't even get into to much details about this game. Army can not tackle to save their lives. Willis went for 255 yards on 24 attempts, yes over 10 yards a carry. Kiel had a nice day as well through the air but most of the work was done by the receivers.​
    Final Score:​
    Indiana 43 Army 27​

13. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Cool, so at least the CPU helped the offense look ok. 2-8 but this one's not my fault.