Season 2 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 2, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Sunday 6 PM EST

We will be discussing offseson plans in the next few days, look out for a poll. Good job on an early advance for week 13, let's keep up the pace.

gwill
    Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    pnc
    UofCWildcat
    The Natural
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Clemson Tigers (6-5) ===============
    Last week, Clemson lost 47-26 against Maryland (3-8).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Oscar Peters has committed to Texas

=============== #13 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 27-23 against Virginia (8-3).
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (3-8).

=============== #7 North Carolina Tar Heels (9-2) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina lost 28-26 against Georgia Tech (11-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (2-9).

=============== #15 Virginia Cavaliers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia lost 27-23 against Wake Forest (8-3).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Blacksburg to face the Virginia Tech Hokies (2-9).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Keith Brady has committed to NC State

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Purdue lost 41-17 against Michigan (10-1).
    This week, the Boilermakers will host Indiana (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Joe Gorman has committed to Texas Tech
    - (****) WR Matt Lee has committed to Purdue

=============== #2 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (11-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 28-26 against North Carolina (9-2).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Perry Kirby has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) ROLB Eric Jenkins has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 34-24 against Wisconsin (9-2).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host Penn State (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Jake Smith has committed to Illinois

=============== #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 45-10 against BYU (5-6).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #4 Wisconsin (9-2).

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 34-24 against Illinois (5-6).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Lincoln to face the #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS C.J. Griffin has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) WR Drew Johnson has committed to Michigan

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 41-17 against Purdue (7-4).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Jake Smith has committed to Illinois
    - (***) C Wes Brown has committed to Colorado
    - (*****) WR Drew Johnson has committed to Michigan

=============== #11 Iowa Hawkeyes (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 45-23 against Penn State (6-5).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Bryan Smith has committed to Texas A&M
    - (*) FB Micah Thomas has committed to Iowa

=============== NC State Wolfpack (5-7) ===============
    Last week, NC State lost 48-39 against Miami (3-8).
    This week, the Wolfpack are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following NC State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Wes Brown has committed to Colorado
    - (***) LG Keith Brady has committed to NC State
    - (**) C Michael Crum has committed to ECU
    - (***) FS Adam Taylor has committed to Mississippi State

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Cool Red :cool:

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wake looking to avenge last years loss vs Maryland.."there will be blood." ( i honestly didn't mind the movie, thought it was alright)

4. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Kasper...King of the random thought.

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

both teams playing defense today! in a fun one with Nebraska. entering the 4th now

6. CoachRedd

You decided to stop the run?

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

thats debatable

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#13 Wake Forest 34
    @
    Maryland 3

The Demon Deacon defense was alive and well today, forcing 6 turnovers (3 fumbles, and 3 interceptions). AJ Marshall grabbed his ninth interception of the year to capture the single season Wake Forest record as well. Fittingly, Marshall returned the interception for a score before bringing the ball to the sidelines to keep. Word is Maryland quarterback Thomas O'brien asked to sign the ball after the game, and Marshall obliged.

QB Kevin Sousa played well again today, going 13-20 for 205 yards and a TD, though the freshman threw an interception as well. Josh Harris surprised many and played this game, and grinded out 76 yards on 17 attempts while playing with still delicate ribs.

"Oh yeah, it was painful. I wasn't about to miss this game though, they beat us last year and everyone on this team had a terrible feeling in their gut after that one. I wasn't missing this for anything."

Matt James got another start at WR, and again provided the deep threat the Deacons have been missing all season. James hauled in only 3 balls, but went for 119 yards and a touchdown. Michael Campanaro caught his 60th ball of the year today, and had 54 yards on 6 catches. Senior MLB Scott Betros had arguably the best game of his career, tallying 9 tackles (7 solo, 4 TFL), an INT, and a FF. Junior nickel corner Kevin Johnson scored on a fumble return, giving Wake two defensive scores on the day.

Overall, a solid performance from a solid team. Wake clinched the division with the win to close out the regular season with a 9-3 final record; going 7-1 in the ACC in the process.

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Badgers end regular season with 37-17 win at Nebraska

Curt Phillips was his expected self, somehow making a bad day look good. On just 10 completions, he put up 239 yards and 3 TDs to just one INT. Nebraska had their chances at turnovers but only could grab the first one. What wasnt expected was the lack of production out of James White. The Cornhuskers really dedicated their gameplan to stopping the run and I'd call it a major success. a long of 8 and a 1.8 yard average! In fact, he was stopped for a loss 8 times. Phillips did have a few great runs himself that kept the drives moving and gave the Badgers all the momentum they needed.

It was 10-3 Nebraska at half and the Badgers took the lead 13-10 with under a minute to go in the 3rd. But then everything fell apart for the Cornhuskers. An 83 yard catch and run gave the Badgers a 10 pt lead followed up by a quick interception of Martinez lead to a FG. And after a first down run was called back for holding, Martinez threw another INT which lead to a FG miss. Hoping to gain some momentum off the miss, Nebraska quickly marched to score but Wisconsin got it back and was able to score again to seal it up. A late pick 6 by Penial Jean locked it up and the Badgers come away with a win

10. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

There had to have been 4 dropped int by my DB's in that game and at least one was in the endzone. Really aggravating, and good god I can't wait til Martinez is gone. He sucks so incredibly bad I can't put it into words. Good game oshi, thought I had you stopped til that long scramble on 3rd down.

11. pnc

pnc Walk On

Illinois 38
    Penn St. 17

illinois overcomes rough first to beat the lions and become bowl eligible at 6-6. Two picks by Scheelpick puts the illni down 14-7 entering the second. Illinois takes over from there scoring 21 unanswered points on two tds and two field goals. the tds were a 56 yard catch and run to Viliunas and a four yard run by hb Young. Penn st. answers with a 46 yard kick mid third to pull within 28-17. Illinois defense responds and shuts out the lions the rest of the way while adding a 13 yard td run by young and a 50 yard field goal. Final score 38-17.

STATS

QB Scheelhaase12 of 23 303 yards 2 tds 2 picks
    HB Young 26 rushes 139 yards 2 tds
    WR LaCosse 5/125
    TE Viliunas 4/76 2 tds
    DE Mercilus 2 tackles 1 sack
    CB Youman 1 pick

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

you know there are other QB's on the roster? Try Carnes..

13. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I have Nebraska in another league and I love him. For my offense he is the prototypical QB: good speed, great acceleration and good enough arm to make the throws I need. He's actually the Heisman front runner right now lol.

I don't ask him to do too much so his arm isn't that much of a problem. I guess if you tried to shoehorn him into a prostyle offense and ask him to make pocket QB throws you might have difficulty. The only QB I would choose over Martinez would be Denard Robinson but he can't stay on the field longer than 3 plays before getting hurt :oops:.

14. CoachRedd

What offensive playbook do you use?

15. The Natural

Between clemson, oregon and mississippi state. If we brought created playbooks back I'd be pretty dangerous.

16. The Natural

I think it's all CPU games left?

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

let's go folks.

18. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I have been using USF's playbook. I like that it has Ace, I, Pistol and Shotgun. The original plan was to go to the flex this year, but the ATH I brought in to play FB was an 89 speed and over the limit for FB. Then I looked at the Spread but I only have 3 WR I feel comfortable throwing to. So I made the decision to go with the 2 HB system and try to pound it this year. Next year I'll have the personnel to go to Tulsa's playbook. I don't like Carnes because he's a worse passer than Martinez. I have a QB coming in next year who should be the answer to my prayers. You can give it up CoachRedd. Cory King is mine.

19. fuzzyl0gic

Who are we waiting on? I am going to play my game around midnight. gwill I didn't see your game summary on DW so I know we're at least waiting on you and me. Get it done ASAP.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Michigan and Qwon need to get theres in to if I recall.

21. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I still can't play mine. I won't be back in town till Monday around 4 central.

22. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i need to recruit! but i wont be home til tomorrow sometime and i cant recruit online. :\

23. fuzzyl0gic

Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't done.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

sorry phil, forgot you were out of town.