Season 2, Week 2: Bears @ Vikings

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by controllerabuser, Oct 19, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

38-42

Retaliation Is A Must
    Vikings finally get revenge for dropping 2 to the Bears last season.

[​IMG]

The Minnesota Vikings welcomed NFC North rival, the Chicago Bears led by Coach MG. A huge game considering the Bears needed a win to avoid going 0-2 and the Vikings wanted to erase the 2 game losing streak the Bears handed them last season. Things would get ugly for the Vikings, early. Looking at the scoreboard, we saw a 14-0 deficit and thought, "oh shit". However, we got our stuff together and made it 14-7. Devin Hester would then fumble on the kick off giving the Purple and Gold excellent field position. The Vikings would punch it in again to tie the game. From then on, it was a back and forth scoring fest.

The Vikings seemed to have lost faith after Christian Ponder fumbled on a drop back and the Bears recovered. I was mad, I knew I should have called a run play and just settled for a field goal. We tightened up and forced a field goal with a 1:08 left to play. A deep pass to Percy Harvin on a 4th and 2 could have resulted in a hot seat for me. However, Percy showed why he is one of the baddest men in Purple and Gold as he beat a double coverage with his nasty Florida speed to get to the 1. Christian Ponder would then find Percy on an out in the end zone to give us the lead for good.

Very fun game that came down to the wire. It was a pleasure MG! I look forward to our next game but hope this one won't be as long!

Vikings Leaders

Christian Ponder 16-19, 269 Yards, 2 TD 0 INT

Adrian Peterson 24-219 Yards, 4 TD

Percy Harvin 5-107 1 TD
    Jordy Nelson 4-59
    Kevin Rudolph 4-49
    Calvin Dinwiddie 2-47 1 TD

Chad Greenway 7 Tackles
    Brian Robison 2 Sacks

• Like Like x 1
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN