Season 2 - Week 2 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 2 - Week 2 Scores

Week 2 is up. We will advance Sunday night at 11pm EST.

User games:
    Auburn at #2 Oklahoma
    #1 Florida at #5 Pittsburgh
    #25 Kansas State at #16 Tennessee

REMINDER - Starting this week there is a 3-strike rule when it comes to game summaries. Miss 3 weeks of posting some sort of a summary (2-3 sentences on the game in addition to the score will be fine) during the season will result in a penalty, up to and including being removed from the league. Those of you who have been active on the forum, thanks. Those that haven't, consider yourselves warned.

If any of you have previously pm'd me to explain why your participation here may be lacking, that will grant you a reprieve for a while (you know who each of you are).

Thanks.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Auburn at #2 Okla

This one will be closer than the rankings would indicate. Auburn has a talented team and McCalebb should be coming into his own right now. I think Oklahoma wins since it's at their place, but it won't be easy. Oklahoma by 7.

#1 Florida vs #5 Pittsburgh

Well, I had this one dead wrong last time so I might as well try to make it 0 & 2. Given the Gators Head Coach's sour attitude, I've changed my mind. I thought they only hired confident coaches at UF???
    Pitt by 21.

#25 Kansas St at #16 Tennessee

Kansas St is a program that's gaining steam. After a solid year last year, they're looking to climb the rankings and contend for the Big 12. Coach Hokie loves to run it and utilize the option as much as possible. Maybe unconventional at times, his team can make plays. Tennessee is the polar opposite. A very conservative and conventional pro style offense. They'll run you into the ground and then throw when you're not expecting it. With Bryce Brown in the backfield, the Vols are going to be tough to stop. Traveling to Rocky Top won't be fun for the Wildcats but at least they get the benefit of the Vol fans looking forward to the UF game in a couple weeks.
    Tennessee by 3.

3. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I 100% will not be being Knoles by 10.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

wow

whys that?

5. GoGators

(n)

You should be ashamed to use the Gators!!!

First time I played him was in our 2011 season and he was Auburn which I would think had the same talent as Pitt.

Final score?

49-21 UF

A royal :bangnana:

6. GoGators

However, with your lack of confidence, I've changed my prediction.

7. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Hahahaahah (insert obnoxious laughing gif here)

8. Dru50

Notre Dame 42
    Michigan 21

OK, I'm officially nervous about the season. Notre Dame has great skill position talent, a really good QB and a not so good OL. Clausen was getting hammered in this game, he had 2 wobbled duck INT's off hits less than 2 seconds into his drop and the Michigan DL and LB's were blitzing like mad. Still, we made enough plays to pull away at the end of the 2nd and were able to run effectively in the second half to hold off a Michigan run late.

Key Stats:
    Clausen, 19-31, 371 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
    A. Allen, 21 attempts, 104 yards, 3 TD
    M. Floyd, 6 catches, 168 yards, 1 TD
    K. Rudolph, 6 catches, 115 yards, 2 TD (yes, that's correct, 3 total TD catches, only 2 TD passes. The CPU overturned a TD pass ruling that Rudolph was down at the 1 yard line when he caught it 5 yards deep in the end zone)

Player of the Game - Clausen

Up next - The Irish welcome #9 USC to South Bend.

9. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Texas - 21
    VT - 28

terrible game all around. Nothing going on offense. Whittaker had 130 or so yards, but all on 4-5 yard gains. no offense at all. the QB situation in not good. Gonna go with Gilbert from here on out, since the MNC is out of the question.

Slumping big time against the CPU in all leagues.

10. KnightNoles

I'm still steaming over this game, damn picks killed me and I think it was more 35-21 game was closer than the score indicated... watch yourself Sherminator, I'd beat you with Iowa State

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hokie and I lost connection in the 3rd quarter of our game early this morning. I had to go to work so we couldnt replay it on the spot. We'll try and get another time together this weekend to get the game in.

12. GoGators

Beat me with Iowa St haha, that's funny. You hardly beat me with Auburn, needing OT to do it once.

Anyways....

Cincy goes on the road and takes Iowa to the woodshed.

#15 Bearcats 48
    #10 Iowa 15

The Bearcats are ready to get some real opponents after two consecutive impressive wins. The defense is much improved this year and the dual threats at QB have made this team dangerous. QB Chazz Anderson (Chazz hahaha, what a name) threw for 289 yds and 2 TDs while adding 89 yards on the ground. The playmaker of the day was Vidal Hazelton who caught 7 balls for 180 yds, one of which was a 91 yd TD.

The Bearcats look forward to finally playing in front of their home crowd next week against Fresno St. Should be a big game as the Bearcats are expected to have some big recruits in town for the weekend.

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

dru, marc and I are gonna play after our game in ctl. Can we hold the advance until after its in? thanks

14. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Kansas State- 31
    Tennessee- 24

Great user game....I will get all my full recaps up to date tonight. Fell behind when xbox got sick.

15. Dru50

The advance may be held up a day or so waiting for eagles and noles to play their bcs title rematch, as I don't want to sim a game of that magnitude.

Just FYI for everyone.

16. Dru50

Also, aside from the Pitt/Florida and Auburn/OU games, USF and Nebraska have unplayed bowl games. Max/Hippo, please post when you are going to get these in ASAP.

Thanks.

17. GoGators

We're in bowl week already? How long was I asleep for last night?

18. Dru50

Typo, meant to say CPU games.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Done. USF wins big and the run game is clicking. Got a nice highlight too! Ill post it in game summaries tomorrow.

20. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Pitt 52 UF 45

Down 14 with under a minute to go Brantley leads UF to a score with 30 seconds to go and two time outs. Kick the onsides kick, recovered by the Gators. First play from scrimmage(and this is going to keep me up tonight) Man coverage, Will Demps(fastest guy in the game) is running down the side line 1 on 1 with a lineback or a safety. Brantley delivers a perfect ball 50 yards down the field. Demps has a good 5 yards on his man and his just goes stone hands and the ball falls helplessly to the turf.

Panthers win.

Great game Knoles.

21. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

#11 Nebraska - 62
    vs
    Louisville - 7

Absolutely throttled Lousiville. I had them under 100 total offensive yards, and 2 first downs until late in the 4th. Then they had the one F-U the CPU is going to score no matter what drive. Helu and Burkhead both went for over 100 on the ground, and Henry and McNeill both had over 100 receiving yards. Subs played most of the 2nd half.

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

dru, check out aub vs. okla scheduling thread.......I think we'll have to take a sim. Marc said tonight was too late and works a 24 hour shift monday and I work a 24 at the firehouse on tuesday. I guess we couldn't make it work.

23. KnightNoles

It was a corner on Demps and when I hit LB I felt a vibration so I hit either Demps hands or the ball when it was in his hands. I saw it was coming and when he went in motion I pulled back the coverage.

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Great game Hokie. I think I played better during our first attempt to get this thing in. My passing game was terrible. 5/16 for 40 something yards I believe. It was a miracle i was actually in the game till the last minute. Bryce Brown is a beast and really the only saving grace from this game. One user game down, 3 in a row to go!

25. Dru50

We will advance tonight. The Auburn/OU game will unfortunately have to be simmed.