Season 2 week 2 summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Nov 3, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Season 2 week 2 summaries

Post in here.

Good luck everyone.

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

FIU loses to Miami 67-14. I don't really feel like doing a summary for this one, it was embarrassing.

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

What!!! That was your In-State "Battle of the Convicts" trophy. I guess the Hurricanes will take home the spinning hub cap trophy this year. Good try and better luck next year!

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

[​IMG]

UAB stuns #19 ASU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UAB started off with a 14-3 lead in the first quarter and it would stay that way till late in the 3rd quarter where ASU johnson returned an int for a touchdown making it 14-10. Next drive Uab moves down and settles for a field goal.

Asu state takes the next drives and ties the game at 17 with 1:18 left to go in the game. With 29 seconds left J. Fitzgerald scores on an 8 yard run to take the lead 24-17.

Asu wasnt finished on a a 4th and 6 from their 14 they throw and incomplete pass with 1 second on the clock and we take a knee to seal the victory.

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Nice Upset!!

6. Jam.

Eh not really a good try, but what can you do?

Greg Cooper was a monster in that game, he had 200 yards...in the first quarter.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

ARKANSAS STATE 3, LOUISVILLE 0. ASU WINS 31-7

ARKANSAS STATE DEFEATS LOUISVILLE FOR THE THIRD TIME IN 2 SEASONS, IMPROVES TO 1-1.

[​IMG]

The Arkansas State Red Wolves played an impressive football game this weekend against the Louisville Cardinals. The defense was phenomenal allowing a total of 173 total yards offense with an amazing 5 yards coming on the ground. The offense lit up the regional televised screens with a balanced attack of 428 total yards offense with 185 yards on the ground and 243 in the air. The Red Wolves played a clean game with no penalties and no turnovers.

RSSO Ryan Alpin ended up getting the sole start as RSFR Philip Butterfield was out with a minor injury. "Alpin did quite alright tonight, he might have solidified the postition as starter of this football team tonight," commented Frisk about the RSSO performance. The Red Wolves got out to a quick start scoring 28 points in the first half, three touchdown passes from Alpin and one TD run by Lawson.

As mentioned before, they key to winning this game was Arkansas State's defense. True Freshmen DE Darius Dunaway had a overpowering 11 Tackles with 6 TFL and 6 sacks. Other True Freshmen DE Ryan Carrethers has 3 tackles with 2 TFL and 1 sack. "The defensive line was dominant tonight. They were unbelievable this game. Our biggest problem last year was a cohesive defensive unit and I think we found just that this year, " was Frisk's statement regarding the defensive play.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSSO QB #16 Ryan Aplin 13-22, 243 yards with 3 TD's

[​IMG]

FR DE #95 Darius Dunaway 11 Tackles, 6 TFL, 6 Sacks

UP NEXT FOR THE RED WOLVES

The Red Wolves now host the 1-0 Iowa Hawkeyes and hope for a little redemption after their close loss last season. This game will mark the end of the two season contract the teams have drafted to play. ASU hopes to bring the series to 1-1. Iowa leads ASU in almost every category except for rush defense. The Red Wolves will need to slow down HB Jewel Hampton to force QB Ricki Stanzi to throw if they want to win the game.

8. Jam.

Congrats Emmdot. Good win.

9. NDCOLTS1979

Thanks i was getting pretty upset towards the end after holding them on defense so often. But i will take the win

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Cincinnati 27 WKU 0

This game was ugly.

WKU pulls starters in 3rd quarter after Vasquez throws his 2nd Int, a pick 6.

WKU holds Cincinnati to around 250 yards total for game.

11. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Memphis 28 Auburn 14

Memphis controlled the whole game and every time it looked like it would put the nail in the coffin, they would turn the ball over. Auburn stuck in and made it a game. The number 1 heisman contender Lance Smith showed why he just that. 130 yards and was a complete workhorse. Tyler Bass, the new QB for Memphis has been nothing by spectacular in his first two games as a starter, racking up 6 TD's (2 in this game). On the recieving end, Billy Foster was the show stealer with 130+ yards and a TD. He also ran a kick return back to the house. Memphis improves to 2-0 going into the bye week.

12. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Kent State drops a nail biter to Notre Dame 49-42

Notre Dame took control early by holding Kent State to a couple field goals in the RZ and a couple of punts. At the half it was still a close game with the irish on top 28-20.

Notre Dame came out on fire in the 3rd Q, they earned the quarter 21-8 as they went up 49-28. Thats when the magic began as Kent State put up a fierce comeback.

On the first play of the quarter, Muldrow pulls in a 26 yard TD to pull within two scores. The Kent State defense shows up and forces an ND punt. On the first play of the ensuiing drive, Notre Dame brings heavy pressure... but Kent State had hot routed the slot receiver to a streak and he found isolation down the hash on the SS. The QB tosses up a bomb and the safety goes up for the pick... but the jump was mistimed. The pass goes for a 69yd walk in TD... 49-42 with 2 minutes left.

Kent State still had all 3 time outs so they decide to punt and play defense. Notre Dame took over as they converted 3 different and crucial 3rd down coversions to run out the clock.

Notre Dame dominated the LOS on boths sides as evidenced by the rushing numbers:

ND - 280yds rushing on 39 carries
    KS - 40yds rushing on 16 carries

Kent State was forced to go to their... and they did it in a big way:
    ND - 280yds passing (18/34)
    KS - 523yds passing (35/59) + 2 costly INTs.

Yes, 523 yards passing.

Stat of the game, red zone efficiency:
    ND - 5 of 6
    KS - 3 of 7

13. Jam.

^Do you think you could do a scouting report when you get around to it? I face them later this year.

14. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Damn..... that is the 3rd time this season one of us has dropped a close one against a top #10 team. Our teams are getting there... maybe a strong recruiting class can get us over the hump.

15. NDCOLTS1979

Didnt have time to post the stats from the game earlier.

UAB

38 rushes 11 yards 2 td
    14-31-1 320 yards passing
    6-14 3rd down
    2 fumbles
    2 ints
    17 first downs

ASU

18 rushes -17 yards 0 td
    13-30-1 152 yards
    1-13 first down
    0 turnovers
    6 first downs

The score was nowhere near as close at it should of been but turnovers killed us.

16. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

mmhm thought it was an easy game but only won by 1 TD, 52-45

bright spot, Thompson destroyed UCLA o-line with 8 sacks... mmhm :) but only won by one TD how sad. 4 TD 4 INT by my QB.

17. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Will do...

18. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Tulane 31 Ole Miss 3
    Tulane completely dominates the Rebels offense all day. Ole Miss manages only 127 yards of offense and only gets 90 through the air on 10 completions. Very puzzling play calling. Ole Miss was determined to run the ball and continued even when the score was getting out of hand.
    Tulane's offense was stymied throughout the first half except for two plays. QB Moore found a wide open RB on an all out blitz for a 64 yd TD and then connected with a WR for a 50+ yd TD. Tulane was able to tack on a FG as time expired to take a 17-0 lead at half.
    Ole Miss went to the locker room determined to close the gap but an 88 yd kickoff return TD to start the 2nd half deflated the Rebels. Tulane simply ran 3 times and punted the rest of the half to seal the win. Thats two games vs top 15 teams and two victories for the Green Wave. A consensus top 25 ranking is surley due Tulane come next week.

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

** Don't forget to check out my game of the week thread.**

Congrats on another big win by onradio....I see a urban meyer type upgrade for you soon! you might get GOW two weeks in a row!

20. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Just saw your GOW thread. Thx for the pub Emm. No way this week's should be GOW though, it was a snoozer except for a couple big plays. Ole Miss is very vanilla on offense but their D is tricky with its 3-4 base.

21. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Air Force @ Florida

nothing much to report. My 1st and 2nd string QB went out in the 2nd Qtr. My 3rd string went out in the 3rd.... my WR had to take some snaps for a bit while the 3rd stringer got some attention. Staring RB Stephens got hurt.... and Flordia wooped us. AF held the gators to 7 points in the first half.... and then in the second they scored 49, including 35 in the 4th qtr. Bad game.... really bad game..... and im really starting to hate this team I have..... definitely need to re-group, think up a plan, and make some major changes.

Florida : 56
    AF : 7

22. NDCOLTS1979

Damn thats rough to play Fla at the swamp and then lose 2 qbs

23. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nevada cruised by lowly Colorado State in the Wolfpacks season opener. It was all Randall all the time. Randall carried the ball 30+ times for over 273 yds and 5 td's, to lead the Wolfpack passed the Rams.

The defense also stepped up to aid in the Nevada win. The Wolfpack defense forced 6 int's, all from different players.

"The win was a total team effort. Everyone contributed to the success of the team", a comment made by Coach Foever after the game.

Self proclaimed Hesiman hopeful C. Kaepernick didn't play like a First Team All American. He accounted for for four turnovers (3 int's, 1 fum) and managed to complete only 54% of his passes. The number of opportunities the QB had helped take the pressure off of him. The crowd, not happy with his play, showed appreciation as as left the game mid way through the fourth qtr.

Senior Rb, Courtney Randall made his presence know early and often. He couldn't be stopped. He scorched the Rams defense all game long. He huge game earned him Player of the Game accolades.

The Wolfpack travel to BYU to take on the cougars next week.

Final Score:

Nevada 70
    Col St 20

GAME TOTALS​
    CSU NEV
    TOTAL OFFENSE 328 648
    RUSH-YDS-TD 29-141-1 52-357-8
    PASS YDS 187 291
    3RD DOWN CON. 2-12 8-11
    TURNOVERS 6 3​

24. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

maybe we can advance tonight since druken is getting his game in right now :)

25. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Kent State beats #12 Penn State 31-28 in a thriller!!!
    [​IMG]
    After going down 28-0 in the 2nd quarter which included a few turnovers by KS and a punt returned for a TD by PSU, cameras caught a sound bite of the Kent State coach talking to his top assistant:

Coach went into the half and fired up his team, the team got the message. KS held PSU scoreless in the 2nd half and the offense was once again aggressive (4 of 6 on fourth downs) and explosive, but ball security issues remain. Kent state managed to hit a 38 yard field goal with :40secs remaining (after missing a much shorter kick in the 1st half) to go up 31-28. That ended up being the game winner.

When asked about his teams performance after the game the coach replied: