Season 2 Week 2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 5, 2013.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

#9 OU-38
    #10 UNC-21

Our offense looked terrible to start the game as Blake Bell threw 3 early interceptions. Luckily, Fuzzy looked just as bad. While we figured things out in the 2nd half, Fuzzy's freshman QB continued to struggle, throwing 6 picks on the day.

FS/nickelback Quentin Hayes won't be denied playing time. He put on one of the best performances I've ever seen from a CPU defender on a user team. 4 tackles, 4 picks (1 for TD) and 1 fumble return for a TD. The guy was all over the place on D and handled all our kick and punt return duties as well.

gg fuzzyl0gic

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yeah it was a good one. The freshman actually threw 5 (OUCH), and Coker came in and threw one more for good measure. I got too confident with the freshman, and tried to force some of those passes. I really hope that is the toughest secondary we face all year, my WRs couldn't get separation and each time I forced it they warped to the INT (felt like the reverse of our game before the reboot). Good luck this year, I think you've got the talent to go all the way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DirtycashDylan

I also gotta give credit to my line. 3 man front and, with my LB help, they did a good job stopping the run for the most part. They also squashed every screen attempt which I would've hated if I where you.

4. fuzzyl0gic

It was a very frustrating game. Luckily, I've learned to laugh it off instead of rage like I used to. It was still a good/fun one, I had my chances.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DirtycashDylan

Baron can you change the title to Week 2

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Tech wins a wild one in 3OT at Oregon 65-62. Will have more later on this doozy...

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I just threw a tortilla in honor of your upset!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG] that's a high scoring game!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]
    #13 TCU 49
    #20 NC State 21

The Horned Frogs open the season up with a very convincing win over the Wolfpack in a rematch of last years Fiesta Bowl. TCU would score the first 28 points of the game (aided by a few dropped 3rd downs by the Wolfpack). BJ Catalon in his first start of his career would take it 26 yards in for the run, then Trevon Boykin would take it 50 yards in on the run. Catalon would pick up his 2nd score of the game on an 11 yard scamper to end the 1st quarter. Then in the 2nd quarter, Trevon Boykin would find Brandon Carter for a 70 yard strike and score. NC State would put up there first points of the half though with a 22 yard touchdown pass. TCU would get into field goal range, but on a run to get the ball centered, they would be called for a holding penalty that would put them a few yards out of field goal range so we would go into the half 28-7. NC State would receive the opening kickoff of the 2nd half and take the ball down and score pretty easily. TCU would be forced to punt on their opening drive and NC State would quickly be on the move again. Inside the 20, the Wolfpack would throw their 2nd interception of the game. From that point, it was all TCU for the most part. Boykin would take it 51 yards on a QB run and score to go up 35-14. Brissett would respond for the Wolfpack with a 5 yard TD though and cut the lead to 14. After a long drive down to the 1, BJ Catalon would take the ball 1 yard into the endzone. On the Wolfpacks next drive, Brissett would be picked off for a 4th time and Kolby Griffin would take it 78 yards for a touchdown. Brissett would fumble on the next drive allowing the Horned Frogs to kneel it out and pick up a big win on the road to start the season.

Trevon Boykin 13-16 224 1 TD 17 rushes 114 yards 2 tds

BJ Catalon 13 rushes 109 yards 3 tds

• Like Like x 2
  11. fuzzyl0gic

Atta boy, stick it to the commish!

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Who the fork let Phil have any NCAA team other than UMass or Georgia State?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

To be fair baron was having some issues on the phone so he wasnt at the top of his game. He had a chance to cut it to one score and threw a pass that I'm willing to bet he'd never throw under normal circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

upload_2013-9-7_9-32-35.png upload_2013-9-7_9-32-35.png

Texas Tech wins a wild one in Oregon - 1250 total yards, 127 points

Things started out well for Tech on defense as they forced a number of turnovers and held the Oregon offense in check for about 10 game minutes. However, Michael brewer also fell victim to the INT bug as he threw 5 of them. Things changed however, when the Tech offensive staff noted that when they lined up in 2x2, the oregon defense only used a 5 man front. Once this was adjusted to, there was no stopping the Red Raider Running game. Starter Kenny Williams gashed the Duck defense for 240 yards and back up sophomore Quenton White added 90 more. Williams however, was injured in the 4th and will be out for 5 weeks...

Things got wild in the final minutes of the 4th as 5 TDs were scored in a span of 2 and a half minutes. Tech scored with 28 seconds left to take a 45-42 lead, however Oregon got into range and kicked a game tying FG to send it to OT. Both offenses scored on their first offensive plays in the first 2 OTs. However, in the 3rd OT, oregon was held to a FG. 4 plays later the Tech offense punched it in the end zone for the 65-62 win.

Probably the wildest game I have ever played. I pride myself on trying to play decent defense and I have never been so helpless on that side of the ball as I was in this game. Luckily Oregon's DC is a dumbass and allowed Texas friggin Tech to run for over 300 yards.