Season 2 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Oct 13, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Season 2 Week 2

Week 2. Two more user vs user games this week. Going to be interesting to see who survives these first couple of weeks.

Looking to advance Friday, October 16th at 6:30am

USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT
    Maxattax34 #3 Oregon 0-0 (0-0) @ #4 Texas
    MorsDraconis #10 USC 0-1 (0-0) Bye
    castortroy4206 #19 Ohio State 1-0 (0-0) Bye
    Bondzai007 Michigan 0-0 (0-0) #6 Alabama
    Papa Perry #6 Alabama 1-0 (0-0) @ Michigan
    dub #2 Oklahoma 1-0 (0-0) Bye
    Beazus Christ #13 Miami 1-0 (0-0) @ #24 Utah
    KnighNoles #1 Florida State 1-0 (0-0) @ #22 Boise State
    bravejaf #1 Florida 0-1 (0-0) #15 Virginia Tech
    Dru50 #6 Texas 1-0 (0-0) #3 Oregon

User vs User Games

Maxattax34 @ Dru50
    Papa Perry @ Bondzai007

Heisman Watch

Player POS Team Movement
    Jeremiah Masoli QB Oregon
    -​
    Julio Jones WR Alabama
    -​
    Jacory Harris QB Miami
    -​
    Aldarius Johnson WR Miami
    -​
    Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
    Up​

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I wish Heisman would take consideration for user games... lol Jermaine Thomas has a good game and falls out of the race...

3. KnightNoles

also good job for Dru and Max to get their game in right after the adv... Papa and Bond should be an interesting game b/c Mich should be more experienced and talented this year!

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Yeah, you guys are doing a great job getting your user games is quickly. Keep that shit up. ;)

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yeah, the timing worked out that we both just happened to be on at the same time right after you advanced. Was a fun game.

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm hoping my speed on defense is good enough for that spread. If we can protect McElroy, him an Julio will be like Brokeback Mountain all day lol

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm looking to injure Julio early.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

He might be back in after week 2. I would expect Masoli to drop down the list as the Texas defense was able to lock him up pretty effectively (if I remember, he only had about 150 yards passing, 1 TD, 2 INT's and negative rushing yards).

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well if that were the case Moore would be tops in Heisman race. I don't know what his overall stats were but he had 160 yards receiving and two td's... on just 2 completions. :p

Too bad I couldn't complete any other passes or run the ball the entire game.

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Go ahead, then you can go after Maze, then Alexander or Hanks. If that ain't enough, go after Ingram and Richardson. Or how about my entire defense?Maybe that will work...

11. KnightNoles

yea 80.0 yards a catch isnt too bad....(n)

Thomas was in the race to begin the year and then he has 100+ yards and 3 TDs and falls out of it.. WTF

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I only moved up two spots after the big road win huh? That sucks. If I get past Miami next week skies the limit, unless I have a "Nebraska" problem again this year. If I have a good day running against Beazus I might be able to get Boom Herron into the Heisman mix with 9 straight cpu games after that.(y)

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I was just as surprised as you are by that. I can't believe you beat the #2 team in the nation on the road and only move up 2 spots. That's pretty bullshit.

14. KnightNoles

That Ohio State perception lol (y)

Just keep winning and you will move up quickly.. Go look at my last years rankings in my thread for some proof

Poll posted below

15. KnightNoles

Here so you dont have to go searchin for the rankings

Weekly Poll Ranking
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10 Column 11 Column 12 Column 13 Column 14 Column 15 Column 16 Column 17
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14/CW BW F
    Coaches 20 18 12 8 1 2 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1
    Media 21 19 9 8 5 5 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
    BCS - - - - - - - - 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1

16. BDSDIGITAL

Makes Sense. I'm not sweating it. the rankings in this game act funny. Usually I experience the ratings flux on my way down, not up though haha.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I was never in danger of losing to Va. Tech but my QB's are terrible. Maybe I'm spoiled by Tebow but McCloud and Brantley don't seem good at anything. I used McCloud this entire game but he only had like 110 yards passing, 15 yards rushing, and 3 turnovers.

18. KnightNoles

Seems to me that your pressing, just let it come to them. McCloud is in the same mold as Tebow, just do what you did last year and you will be fine. I think your thinkin without Tebow you gotta change the offense and I dont think you have to

19. KnightNoles

well damn, Im last one and will get on it right now.. looks like we will have another fast advance!

20. KnightNoles

Noles end the 56 game home win streak of the Blue Turf

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Glad to see the quick finish. Hopefully we can advance today, allowing me to play my game tonight.

22. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

We will definitely be advancing this evening when I get home from work (around 5:30 to 6:30). Well done fellas. REALLY likin' the speed we have going with getting stuff done quickly.

I'm seriously thinkin' about toning back on the requirements of reports and stuff in an attempt to speed up everything.

Instead of having reports in specific threads, I might start doing what the Deuce does with just score threads and stuff instead of doing lots of work. I'd like to really get far into this OD and I think that's the best way to do it.

23. BDSDIGITAL

I don't think I'll be able to play my game against Miami until Saturday. I got another game I have to play tonight and Friday I'll be busy.

24. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

That's never an issue.

I'm thinkin' about changing the advance dates to ever 48 hours instead of 72 for weeks when there aren't any user games and then leaving it at 72 for user game weeks.

We will always wait for you guys to play your user games, but I think we're going to have hard set times for CPU games. No waiting on people to play them anymore past the normal time unless you have a good reason.

25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That works really well because it sparks a lot of discussion about the recruits and the scores. When they are all split up in each teams sub-forum not everyone looks at them, but if all the scores are in the same place everyone see them and will usually comment.

You can't go wrong following in The Deuce's footsteps. (y)