Season 2: Week 2

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by LSUTRUTH, Aug 15, 2012.

1. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

2. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    WVU Takes Care #4 Ranked Utah
    31 - 17
    [​IMG]

Hopefully we can open up the passing game a little more next week against Vandy but this week all Utah had to do was Rush 4 and I couldn't stop them.

After Vandy VT visits. Rumor is the University is handing out Batteries for the VT game :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

#16[​IMG]1-0 [​IMG][​IMG] 1-0[​IMG]#20
    Tar Heels shut down Horned Frogs explosive offense in dominating win
    tcu.jpg

On a rainy day in North Carolina, both defenses came to play. TCU QB M. Brown was held to 6/18 passing for 30 yards, nothing downfield worked, and couple that with some key drops and TCU couldn't throw it to save their lives. UNC QB B. Renner was more effective, but didn't put up great numbers, going 15/25 for 152 yards with a TD and an INT inside the 5 yard line of TCU. The ground game is where both teams were able to move the ball, with UNC running for 182 yards and TCU 102 yards respectively. The difference was that UNC consistently churned out 5-7 yard runs, and almost all of TCU's running yards came on 2 plays.

One look at the box score will show just how much control the Tar Heels had:

First Downs: UNC 18, TCU 3
    3rd Downs: UNC 9/12, TCU 1/8
    Total Yards: UNC 334, TCU 132
    Possession : UNC 20:05, TCU 7:55

The thing that kept TCU in the game were the 2 turnovers they forced, both deep in their own territory on sure fire scoring drives by North Carolina. The game would start slowly, with a fumble by UNC ending the opening possession. The Tar Heels would pull away a bit by half though, thanks to a FG and 29 yard TD run by Marquise Williams that put them up 10-0. Another touchdown from a Renner pass in the 3rd would extend it to 17-0. But thanks to a 74 yard touchdown run on a draw midway through the 4th, TCU had new life. Unfortunately for them UNC's defense stepped it up big time and th Horned Frogs never sniffed the endzone again, and the offense was able to put together first downs to run out the clock.

Good game GDip

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Nice win Blonde. I believe that puts the ACC up 2-0 :p

5. Hokie Effect

Just the K ST vs NC ST user game and FSU left. Adance tonight maybe (y)

Behind on recaps, will get those done by end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

MIAMI MOVES TO 2-0 WITH A GRITTY WIN IN TUSCON

Down by 7 after the 1st QTR, the U finds a way to win. #5 Texas comes to town next week.

[​IMG] # Miami 3 14 10 7 34
    [​IMG] # Arizona 10 7 7 3 27
    First Quarter
    2:53 FG [​IMG] Miami Tim Wright K #5 38 yard FG
    1:11 FG [​IMG] Ariz Eugene Whitehead K #10 40 yard FG
    0:00 TD [​IMG] Ariz Shaquille Richardson CB #5 46 yard TD (Eugene Whitehead K #10 kick)
    Second Quarter
    1:56 TD [​IMG] Miami Clive Walford TE #46 53 yard TD from Stephen Morris QB #17 (Tim Wright K #5 kick)
    0:11 TD [​IMG] Ariz Jared Tevis FS #38 48 yard TD (Eugene Whitehead K #10 kick)
    0:00 TD [​IMG] Miami Allen Hurns WR #1 66 yard TD from Stephen Morris QB #17 (Tim Wright K #5 kick)
    Third Quarter
    5:52 TD [​IMG] Miami Allen Hurns WR #1 38 yard TD from Stephen Morris QB #17 (Tim Wright K #5 kick)
    4:56 TD [​IMG] Ariz Tyler Slavin WR #11 10 yard TD from Javelle Allen QB #14 (Eugene Whitehead K #10 kick)
    1:42 FG [​IMG] Miami Tim Wright K #5 43 yard FG
    Fourth Quarter
    5:35 TD [​IMG] Miami Sean Harvey FB #43 1 yard TD (Tim Wright K #5 kick)
    3:19 FG [​IMG] Ariz
    Eugene Whitehead K #10 39 yard FG

Allen Hurns
    Wide Receiver |
    [​IMG]

Home Hialeah, FL
    Height 6-3
    Weight 190
    Year Senior

Player of the game. He caught 3 passes for 130 yards and 2 td's

CMP /ATT YDS TD INT
    S 9/15 220 3 2

ATT YDS TD LNG
    D. Johnson 11 68 0 19

E. Clements 13 68 0 36

D. Crawford 6 26 0 18

S. Harvey 4 8 1 6

CTH YDS TD LNG
    A. Hurns 3 130 2 66

C. Walford 2 58 1 53

R. Scott 2 31 0 19

A. Cleveland 1 2 0 2

E. Baker 1 -1 0 0

I am beginning to get used to that EA Dynasty site for some cool ass game recaps.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

BakerWildcat7 When are you available to play? I should be on tonight around 10 pm EST.

8. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I won't be able to go until around 10 CST..... Is that too late for u?

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

I'm starting to find my groove on defense. I actually think I've got a shot to do big things this season, can't wait to go into Blacksburg and kick some more ass (y)

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nope. That will be fine. I'll see you around 11 EST/10 CST for you to crush me (my team lost way too much talent to be good this season).

11. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Yea right lol.... We all know how its really gonna turn out!

12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Post updated with recap

14. Hokie Effect

A Big Win

Thundering Herd are no match for Virginia Tech.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

DEFENDING THE TITLE
    NC State came into the season as the defending national champs. Having lost a good deal of starters from both sides of the ball, including star QB Mike Glennon and Heisman Trophy winner HB James Washington, this could be looked at as a rebuilding season. The new class was ready to prove that wasn't the case in travelling to the Little Apple to take on the Kansas State Wildcats.

KSU would win the toss and elect to defer. NCSU would march the ball down the field and culminate the drive with an 8 yard TD run up the middle by Tony Creecy to put the Pack up 7-0. The teams would trade punts for the rest of the quarter and it would come to an end with KSU driving and the score stil 7-0.

27 seconds into the second quarter, KSU would hit a 41 yard FG to make it 7-3. After putting the ball at the 25 following the touchback, WR Bryan Underwood would slip by the defensive backs and new QB Tyler Brosius would hit him in stride for a 75 yard TD to go up 14-3. KSU would follow up with a time consuming drive that would end up in a punt, and NCSU would march back down the field. With 1:18 left in the half, Brosius would find WR Quinton Payne on a quick hitch route. The defenders would whiff on the tackle, and Payne sprinted to the end zone on a 38 yard touchdown play to put NCSU up 21-3. Kansas State would try to get another score before the half ended, but would be intercepted. The Pack went for the jugular, but ended up having to kick a FG with 3 seconds left in the half. At the break, NCSU led 24-3.

KSU would receive the second half, and throw their second pick of the game. NCSU would gladly repay the favor, only KSU would return theirs 50 yards for the TD to try and start the comeback attempt, 24-10 at the end of three.

NCSU would play ball control at this point, and Tony Creecy would find his second TD of the game. This one was from 7 yards out. With 5:34 to play, NCSU led 31-10. Kansas State would step it up with their next drive, making play after play before ending with a 26 yard TD pass to cut it to 31-17. The ensuing onside kick was recovered by NCSU. Chewing clock and running the ball, Tony Creecy found a crease and hit it for 35 yards to make it 38-17, and KSU was unable to put anything together after that. NCSU defends their title with an opening game win, putting the ACC up 3-0 in the second annual ACC-Big XII challenge.

Player of the game was HB Tony Creecy who carried the ball 28 times for 144 yards and 3 TD's.