Season 2, Week 3 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 7, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Next Advance:
    -Wednesday midnight EST or
    -When 10/10 are ready

Last Week:
    -impressive first weeks for most
    -Mullen loses replay of win
    -Pro and Goose struggle with BCS opponents

This Week:
    -Big Games: Buffalo vs Baylor, WKy vs Kentucky
    -Bye Week: Bonner, Pro
    -User Games: none

Notes:
    -Everyone is doing great. Please keep rushing sim and watch stat-grabbing/running "money" plays. Mix it up and keep calm my boys. You guys have some beasts!
    -Great start to Season 2 boys. Keep up the activity and availability!
    -Remember: No 4 stars and 15 3 star limit
    -Team Pages! (speaking to myself!)

2. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Won pretty big against an fcs team but ea upload failed and game didn't count
    Pretty annoying I had some nice plays to

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Won big vs. Wyoming.

My defense gave up some yards. Especially on third down, I was terrible. They converted 3rd and 26 and 3rd and 21. A bit concerned with my secondary.

My offense was filthy again. QB Coleman was 13-20 240 yards and a td. Also ran for 50 yards and a td. HB Whitehead ran it 20 times for 133 yards and a td. WR Haynes 5 catches 166 and a td.

All videos uploaded. Check out Wyo's TD. Great animation.

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

^yeah, i saw that catch in the corner of the end zone...very cool looking

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I couldn't even be mad. At first I thought, no way. Then they reviewed it and was like...wow, that was awesome.

6. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

^ That Catch was crazy! That's cool when it's second qtr but if I lost a game on a play like that I'd be in my feelings! But your answer to that with your TD catch was sweet!

7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

And apparently I have Bobby Boucher on my defense. Check out his td and tell that doesn't look like the waterboy.

8. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

NO BETTER FEELING DURING RECRUTING ON CPU AND YOU GET INTERNAL SERVER ERROR...FOR THOSE WHO DO KNOW IT MEANS YOU GET AN INSTANT SIGNING! ;)

Brennan Mack.png

9. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

LOL NECK ROLL AND ALL THATS FUNNY!!!!! LMAO!

10. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Mtsu wins rematch big against fcs 44-7

It was an all round easy game for Mtsu as they would dominate both sides of the ball. Wideout K. Gilswould would shine in this after having to step up into the starting role left behind by T. Jefferson.

Coach Montgomery said " it was a great game for us but it should be against such a weak team like that and would expect nothing less from our team. It is a great start to the season for our team on both sides of the ball and we will try to keep it rolling against our next opponent."

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

miller.png

San Jose signs Karl Miller at CB this year will start game one!

12. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Team page updated as well.

13. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Whenever I decide to take a break from work, eat lunch with the fan, its the middle of the day, the sun blaring so theres a bad glare inside, its warm, my kids are climbing on my shoulders and back, yelling in jubilee at life and I think, "hey, you know I should play my game,"...

I usually then immediately think, "nah. I'd lose."

And then I think, "meh, what the heck." I throw in the game. And lo and behold... I lose.

Worst game of my life. At this point, I am seriously considering cutting, deleting, editing to zero QB Eric Soza. I am so freakin tired of that dude getting hurt (this time for the game in the mid first quarter), I just want to start with my non-mobile piece of crap backup. Then at least losing seems right.

Sheesh. Nightmare. UAB. Conference game. Didn't pay a lick of attention. I'm an idiot.

Sigh.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I just gave you your 1000th like....your welcome

• Like Like x 1
  15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

FAU wins a wild one 19-17....with a safety with less than 20 seconds left in the game. With the game knotted at 17, the Owls had the ball at their own 20 after a touchback punt. After a nice screen pass, the Owls were sitting pretty, 2 minutes and some change left, almost to FG range for Mike Harris. Two bad runs and a sack later, the clock is down to 26 seconds and I have no option but to punt and take this bad boy into overtime. Now, I am not good at directional punting...horrible really, ask goose. But I stick on that lands at the 4 and scoots out of bounds at the 1 with 17 seconds left in the game. UTEP comes out, 3 wide, two in the backfield. I figure hell, chances are my safeties can run anyone down so why not send the house. Star OLB Ronald Johnson splits his gap, and tackles the rb in the end zone, giving the Owls their first win of the season, and their first win ever in CUSA.

The Freshman shined in this game. QB Rick Lewis went 19-27, 198 yds and 2 tds with no INTS, Freshman WR's Cliff Mirvil and Robert Ferwerda caught their first career tds in this one. On defense, CB Kenneth Reaser had two ints, on in the end zone which he brougt out and made it all the way to the opponets 30 yard line before being chased down.

The injury bug hit hard in this one though as HB TJ Moon was lost in the 1st Qtr with a concussion, JR WR and slot man Marcus Cunningham was lost for 4 weeks with a strained pectoral, and star freshman SS Jesse Fernandez was lost for 7 weeks with a broken ankle.

Next up, the Owls stay on the road for the third straight week to take on...the South Carolina Gamecocks

• Like Like x 1
  16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

team page updated

17. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU opens season with a win 31 - 14 over in state rival Kentucky. Game was tight early adn WKU could only muster a 3-0 lead at the end of the 1st qtr. WKU scored on a 24 yard TD by Jr RB J.Evans to go up 10-0. Kentucky answered with their own scoring drive when RB R. Sanders scored on a 3 yard run. WKU opened the 2nd half on a K. Simpson 7 yard run(videos didn't upload and this was a a powerful run) to take a 17-7 lead. FR QB, Josh Mason, connected with B. Brand on a 18 yard play action pass to give the Hilltoppers a 24-7 lead. Just as I was about to call for the mass substitution to start the 4th qtr, Kentucky connected on on a few plays and ended up scoring on a 8 yard pass between QB M. Smith and D. Warren. Up 24-14, WKU converted to ground and pound mode and K.Simpson added a 2 yard score with 2:28 in the game to go up for good 31-14.

Rico Brown was injured early in the game and J.German was added in game for him...Brown did return but German had already done his damage and I'm going to have to look at this more in depth going forward.

Fr QB Josh "Free" Mason in his WKU debut was 13 - 19 283yds 1 TD with 210.0 passer rating

Sr RB K. Simpson 16 ATT 36 yds 2 TD

Jr RB J. Evans 14 ATT 93 yds 1 TD

WR J. German may have played himself into the starting line-up 5 REC 128 yds 0 TD

Video Upload failed...

WKU travels to Oklahoma St. next week.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

UMass suffers worse than a Loss

After losing Freshman ATH Brendan Dawson(78 ovr) in week 2 to a foot injury that has him sidelined for 7 weeks. The other phenominal Freshman ATH Andy Moore(76 ovr) was hit in the elbow awkwardly and is now out 11 weeks. The two players who were supposed to turn around the franchise is now out.

Insert the famous Kellen Pagel. Pagel if you remember likes to call his own shot in the huddle. Coach Plague is thinking of just turning the reins over to Pagel and let him run the offense.
    In the game against Tulane. The Green Wave qb threw the ball at will for over 300 yards. Lots of crossing routes and TE targets. UMass linebackers just couldn't keep up.

Its going to be a long year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Goose

Goose Walk On

North Texas was flinging the ball all over to the TE and Slot guy like crazy. It really pissed me off. Bad luck on the injuries, but at least you'll have them back for the "War to end them all" with Kent State.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pro

Pro Walk On

Wouldn't matter anyway Goose.

21. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Hey guys last night when I tried to upload my videos it said my server timed out and the upload failed but I just looked and three videos did upload not all 5.