Season 2 - Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 2 - Week 3 Scores

Week 3 is up and ready as of last evening. Next advance will happen no later than Thursday night.

User games:
    #4 LSU at #9 Texas
    #8 Nebraska at Auburn
    #1 Oklahoma at #5 USF
    #21 Tennessee at #6 Florida

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Cincy dusted off Fresno State last night 42-21 (I think).

Couldn't access the site, so the brief recap is that QB Chazz Anderson continued his hot streak as he threw for nearly 300 yards and added 100+ on the ground. It was a big weekend as the Bearcats had some big recruits in attendance. We'll see what they thought next week.

The Bearcats are on a bye next week and will begin getting ready for conference play this week.

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Week 3

Team Coaches Poll[/SIZE][/B]
    Oklahoma 1
    Pittsburgh 2
    LSU 4
    USF 5
    Florida 6
    Nebraska 8
    Texas 9
    Notre Dame 10
    Cincinnati 12
    Kansas St 20
    Tennessee 21
    Auburn NR

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Kansas State- 55
    Oergon State- 29

WTF for the second year in a row my starting QB and RB get injured.....and right before a big user game.

QB Chris Harper- broken ribs, 7 weeks
    RB Daniel Thomas- broken collarbone, season

5. Dru50

Damn, that sucks. Risk of running the option I guess (if I recall you have a reputation as a very big proponent of the option offense). I almost never run the option because it seems like every time I try to use that offense my QB goes down.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I do tend to mix in the option to keep everyone on their toes, but my QB was hurt getting hit after throwing the ball. I am fine with my backup QB even though he is not as mobile, but I am really gonna miss Thomas. He was playing very well and my backup RB's aren't nothing to brag about. Guess we will find out next week how valuable they each were.

7. Dru50

It's too bad, since we've never played before, I'd rather face you at full strength. Although now if I can't with the better roster and you being down your QB and HB what would that would be a pretty disappointing start to the season.

8. astealthyhippo

Damn, that injury bug is a bitch. If I recall correctly, last year you had a couple starters hurt for our game too. I know we don't play for like 4 or 5 weeks, but by then I fully expect Helu to be on the shelf. The battle for the Big 12 North may turn into the "Battle of the backups".

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

#8 Nebraska 14
    Auburn. 34

Auburn racks up the rushing yards, over 200 of them, and QB Kodi Burns is nearly perfect in the first half, finishing the game with over 200 total yards and 2 scores. The Tiger defense forced 2 turnovers and held the Huskers to under 60 yards rushing. GG Hippo

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

One other thing to add, the score is in no way representative of how close this game actually was. Hippo missed 2 field goals, which obviously can happen but not that often. However, I also scored a garbage touchdown at the end that I really had no business scoring. I was running the clock down and it was under a minute. I wasn't sure if I could just take a knee, so I had run on first down and my wife called. I ran again on second leaving 3rd and 6from about the 10. I was distracted while talking to my wife, I called another dive play and ran right up the middle for the score. As I realized what I was doing, I tried to stop but it was too late and I was in the end zone. I apologized to hippo, and of course he understood (if you don't know, hippo is awesome). The score should really have been only 27-14........and a lot closer if those field goals go thru.

Anyway, good game hippo, sorry again about that BS TD at the end.

11. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

UF 21 UT 20

UF sneaks out a win in Tennessee. The Gators were lucky to hold on as the Vols missed a late field goal that would have given them the lead with just under two minutes to go. The Gators were lead by John Brantley as the running game was held in check by the stout Vols D.

Good game Rec

12. Dru50

We will advance either tonight when I get home, depending on the time (I have a business meeting in Long Island, 2.5 hours from my house, in the afternoon today), or tomorrow night at the latest if there is a need for an additional day for user games.

13. astealthyhippo

Yeah...the 1st missed FG got a "Wow" from me...the 2nd got a "Are you fucking kidding me?". Also throw in the goalline stand where you stuffed 2 FB dives then picked off my playaction pass and that's 13 points I could have had. That would have put me at 27 and made it a tied ball game with about 2 minutes to go. You deserved the win though, you played much better and didn't make any mistakes. It was a fun game nonetheless.

As for the late TD...I'll just make sure to kick a FG as time expires to win by 24 instead of 21 next year :D

14. astealthyhippo

Yeah...the 1st missed FG got a "Wow" from me...the 2nd got a "Are you fucking kidding me?". Also throw in the goalline stand where you stuffed 2 FB dives then picked off my playaction pass and that's 13 points I could have had. That would have put me at 27 and made it a tied ball game with about 2 minutes to go. You deserved the win though, you played much better and didn't make any mistakes. It was a fun game nonetheless.

As for the late TD...I'll just make sure to kick a FG as time expires to win by 24 instead of 21 next year :D

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

It was a good user game for sure. I thought Florida was going to run away with this game in the first half. Down 14-3, Florida was driving at the end of the half about to make it a 21-3 lead. But, the last play of the half would be a 103 yard pick six for the Vols. This really saved my team from another beatdown at the hands of the Gators.

16. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

That was a huge mistake by me. I think I could have ran it in with Brantley but I decided to throw a Vols TD pass instead.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think you could have ran it in too. At least it made the game more interesting!

18. Dru50

Notre Dame falls to USC in a game that the CPU took advantage of my fear of my O-Line. 7 sacks by USC, 4 of which came on plays where either a DE or DT came unblocked on a 4 man rush. 7 drops by Notre Dame WR's and several wobbly passes thrown by Clausen combined to cost the team the game.

The OL for my team is god awful, I don't care what the ratings are. They can't block in the running game and they really can't protect the QB. I could be in real trouble when I get to my user games with the turnstyles I have playing on the line.

On top of that, Clausen may not play much more if he can't start throwing more accurately. His passes are all over the place and for having a cannon for an arm doesn't mean squat if he overthrows the deep routes 90% of the time (which he does). Another poor game and Dayne Christ will likely get his chance early.

Game ball - DT Ian Williams, who had 2 sacks.

19. Dru50

Due to TF being down the past few days, I elected to give lsu/texas and ou/usf and extra couple days to get their games in, since I'm sure that coordinating a game time was challenging without the site.

We will be advancing tonight one way or another. Any games not played will need to be simmed, so get em done boys.

20. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

ill be off and on all day until around 8pm, then its Wife time...

21. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Texas - 21
    LSU - 22

Down 14 early in the 1st quarter, the Texas defense decided to finally wake up and completely shut down the Tigers potent offense. That is, naturally, until the final drive of the game. Play of the game: Late in the 4th quarter, Texas up 21-14, 4th and 7 for LSU on the LSU 40 something. Jefferson magically sidesteps a blitz he couldn't avoid all day, throws a laser to Tolliver on a corner route. Tolliver jumps up, gets hit in mid air, lands on his head...and hangs onto the ball. Friggin catch of the year. The rest you can pretty much figure. LSU drives down, scores, makes the 2pointer with 6 seconds left and the Longhorns lose again at home.

As stated in my team preview, inconsistency is my game!

In the first quarter, i thought for sure I was gonna get blown away. Great game Beazus, you deserved the win.

no players of the game for texas.

22. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Thats funny, I thought you deserved the win! GG