Season 2, Week 4 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 8, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced (last night!).

Advance Schedule:
    -Friday, midnight EST
    -When 10/10 are ready

Last Week:
    -some bad losses, but none worse than UMass' continuing injuries

This Week:
    -Bye Week: Brett, Weave
    -User Games: None
    -Big Games: FAU @ South Carolina, UMass @ GT, WKy @ OkSt, SJSU @ Stanford, Kent @ Clemson

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

day late on this commish....hell, Buffalo played 14 hours ago

• Like Like x 1
  3. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU 21 OKLAHOMA ST 24

WKU was bit by in Injury bug during this game in which starting QB, and 1 & 2 WR went down during the game. WKU got on the score board first when back-up QB Travis Russell scored on a 6 yard run to go up 7-0. WKU scored again with 2:37 left in the 2nd qtr when Kelvin Simpson scored on a 2 yard run to take a 14-0 lead.
    OK St. responded to score on a 62 yard TD pass between QB Clint Chelf and WR Josh Stewart with 2:07 left in the 1st half. After a WKU fumble OK St put together another scoring drive that saw QB Clint Chelf score on a 4 yard run with 1:39 left in the half. WKU opened up the 4th qtr with a 6 yard run by Kelvin Simpson. Ok St answered with a 2 yard TD run by Jeremy Smith with 1:58 left in the game. OK St capitalized on a late turnover turnover and scored on a 27 yard FG with 1:02 to seal the game 24-21.

Josh Mason 17/39 224 YDS 1INT

K.Simpson 15 ATT 60YDS 2 TD

Tom Davis TE 3 REC 68 YDS

Rico Brown WR 5 REC 62 YDS

Videos Uploaded

• Like Like x 2
  4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Wow what a game!

San Jose would jump out to a quick lead in this game as Stanford would throw three first quarter picks leading to a 9-0 lead for the Spartans after one.

Stanford would kick a pair of FG's themselves pulling it to a 9-6 lead. Yet for the first time in the game San Jose State would move the ball with a purpose capping of a late drive with a 13 yard strike to Grigsby putting them up 16-6 with 21 ticks in the half. Which would be plenty of time for Stanford to march down and tack on a FG to end the half at 16-9.

After a poor first half on offense Stanford would change there playing style up in the second half leaning heavy on there tailback Wilkerson who would score on a three yard run to tie the game up at 16-16. But Grigsby would have none of this tied shit and would smoke his defender off the line and go in for an 81 yard TD putting San Jose back up 23-16.

Wilkerson would come back and tie it back up on a 25 yard score making it 23-23. San Jose would stall out at mid field and have to punt it away and Stanford for the first time in the game has the ability to take the lead and they waste no time making it 26-23. The Spartans would again stall out and would pin there hopes on there defense to get them the ball back. As they line up on second down expecting the run Stanford would lob it up behind the Spartan defense for a big play taking them down all the way to the five yard line. One play later Wilkerson is in the end zone with a minute and a half to play it is 33-23 Stanford. San Jose poised to get the ball back and make this a game instead sits on the sideline as true freshman Sullivan returns the kick off 100 yards to pull within three 33-30. San Jose would then fail to get the onside kick and Stanford would kneel out the clock for the victory 33-30.

Stewart 8/13 196 yds 2 td
    Ervin 16 for 55
    Grigsby 4 for 133 yds 2 td

Player of the game
    Wilkerson 28 for 236 yds 3 td long only 25 yds 3 20+ 6 btk (felt like 20)

No injuries

Only two videos posted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

taylor.png

Got a decent RB will ride the pine first year but should start year two after everyone else goes pro ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

awfully quiet around here boys....

power rankings coming after the advance

7. vatechhokie01

my ps3 keeps shutting off on its own after like 5 minutes of being on and then flashing red light...

awesome.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

That sucks.

I'll have a write up for my game it a little bit.

9. vatechhokie01

well after 7 or 8 times my ps3 just cutting off (not during game but on like load and recruiting, etc) with flashing red-light, I got online and they said to vacuum my vents (overheating, although my thing wasn't hot and the vents in no way looked clogged). Well I guess it worked. Took a chance and played my game...

UTSA 34, Marshall 14

I can officially say this game is just a strange one. And this specific game was the weirdest I've ever played. Not sure I played one ounce different than usual, but Marshall literally tried like 20 screen passes, except for the fact that regardless of blitz or not, the QB (Cato who is a stud) wouldn't get rid of the ball, which resulted in 12 sacks (7 by my DTs which you all know is way strange in this game). Summary... they sucked.

Of note, I had what felt like my most realistic exciting awesome TD yet. Simple but take a look at the vid. Receiver ran curl route, QB threw outside shoulder perfectly missing coming DB and turned up field for score. Why can't this happen more often?!

P.S. We might have to ban go routes. Lame easy. I am officially banning 5 wide verts. Don't use it. I'm not kidding. I'll put the note next week but OFFICIAL RULE: NO 5 WIDE or EMPTY BACK ALL VERTS. I am banning this play. Stupid.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. vatechhokie01

plague? you alive?

11. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I would completely agree to banning all vert, but would caution against banning a certain route entirely.

12. vatechhokie01

thats what i meant, not banning go routes in general. although we could do something like:
    -limit one go route TD per game or one go route per WR1 and WR 2 per game
    -absolutely no go routes or post routes to slots (this doesn't just mean 3rd receivers but anyone, including 1st and 2nd receivers lined up in slots, etc
    -ban hot routing to go routes entirely

just ideas... but they are lame and a huge reason we are playing like we are

discuss... thoughts?

BUT YES... 5wide and empty back ALL VERTS IS BANNED! we'll discuss typical all verts here

• Like Like x 1
  13. vatechhokie01

p.s. many leagues ban this crap... just fyi

14. vatechhokie01

P.P.S. weave and I have been running dynasty on side with more default heisman sliders and enjoying them quite a bit (ill let him speak for himself). they are slightly tweaked harder and nothing in them is harder than default heisman. we'll keep playing for a few weeks but know we might be implementing. They are much tougher to run O on and could change the above conversation a bit (i.e. if we go harder sliders we just do that for a few weeks with no bans... except for 5wide Empty back go routes which is NOW ALWAYS banned)

again... discuss.

15. vatechhokie01

im not trying to change sliders a bunch... trust me. just tired of silly wins ALL the time as a result of NONdefault sliders. Im in fact trying to get back more TO DEFAULT sliders. which we have been enjoying. just some clarification.
    and if the consensus is to do nothing... great. Cuz I'm still having a blast!

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

why wasnt I invited to this little secret dynasty.

Im on strike

• Like Like x 1
  17. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  18. vatechhokie01

with the posts i just meant slot posts. didn't know if that was clear. i actually think wide posts are awesome and tough and realistic this game.

19. vatechhokie01

Just don't be lame and step out of bounds to hide it.

this is a bootable offense. to be sure. you don't belong in this league if you do this crap.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

^this....

I have no idea how some of you guys are keeping up with these big teams. I can barely move the ball...but, I run the short to intermediate passing game and dont stretch the field much. Meaning, I dont get those TDs over the top because, I dont run the plays. I say, if you have a catch that goes for over some number (say 50 yards) it must be put up as a highlight.

Completely ok with banning 5 wide vert....what about a hail mary situation? Had one of those at the end of the half. Curious.

• Like Like x 3
  21. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

with the hail mary, the defense is at least expecting it and defends it accordingly.

22. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I'm here. Been very busy week. Gonna get game in tonight after work.

I'm good with whatever you guys choose. Let's just hope Madden doesn't have all these problems either.

• Like Like x 1
  23. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Yea seriously I am on strike as well!

• Like Like x 3
  24. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

O btw....with the signing of Terrell Owens, I am stepping down as the head coach of the Seattle Seahwaks and will coach the greatest franchise in nfl history. Working together to get number 7.....Your Pittsburgh Steelers....

sidenote: I will be murdering Goose and his Brownies all season long.

• Like Like x 1
  25. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Why not let us all play games amongst each other with the changes to compare the sliders? Also when you made a point to say this was our main dynasty I did just that I didn't even play with my friends in a separate one...