Season 2 - Week 4 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 2 - Week 4 Scores

Week 4 is up. We will advance on Wednesday night come hell or high water.

User games:
    #18 Kansas State at #12 Notre Dame
    #23 Auburn at #11 Texas
    #3 Pittsburgh at #17 Nebraska
    Tennessee at #2 LSU

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

What if there was high water in Hell? Would that delay the advance?

Ok.....I'm at work and I gotta ask.....Did hippo sign the QB?

3. Dru50

Yes, Hippo got the QB.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Pittsburgh gets out of Lincoln with a W, 27-24

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
    PITT 3 21 3 0 27
    NEB 10 0 7 7 24

#3 Pittsburgh Panthers traveled to Lincoln to take on a very talented Husker team led by HB Helu. Helu ran 22 times for 106 yards but didn't sniff the endzone and his QB counterpart Lee didn't fare well in passing as he was intercepted 6 times. Regardless Nebraska was in the game and were able to cut it to 3 points with 3:21 left in the 4th. They couldn't break through the Pitt defense as they spoiled many drives of the Husker offense all day.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Pitt Neb
    Score 27 24
    First Downs 10 16
    Total Offense 279 411
    Rushes-Yards-TD 30-47-0 29-117-0
    Comp-Att-TD 11-23-2 15-27-2
    Passing Yards 232 294
    3rd Down 6-13 (46) 2-7 (28)
    4th Down 0-0 1-1 (100)
    Redzone-TD-FG 2-0-1 (50) 5-1-1 (40)
    Turnovers 2 6
    Fumble 0 0
    Interception 2 6
    Total Yards 434 604
    Punts-Avg 5-49.4 2-49.0
    Pen-Yards 4-30 1-15
    TOP 12:55 15:13

5. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#2 LSU - 31
    Tennessee - 3

LSU walks away with a convincing win in its home opener against SEC foe Tennessee. The story of this game was the LSU defense, as it forced 5 Tennessee interceptions and held the Volunteers to 3 points. The Tiger defense also did an admirable job of containing HB Bryce Brown, who was held under 60 yards on the afternoon. The Tiger offense was led by the steady play of QB Jordan Jefferson, who completed 21/26 passes to nine different receivers. On the ground, Mike Ford, filling in for the injured Keiland Williams, was contained all day save for one 59-yard rush were he found the cutback lane and took it to the house. Next up, the Tigers host Mississippi State.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

GG Beazus. You completely whooped my Vols in every way. I tried just about everything on defense to get the Tiger offense off the field but the QB was just picking me apart. Was really forced to pass alot more than I would have liked and we all know what happens when I start chucking the ball all over the field! Back to drawing board once again for the Vols as they get Cincinnatti at home next week.

7. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Noles is a freakin bastard...I am truly amazed at his defensive abilities. One of the best, if not the best, defensive players I've faced. Half of the 6 ints my receiver was seemingly open until just as I threw it...as it was leaving my hands I could see him cut back to the open receiver as he baited me into throwing the ball...then I let out an "OH...FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE" (Think Ralphie from Christmas Story) as I threw the ball. Great game, and as bad as my redzone stats were (including the missed FG that could have tied it) I still had a shot. As much as I don't want to take another loss next year...I want another shot at Pitt. Video highlights to come tomorrow sometime in the Nebraska summary thread.

8. KnightNoles

really contemplated at getting some vids but didnt....

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

You have a young team. I have a feeling I wont get so lucky if we meet in year 3.

10. Dru50

Nice write-ups guys.

ND-K State should get played tonight and it looks like Tex-Aub may get in tonight as well. We should be on target for a Thursday advance, possibly tonight depending on when the games get done.

11. Dru50

Guys, as a reminder, be sure to write up a brief scouting report on each user opponent you play.

12. Dru50

Notre Dame gets back in the W column, holding off a late 4th quarter surge by a tough Kansas State team playing without their top QB and HB, winning 52-42.

The Irish were able to hold the Wildcat running game in check, keeping HB T. Flanders to 15 yards on 10 carries. However the Irish could not even slow down the passing game led by C. Klein, who put 543 yards and 5 TD against only 1 INT. The INT was costly though, as it was a pick 6 on the opening drive for K State.

Notre Dame was able to run the ball enough to move the chains and force K State to bring their FS in the 4-2-5 up to the line in run support, which then allowed them to hit some big plays in the passing game. Jimmy Clausen rebounded from a really poor effort against USC to throw for 335 yards and 4 TD's on only 12 completions. The only real receiving threats were Michael Floyd, who caught 8 passes for 193 yards and 3 TD and TE Kyle Rudolph, who caught 3 passes for 124 yards, including an 80 yard TD pass on a nicely executed corner route. HB Armando Allen led the team with 123 yards and 2 TD on 27 carries.

Nice game Hokie, you were really money in the second half throwing that ball around.

13. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

UF 49 UK 28

The Gators were all over their rival Wildcats from Kentucky. Brantley had over 400 yards through the air and 5 TDs. The ground game for the Gators was nonexsistant. Jeff Demps was only able to muster up 67 yards on 16 carries.

The victory was infront as basically the entire 2011 recruiting class for the Gators. Overall coach Myer was pleased with the teams effort but would like the D to give up less points.

Next week the Gators take the 0-2 Alabama Crimson Tide(No wonder Dru jumped ship faster then Bobby Patrino in Atlanta)

14. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Was a great user game....I think the pick 6 to start the game took the air out before I even got going. I also couldn't capitilize on the few times I did force you to punt. I think despite the high score and big offensive numbers, there was a point where we traded punts for 3 consecutive possessions. I unconscously went into pass-robo mode after not having success on the ground and did have success despite being one-deminsional with my backup QB.

I had alot of trouble getting ND off the field when I needed the ball back most. Dru does a good job of mixing up the run and pass. He baited me on a PA play and hit his TE on a corner route for 80yd TD to really put the nail in the coffin.

I want a rematch next year....hopefully I will have my starting backfield healthy!!!

15. Dru50

We will definitely rematch at your place, and I can't help but think that the outcome may have been different had we played with you at full strength. Although, I'll admit I don't know how much worse your backups were, but they played really well. That QB must have put up a school record for you, 543 yards and 5 TD!

The first quarter and a half was frustrating (outside of the pick 6 obviously), as Clausen and my WR's just couldn't connect consistently. Clausen overthrew about 3 guys who would have had first downs and then Floyd/Tate each dropped what would have been first downs. Not sure if you noticed when I benched Clausen for a play and my backup QB came in and promptly threw a pick on his first pass.

The short benching though seemed to light a fire under the offense, as I think I scored on about 5 out of the next 6 possessions and the passing game really started connecting.

16. Dru50

On an aside, what does everyone think so far of not using the aggressive gameplan settings?

I really liked the gameplay in the first user game with that rule, I thought that the running game felt good and there didn't seem to be the usual 4-5 cheap sacks a game you see with the aggressive DL setting.

17. KnightNoles

Hippo excellent game summary in your Neb thread..

My QB was hurt and out for another few weeks in Pat Bostick. I felt good but not really comfortable with a lead, so I came out throwing and what I worried about happened. Tried to go over the middle and either hit the button to throw a lob which I didnt want or I got hit which floated the ball and you picked it.

18. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Ahh...I thought you should still have Bostick on your roster, but wasn't sure if he was hurt or you benched him and went with Sunseri instead. I was hoping for a mistake like that to happen, I needed a big play from the defense. By the 4th quarter my offense wasn't moving the ball that well.

19. KnightNoles

Yea, I thought it was time to turn UP the D....

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

#23 Auburn 24
    #11 Texas 17

The Tigers pull off the upset, controlling the clock with the ground game for almost 21 minutes. Kodi Burns completed 18/22 passes for 312 yards and 2td's and the Tiger run game combined for 147 yards. The Tigers were able to keep the turnovers to only 1 tipped pass in the hostile Austin environment.
    Texas had good success on offense, but a couple of key stops forced punts early in the game. The game was pretty much error free, aside from each side missing a field goal.

Good game joe......you're invited to Jordan-Hare next year.