Season 2 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 14, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Boston College Eagles (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1).

=============== #15 Clemson Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 13-10 against Illinois (1-1).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== #11 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 17-14 against Wake Forest (0-2).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Marcus Monroe has committed to South Carolina

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest lost 17-14 against Iowa (3-0).
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (1-1).

=============== #3 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 27-24 against Michigan (2-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host #1 Nebraska (2-0).

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 45-38 against TCU (0-1).
    This week, the Cavaliers will host #7 Stanford (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Kevin Carpenter has committed to Virginia

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Boilermakers were idle.
    This week, the Boilermakers will host Wake Forest (0-2).

=============== #5 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 45-28 against Wisconsin (2-1).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets are idle.

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 13-10 against Clemson (2-1).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host Boston College (1-1).

=============== #1 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 53-10 against Virginia Tech (0-3).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Chapel Hill to face the #3 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0).

=============== #6 Wisconsin Badgers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 45-28 against Georgia Tech (3-0).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.

=============== #10 Michigan Wolverines (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 27-24 against North Carolina (2-0).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    Facebook/Twitter sharing is disabled because the Dynasty is private.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

1 vs 3! big time

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The Cavaliers insult Stanford 38-15!
    "I don't know what came over our boys today. But I'm not complaining but passing definitely isn't our strong point even with Rocco under center." Stated Duke after this big win. The Cavaliers want to prove they aren't the doormat to anyone in the FBS, and they proved it today. "The player of the game is obviously Perry Jones." Said Duke. On the first play from scrimmage for the Cavaliers Perry Jones ran off the left tackle for a 59 yard TD run. The Cavaliers played great defense all game they forced Stanford to a 3 and out and got the ball back. Rocco stepped back to try and throw but his route was jumped and Stanford returned that INT for a Touchdown. Rocco threw two interceptions on the day. There needs to be a lot more work for this guy. The Cavaliers only held Stanford to 176 total yards which was very freaking impressive if I do say so myself. The Cavaliers amassed 417 total yards thanks to the legs of Jones. The Cavaliers have a bye week after this then start conference games taking on last years national champs Georgia Tech.​

5. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    Tar Heels Defense Seals Win
    [​IMG]
    The #3 ranked team in the nation would square off at home against the #1 ranked team in the nation; all eyes were on Chapel Hill this Saturday. The Tar Heels faced their third straight opponent from the Big Ten, and yet again they managed to come out the victor. UNC would receive the ball to start the game. A few plays into the drive, Renner chucked a pass to TE S. Fitzpatrick off of a PA, and he found some space and ran it all the way in for a 59 yd TD. Nebraska managed to get the ball in FG range, but their kicker just missed it by a small margin. Carolina once again drove down the field, but this time they were held to a FG. Going into the half, the Heels had a 10-0 lead.​
    Freshman Adam Gore made a name for himself for Nebraska in the third quarter with a big 68 yd TD run to put the Cornhuskers on the board. Unfortunately for the Big Red, that would be the only points they could put on the board all game. While their rushing attack excelled, their passing game was shaky, with Taylor Martinez throwing three costly INTs on the day. Giovanni Bernard would run it in for an 11 yd TD to end the third quarter. In the fourth, Carolina played keep away with their rushing attack, and time quickly ran out for Nebraska. 17-7 Tar Heels. UNC will host Houston next week.​
    Stats
    B. Renner 8/13 134 yds 1 TD 1 INT​
    G. Bernard 124 atts 113 yds 1 TD​
    S. Fitzpatrick 2 recs 66 yds 1 TD​
    N. Hurst 3 recs 53 yds​

D. Paige Moss 3 tackles 1 sack 1 INT
    T. Jackson 2 tackles 1 sack
    D. Rankin 2 tackles 1 sack
    K. Reddick 2 tackles 2 INTs

[​IMG]

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Damn fuzzyl0gic playing the best ball in the league right now, nice win!

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

oh so humble.

8. fuzzyl0gic

Thanks man.

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

GG fuzzyl0gic. I need to replace my controller. It gives me way too much trouble kicking. It didn't cost me the game, but it will at some point. I really need to work on the passing game its killing me. 2 of those throws I knew you were gonna pick before I threw it and I threw it anyway.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I've made that decision far too many times...

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Random stat findings for my Badgers on my bye week

Curt Phillips is 2nd in the nation in yards per completion at 26.3 behind Miss St QB Tyler Russel's 9 completions for 344 Yds. Minnesota's Edward Wright Baker is the only other QB with more then 20 completions and over 20 Yd/comp (20.9)
    James White is the only player in the nation with 4 rushing TDs and less then 5 YPC... he's at 3.7 with the 9th most carries in the country
    Doe is still on the Heisman watch list and is still averaging 50.7 Yards per kick return. over 20 more yards then anyone else with double digit returns. He has more KR TDs then the rest of the nation combine. He also leads the nation in punt yards per return among players with more then 10 at 15y/r.

Even after a poor offensive outing vs GT, i still have the 5th ranked O heading into the bye as well as the 2nd to last ranked D.

I miss my defensive unit from last year.

as i sit on a bye week in both leagues...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

So which team gets to run the option under coachredd?

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well, you get to join the Big 10 with me. Iowa is the team that was just vacated.

14. CoachRedd

Iowa it is. All my pocket passers are going to transfer when they see the offense I isntall.

15. The Natural

Am I the only coach* who crafts his scheme around his players and not the other way around? lol

*Outside of John Fox

16. CoachRedd

You are the only coach who crafts his avatar for which color he wishes Michael Vick were.

17. The Natural

Leave Superior Vick aka Victangibles alone.

18. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I got wisconsin, run wisconsins playbooks and try to run wisconsin style football. and I try to recruit WI style players but its not easy so i recruit what i can

19. CoachRedd

My tight end is 6'7 with 91 speed and 91 catching. And... HES WHITE.

20. The Natural

Please report this immediately. I'm sure Jerry Sandusky would love to know you have such a big white tight end.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I just run the same thing mostly.. but will change with a good player. I just don't have any dominant players this year. Last year I guess I threw it more with Givens around.. but this year I'm running more with Harris... so maybe I do.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wake 14 Purdue 7

Wake takes one from a Big Ten team in the second try, as the Deacons take a 14-7 in our from their trip to West Lafeyette. Both teams struggled to move the ball all day, especially Wake (which has come to be expected. As they will do this year, WF had to lean on their defense to win this one and they came through. The Demon Deacon defense picked off 5 passes en route to the win - one of which was returned for a score - I may let JQwon13 explain it haha. Wake managed a sheepish 143 yards, along with 37 on the ground; due in large part to constantly facing 8 - 9 defenders in the box. No Deacon receiver could get open down field and have an on target pass consistently.

Alas, the defense got the job done though. GG Qwon.

23. fuzzyl0gic

Nice win. The picture is gaining clarity, ACC >>> B1G.

24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kasper, just be glad you weren't on the mic for that bullshit...I was so angry.

To explain, I ran a screen to the right and my right tackle was still blocking his defensive end when i threw it to my RB who was a solid 10 or so yards farther outside from his DE. However, somehow that DE flashed off the tackle and made the unbelievable interception, only to follow with an immediate pitch which appeared to be an accident although it went right to his corner out there who took it to the house.

Biggest problem was the stupid ass default offense Purdue had on...It was the freaking Option Run offense. Thanks CoachRedd you bastard. Your shitty offense has no passing plays. Especially late in the game when I have to throw down the field, I basically had to pick a play and audible all the routes. Ugh, that was the first time I've ever played with that and it will certainly be the last.... Damn you Redd.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I was wondering about the playbook...