Season 2, Week 5 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 9, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Enjoy your last week of easier Heisman sliders. After all games are played and before advance, we will be raising difficulty more in the direction of default Heisman. Good luck.

ALSO: All 5wide and EmptyBack All Verts are completely banned! Don't use them! We will address the other gameplay ideas at week's end as well. Enjoy you cheaters :)

Last Week:
    -G Morg yelled at everyone

This Week:
    -Big Games: Texas State @ #14 Washingotn, Buffalo @ #7 Ohio State
    -User Games: None
    -Bye Weeks: None

Note:
    -update your team page recruits and schedule/records

• Like Like x 1
  2. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Did i seriously just vote to make this shit harder....Hawaii just took me to the woodshed. Like it hurts to sit down right now. My team is really bad, not sure how they could get worse but this team....dogshit compared to last years dogshit team. My one TD throw, wasnt intended for the guy who caught it. He just broke off his route and happened to catch the horribly underthrown ball.

FAU falls to 1-3 with another inept offensive performance. The young qb's both struggled. Last years 1000 yard rusher, TJ Moon, my still have not reached the 100 yard mark. 10 drops by FAU WR's. 5 drops by FAU defensive backs.

Hoping for a good showing in the conference cuz I suck

• Like Like x 2
  4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

duncan.png

Yet another CB who will get solid playing time from day one. That is three three stars in three weeks class is looking pretty good so far.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

MTSU escapes with a win against Air Force

MTSU would have a hard time getting much going in the first half the only touchdown score was on a punt return by Whatley, and they would put a field goal to. The second half would be much better for the offense as they would score on three touchdowns. Also a touchdown with 20 seconds left in the game to take the lead and eventually be the winning touchdown.

Was a poor showing for the defense as they would give up a ton of rushing yards and just get pounded. The offense had a hard time with giving up 4 turnovers and having to fight from behind most of the game only having the lead twice in the game.

Poor showing for qb L. kilgore against a very crappy team, he just couldn't keep the ball out of the defenders hands. As if he thought they were on his team but one of the Ints were because the wideout couldn't hang on to the ball like most of the wr and the defender would come in and get the int before it hit the ground. However Kilgore would help make the comeback in the second half by keeping a hold of the ball and throwing for 2 touchdowns.

Final Score MTSU 38 AF 35

Qb L. Kilgore 25-39 320yards 2 td 4 INT
    Wr K. Griswould 13 catches 180 2 tds
    Hb/Returner R. Whatley 3 punt returns 113yds 1 td- 6 KO returns 173yds

all videos uploaded

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Crazy thing about that game and also sad for my defense is that Air Forces shortest touchdown was a 26 yard run and the rest were 52 yards or longer for a touchdown

7. Luke

Luke Walk On

I took the 4 verticals play out of all my formations awhile ago.

Anyways sorry for not being around the last few days. Firstly my Baylor game pissed me off to the point where I threw my controller multiple times. It wasn't even losing the game that what made me so mad. For starters Branden Oliver gets injured and is out for 8 weeks. The stats said I had 5 drops but I swear there were ATLEAST 8 or 9. The game was really just unfun and really turned me off. Then after I took some time off I was glad I lost.

Anyways bounced back nicely against UCONN. My RsFr QB Michael was benched in the Baylor game in favor of Sr Alex Zordich who has played pretty well in his game and a half. My RB situation is pretty screwy with 2 true freshman 69 an 67 splitting carries.

Im off to get killed by tOSU

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  8. vatechhokie01

...and there goes Buffalo, lol. ouch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. vatechhokie01

I need to star a poll on who would be up for me editing all user QBs injury up some points. ridiculous, lol.

10. Luke

Luke Walk On

First play of OSU game backup Fr RB broken finger 3 weeks lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Well San Jose just beat Minnesota 31-10 in dominating fashion but while the game was taking photos of itself at the end it froze. Will leave it on all night and hope it starts back up. If not I will try to get it in tomorrow in between work and the plans I have at night.

12. Luke

Luke Walk On

This game is just unbelievably stupid in the rain. How many times are my recievers gonna get in that slipping animation when I throw the ball

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luke

Luke Walk On

Bulls lose at the horseshoe 42-20

If the first snap was an indication of how the game was gonna go, the Bulls should have just went home then. Freshman running back Travis Bentley broke his finger leaving the Bulls to 3rd and 4th string running backs. 5 touchdowns by OSUs Carlos Hyde and 4 interceptions later the blowout everyone expected had arrived.

Alex Neutz torched the OSU secondary for 170 yards on 13 catches. Besides Neutz though you wonder what the other buffalo targets were doing. After stepping up last year Fred Lee looks lost most plays, newcomer Scott Clarke simply can't catch, and the freshman tight ends have disappointed. The Bulls still have MAC play to look forward to but this offense needs somebody besides Neutz to step up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Luke

Luke Walk On

Does anybody else's recievers act completely oblivious with the ball in the air? It's like all my receivers with the exception of Neutz are just out there jogging around with no purpose whatsoever. Randomly stopping, slipping, or just watching the ball sail right by them.

15. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I would do my week 4 write up in week 4 but it is locked so ill do it here.

Georgia Tech beat UMass. Beat my ass up and down the field.
    UMass is bad. Very bad.
    That is all.

16. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Amen...this is absurd.

17. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Lost 38-28 @ Washington.

Awful game...5 int's (3 of them in the endzone). I also muffed a punt that no one on my team even bothered to try to recover.

My stud FR QB threw 4 picks, ran for 95, but even better than that...HE TORE HIS ABDOMEN. He will be out 6 weeks. Season over. Thanks EA for having scrambling QB's who get hurt or exhausted every time they run the ball. Good job you jagoffs.

Their QB threw for over 400 yards, they got every jump ball, because that's literally all they threw. I did pick him 3 times.

On a positive, my FR HB ran for 120. Dude is good, really good.

I really felt like I had my chances, but EA made sure to put an end to that.

18. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Dude I thought it was just me all of my loses have been in the rain.

19. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

This stinks the prettiest PR ever and the highlight info won't show becasue a penalty was called on the play...

Indiana Punted to Rico Brown and their gunner came down field and ran into him and ref called a penalty but the play kept going. I was on the left hash mark and I noticed all of their players had ran towards me so I just ran up field towards the right side and had two blockers about 25 yards who took out the punter and I went 84 yards untouched. If their was a way I could buy the highlight I would just to show you guys how crazy this play was.

So is the rule if a penalty is called does the highlight not show up?

Yes I'm very excited but I refuse to use caps or exclamation marks ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

(myself included) man we are some whining bitches lately ;)

21. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

That time of the month LOL:oops:

22. Goose

Goose Walk On

YEAH I BELIEVE THAT THE HIGHLIGHT WILL NOT SHOW UP IF THEIR IS A PENALTY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU 35 - IU 27

WKU got on the board first on a 2 yard run by JR RB John Evans to take a 7-0 lead. IU answered in the 2nd qtr when RB S.Houston ran 49 yards up the gut for a TD to tie it up at 7. WKU responded when J.Mason hit TE J. Murphree on an 37 yard TE option across the middle to give the Hilltoppers a 14-7 lead. IU scored on their next possession when QB T.Roberson hit R. Jones on a 24 yard TD pass to tie game at 14. IU capitalized on a turnover and scored on another T.Roberson pass this time to WR J.McCants to take a 21-14 lead. WKU scored right before half when J.Mason connect with stud Freshman WR J. Campbell on a 71 yard pass to tie it at 21 at half. (please view video I want feedback, I didn't hot route the play but call a flood time play that sent him deep He's 6'5 with 96 speed I was playing for a jump ball but the defense left him wide open, is the play legit)

Josh Mason opened the 3rd quarter up with a QB keeper for 3 yards to give the Hilltoppers a 28-21 lead in the 3rd. IU answered with a 22 yard FG to end the 3rd to bring the score 28-24. WKU scored on a Rico Brown 84 yard punt return to give the Hilltoppers a 35-24 lead in the 4th. IU kicked another FG with 2:32 left in the 4th which brought us to our final score 35-27.

QB Josh Mason 7-12 215 yards 2 TD 2 INT Please let me explain...Mason was sacked 4 times, I managed to escape the pocket twice and tackled for 1 yard gains twice during pass sets. I did try to pass but it didn't work in my favor.

RB Kelvin Simpson 19 ATT 81 YDS

WR Boe Brand 4 REC 78 YDS 0 TD

Whatever we set sliders to can you let me know so I can run a practice dynasty with the same settings. I'm hitting a wall and I'm not playing any other games besides League Games so I need to practice more...

• Like Like x 1
  24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

dude too much excitement don't blow a gasket geez...

Goose, calm down dude its just a chat forum get a hobby dude. LOL you guys funny, I'm heading out of town and since I got my game in I don't think I'm taking my PS3 but we will see.

Gooses your full of :doodie::doodie::doodie:

• Like Like x 1
  25. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I wish they have a love button this was funny.