Season 2 Week 5 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Feb 19, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Jan 6, 2010
    Season 2 Week 5 Summaries

MTSU 35 Louisville 24

Dasher ran wild with over 190 yards rushing and about the same through the air...

Sloppy decision making by Dasher really made the score closer than the game really was.

Travelling to South Bend for a huge test for the upstart Blue Raiders next week...
  2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Jul 23, 2009
    #8 Troy rolls against Western Kentucky 31-0. The Trojans were just too fast for the Hilltoppers. Good game bc, not much you could do.
  3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sep 12, 2009
    WKU's coach said after the game, "I thought we played above our heads the first four weeks. I didn't realize how much above our heads until we faced a talented Troy team. Troy played like they are for real. They could do the Sun Belt proud and represent The Sun Belt well in either a BCS bowl or the BCS Championship game. We played like a NAIA school and they played like a top 10 FBS school."
  4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Memphis Rolls Past LaTech, 22-10

Sloppy offense or great defense? You choose. In another hard fought game the Memphis Tigers' won again as they outlasted the LTU, 22-10. After a slow first quarter where Memphis limped out to a 3-0 lead an explosive second quarter would decide the game. Scoring was started on 2 yard G.Ray touchdown run to cap off a 14 play 76 yard drive to give the Tigers a 10-0 lead. LTU would march right down the field but stalled inside the Memphis 30 and had to settle for a 31 yard FG. After a Memphis miscue inside the redzone, LTU had the ball at their own one yard line. On the next play they decided to call a playaction against an all out blitz by Memphis. Result: Memphis safey. Memphis now led 12-3 late second quarter. Memphis would have to punt on their next possession after the safety and LTU would respond as a Duplessis 3 yard touchdown run would cut the score to 12-10. The Tigers, led by balanced playcalling, would move the ball once again, this time capped by a 22 yard pass to G.Ray to strectch it's lead to 19-10 with 16 seconds left in the half. On the onsuing kickoff, LTU fumbled and Memphis recovered leaving them with one second left on the clock. Just enough time to kick a 37 yard FG as time expired to take a 22-10 lead into halftime.

After an explosive second quarter both defenses stepped up and the second half was a punting match. Neither team crossed midfield in the second half.

*Sorry for dry summary. I will get back to standards but I'm literally going off of post its right now and had a busy gaming weekend. Sorry. But honestly this game was boring. I like boring, felt realistic. Just not alot to write about, lol
  5. gprepp93

gprepp93 Walk On

Nov 1, 2009
    UNLV falls to SMU, 31-24 in OT. This was a game of 2 completely different halves. UNLV owned the first half, with a dominating D that racked up 3 picks and several sacks on way to a 21-3 halftime lead. However, the teams must have switched uniforms during the intermission, because SMU was the dominate team once the break was over. UNLV could get nothing going against the Mustang D and the SMU O made great adjustments to neutralize the Rebel front 4. SMU outscored the Rebels 21-3 in the second half, to send the game in to OT at 24-24. In the OT session, UNLV won the toss and elected to go on D. SMU scored quickly and when the Rebels got their shot, Mike Clausen fumbled as he was sacked and the Mustangs recovered to end the game. Great game Onaradio, look forward to playing you again.
  6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Sep 24, 2009
    The difference for the Mustangs in the game was Freshman QB J. Cohen. Starting QB Mitchell wasnt horrible but the 3 picks really hurt. Cohen added the running dimension. While UNLV still bottled up the run Cohen did manage 35 yds on 6 carries and ran in the TD in OT while completing all 5 of his passes for 68 yds and 1 TD. He will probably get the nod the rest of the year. Mitchell has been great but against a good pass rush he gets really rattled and cant avoid pressure.

The final play was a case of the perfect call at the right time though by accident. UNLV had broke some nice runs on pitches. I picked a D that had both outside LB's playing containment expecting UNLV to start the drive off with another. It just so happens UNLV ran a stretch playaction and my LB's converged on the QB before he could get the pass off.
  7. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

Feb 12, 2010
    My bad about being last. I just super simmed it quick..