Season 2 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 17, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: 2 AM EST Saturday

Only one user game this week, let's make this a quick one. Good luck everyone.

gwill
    Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    pnc
    Tschetter2
    The Natural
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Boston College Eagles (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Boston College lost 31-24 against Illinois (2-1).
    This week, the Eagles are idle.

=============== #13 Clemson Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Tallahassee to face the #16 Florida State Seminoles (2-1).

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 14-7 against Purdue (1-2).
    This week, the Demon Deacons are idle.

=============== #1 North Carolina Tar Heels (3-0) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 17-7 against Nebraska (2-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host Houston (1-1).

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 38-15 against Stanford (2-1).
    This week, the Cavaliers are idle.

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Purdue lost 14-7 against Wake Forest (1-2).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Iowa City to face the #9 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Nathan Brown has committed to Purdue

=============== #3 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Yellow Jackets were idle.
    This week, the Yellow Jackets travel to Fort Worth to face the #12 TCU Horned Frogs (1-1).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 31-24 against Boston College (1-2).
    This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.

=============== #5 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska lost 17-7 against North Carolina (3-0).
    This week, the Cornhuskers are idle.

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers travel to University Park to face the Penn State Nittany Lions (3-0).

=============== #8 Michigan Wolverines (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines will host Northwestern (0-2).

=============== #9 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Purdue (1-2).

2. fuzzyl0gic

The Natural I'm hoping I can win out so that we're both undefeated in our match-up in week 13. Going to be a hard task.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuzzyl0gic I have my untouchable recruit picked--- I don't remember his name and I'm in class right now but he is a 5star HB that is 5'6 somethin.

4. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I thought it was decided you would be choosing someone in the off-season. If it's the same guy I am thinking of that's kinda lame because I've put about 2hrs into that guy already.

5. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah this is why I wanted him to point out the guy early, so nobody would waste time going after him. Good ole' Kasper. ;)

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I could have sworn I was the only one that has offered him, and I was the only user top ten on him as well (I'm 99% sure). I understand why it could be slightly aggravating, but I don't remember saying I was going to wait til off season. Personally I'm not big on the untouchable recruit thing, but I won the right fair and square.

7. The Natural

Well I have offered him but I am not in his top 10 yet. How about if I am not included in his top 10 next week he's untouchable but if I am then you can choose someone else. I think that is fair.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Dude, if you aren't in his top 10 yet, it's time to throw in the towel.

9. The Natural

For a guy who is still on 8-10 teams? Negative.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Waste of your time IMO

11. The Natural

I'm sure you know what they say about opinions.

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Thriller at Penn State!
    #4 Badgers hold off Penn State push for 44-37 win

It took everything the Badgers had to come out with the win and it took every second on the clocks as well. Things stated fast for PSU returning the kick 99 yards for a TD. After a fast 3 and out, PSU hit their first big play of the game and punched in another TD to go up 14-0 in less then 2 minutes. Then the defenses settled in. After a UW FG, Thorpe Award winner Marcus Cromartie made a huge play with a 91 yard pick 6 to get things close. A fg in the middle of the 2nd was it until just before half Doe returned a punt to the 27 and it only took Phillips one play to find Whitlock for the score.

Coming out of the half, the electric Kenzel Doe returned the kick all the way for his 5th return score BUT there was a holding call that brought it way back to the 14. After some nice running by James White, Phillips threw a pick from just out of the redzone. An olineman then stripped the returner and a corner picked up the ball and went 86 yards to score and retake the lead. Phillips then took over the quarter with some big plays and it lead to 17 points. PSU wasnt going to quick at their home and managed another long pass t set up a short TD to enter the 4th only down 37-27.

5 punts into the 4th, PSU finally hit another long pass to set up another short TD to make it a 3 point game with 3 min left. Some more good defense set things up to be a tight finish. with 53 seconds to go on 3rd and 9 the Badgers elected to pass with PSU out of TOs. a near pick then gave the Nittany Lions 38 seconds to make something happen. And on play #1, yet another huge pass play for 52 yards. after a spike, short pass, spike, it was 4th down with 15 seconds left and Fickens drilled the 40 yard FG to tie.

With the best kick returner in the nation deep, PSU stll kicked deep but Doe only took it back to the 29 with 6 seconds on the game clock.

Phillips rocketted a short pass to Abbrederis for 18 quick yards and a time out with 1 second on the game clock.

The Badgers line up in Hail Mary formation and PSU elects to just rush 3 defenders. Just as the pressure got to Phillips, he sent up the prayer. In a coverage mismatch, there was more red then blue in the endzone and the True Freshman Derek Whitlock snagged the bomb just as the safety layed a hit on him but he held on to the ball and the Badgers escape!

Phillips had a monster 372 yard pass game on just 12 completion (31 y/c). White finally looked like the James White of last year as he surpassed the century mark. The Badgers defense is not playing at a level near it did last year and McGloin terrorized it for nearly 400 yards on multiple long passes. However he didnt throw any pass TDs. Instead PSU rushed 22 times for 43 yards and 3 scores with 37 sack yards to bring the total to 6.

Im just happy to escape with the victory and bring on a big matchup with a bunch of recruits next week vs Mizzou

13. fuzzyl0gic

Play your CPU games if you haven't yet, I'm advancing tonight if the user game gets played.

Nice win Oshiomogho my CPU game was crazy as well.

14. The Natural

Georgia Tech Wins Despite Poor QB Play

[​IMG]
    Synjin Days showed his youth as he struggled early.

Georgia Tech 52
    TCU 14

Young QB Syngin Days might have forgotten his plays but the Yellow Jacket defense sure didn't. The TCU crowd and pressure defense gave the GT QB fits all day as he barely completed over 50% of his passes and threw an INT for a Touchdown on his first passing play of the day. Senior RB Marcus Wright picked up the slack running for 184 yards on 18 carries.

The TCU Offense was held scoreless until the 4th when they got on the board vs Tech's second string players. TCU was held to 3-12 on 3rd down conversions and turned the ball over twice in the contest.

Georgia Tech goes to 4-0 and is ranked #3 in the latest polls.

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Hope we get it advanced can't wait for my bout against GT

16. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

#6 Michigan 57
    Northwestern 14

Michigan's offense bounces back after an off game against North Carolina and picks up a conference win against 0-3 Northwestern. Denard Robinson looked solid today, as Michigan did what they wanted. He finished with over 250 yards passing and 3 touchdowns, and added another touchdown on the ground. Freshman David Harrison added a touchdown on the ground and 1 touchdown. The Michigan defense picked off the Northwestern QB 4 interceptions and sacked him another 6 times. The starters were pulled early in the 2nd half. The kicker, Will Hagerup had a good day, going 5-5 on field goals with a long of 58, and 6-6 on extra points. Michigan opens the B1G with a conference win, but will need to get better if they want to take home another conference title.

17. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Hope we advance early, ready to see how my 7 recruit visits went.

18. fuzzyl0gic

Unfortunately it's going to be late tomorrow night, the user game is getting played while I'm at work.

19. fuzzyl0gic

Nvm, I'm going to pass it to the Natural and hopefully he can advance when the game is over.

20. The Natural

I'm on Skyrim, is the game over yet?

21. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

No, I don't think they're playing right now though. Both of their statues say offline.

22. The Natural

23. fuzzyl0gic

They should be done around 7:30 pm est at the latest. gwill get your CPU game in by then.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

The Natural

fuzzyl0gic

That's my damn pick for my recruit, I'm the only one in his top 10-- nuff said.

25. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Running an option offense with a pocket passer IS NOT recommended. Boiler Up.