Season 2, Week 6: Buccaneers @ Vikings

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by controllerabuser, Oct 26, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Bounce Back Win
    Vikings beat Buccaneers, 42-17.

[​IMG]

After a tough loss at the hands of Detroit, Minnesota bounced back with a huge win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 42-17! Very productive day for the offense and some big progress was made by the defense. After Antoine Winfield was ripped apart by Mike Williams, the defensive coordinator moved rookie corner back Prince Justice over to the #1 CB spot and he shut down Williams. Justice responded with 5 tackles, an interception and forced a fumble. Many are saying that Antoine is likely to be moved to SS and that the Vikings are looking to add another corner back before next week.

Our offense was explosive today after slowing down last week. Adrian got going very early and had over 100 yards rushing on just 4 carries. Calvin Dinwiddie took over for Percy Harvin as he made a couple big plays. Christian Ponder looked more like himself from weeks 1-4. Throwing for 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Jordy Nelson had himself a game as well catching 2 of those passes in the end zone. The Vikings are now 5-1 with a couple more CPU games coming up to get ready for the Oakland Raiders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Jeez you did whatever you wanted to on offense!

• Like Like x 1
  3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

It's been that way except for the Detroit game. I don't know if it was because it was at Ford field or what. I think I got a little too caught up in thinking Ponder could do anything and forced too many throws. That and Harvin got hurt. I think I've found the replacement for Harvin right now in Dinwiddie.